Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I bought this in 1983
A guitar with the case from an old guy that played in a band, he was about 70 then and was down on his luck and sold it to me for I think 50.00. I was hanging around the American legion then and got nothing but grief for buying the fucking thing. it's a fender from around 58-59. The old Buck played in a country western band and was featured at the Circle 9 ranch. 

I use it quite a bit and brought it over to the Guitar man shop to see if I could "trade up"

He looked at it before I even opened the case and offered 4000.00 for it. When I opened it he went up I dont even want to say how much. Anyways I guess people would put another pickup on it and this was one that wasn't touched yet. The case is really beat up and falling apart. 

I really just want to trade it but that kid was almost crying when I walked out. It's an old Fender. 

[Image: rszb8vdycon0.jpg]

[Image: kspl7opes8hr.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What model is it and why do you want to trade it?
(02-26-2021, 03:45 PM)rothschild Wrote: What model is it and why do you want to trade it?

I don't even know and I don't like the action that much.
I love legionnaires.    Also,  I know a few musicians who would love to trade you up on this.
(02-26-2021, 04:36 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 03:45 PM)rothschild Wrote: What model is it and why do you want to trade it?

Has it been properly set up?
(02-26-2021, 04:54 PM)cannongal Wrote: I love legionnaires.    Also,  I know a few musicians who would love to trade you up on this.

Yeah, I brought it up on a whim, I really like acoustic but electric has it's uses. Reverb and sustain pedals are great and can make some cool sounds. I kinda like to keep it simple though as I'm not like the others.
(02-26-2021, 06:49 PM)rothschild Wrote:

What do you mean? It's a guitar, you plug it in and play then fuck with the amp or pedals. The guitar is original and I really think that's where it's gonna stay. 

It's not find the echo its find the chords and notes that matter here. That's tricky enough for me.
(02-26-2021, 08:19 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 06:49 PM)rothschild Wrote:

What do you mean? It's a guitar, you plug it in and play then fuck with the amp or pedals. The guitar is original and I really think that's where it's gonna stay. 

It's not find the echo its find the chords and notes that matter here. That's tricky enough for me.

What I mean is you take it to a luthier and they adjust the bridge, nut, and dress the frets, if needed, which could significantly improve the action.
If it’s a genuine Fender (and I don’t doubt for a second it is), it’ll have a serial number on it somewhere. There are various decoders on the Internetz that will tell you when, where and how it was made. You’ll get a fairly reasonable grasp of its value from there.

But value is only what some schmuck is willing to pay for it today, right? Good luck...
Trade it for a 10 ounce gold bar.
(02-27-2021, 07:48 AM)crash Wrote: If it’s a genuine Fender (and I don’t doubt for a second it is), it’ll have a serial number on it somewhere. There are various decoders on the Internetz that will tell you when, where and how it was made. You’ll get a fairly reasonable grasp of its value from there.

But value is only what some schmuck is willing to pay for it today, right? Good luck...

I will look around the neck and under the pick guard. Good idea.
(02-27-2021, 11:14 AM)BigMark Wrote: Trade it for a 10 ounce gold bar.

It's not worth that much.  hah
(02-26-2021, 08:38 PM)rothschild Wrote: What I mean is you take it to a luthier and they adjust the bridge, nut, and dress the frets, if needed, which could significantly improve the action.

I can do the adjustments and the action is the distance between the frets.
(02-27-2021, 11:19 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 08:38 PM)rothschild Wrote: What I mean is you take it to a luthier and they adjust the bridge, nut, and dress the frets, if needed, which could significantly improve the action.

What about the space between your ears, Maggot? What about that action? hah
(02-27-2021, 01:39 PM)rothschild Wrote:

What about the space between your ears, Maggot? What about that action?  hah

That space is infinite it stretches beyond the bounds of reality and is limited only by the imagination of a toddler, near nor far it is close yet untouchable by the slings and arrows of man.
Action is also the distance between the strings. Even gods have moments of fatigue and I'm at my wits end in my mortal toils.
(02-27-2021, 05:21 PM)Maggot Wrote:

That space is infinite it stretches beyond the bounds of reality and is limited only by the imagination of a toddler, near nor far it is close yet untouchable by the slings and arrows of man.
Action is also the distance between the strings. Even gods have moments of fatigue and I'm at my wits end in my mortal toils.
That's beautiful, man. Crying-into-tissue
(02-27-2021, 07:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

(02-28-2021, 12:28 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 11:19 AM)Maggot Wrote: I can do the adjustments and the action is the distance between the frets.

He can keep the horse piss...er...Bud Light.
(02-28-2021, 05:50 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 12:28 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 01:39 PM)rothschild Wrote: What about the space between your ears, Maggot? What about that action?  hah

He can keep the horse piss...er...Bud Light.

https://youtu.be/UcwfEMdV-aM