Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm went to a plumbing company today.
Here is my story:

I went to Bego and sons to get a new valve stem for my shower. I had repacked it and it was still leaking. I went to his place that was in a really seedy area but was pleasantly surprised when I got there. He had a wrought Iron gate and his backyard was great! I brought my valve stem and he rebuilt it. Teaching me things as he went. He was from Bulgaria and had quite the accent. His shop was clean and tidy and I told him so. He came from the home country 20 yrs ago and became a citizen 6 yrs later. 
    He really hated the people coming here now and berated them as he rebuilt my shower stem. Searching through a box of odds and ends he came up with a fix. 
    I tossed him 40.00 he was happy and we went out the door. I look over and he has a pond with Koi fish in it. Snow banks were all around it and he had a heater to keep them warm, there were maybe 15 fish some 16-18" long some small maybe 6" long. He said in the Spring they jump and he sits out there smoking butts and drinking a beer watching them, tossing them food. No mask crap no crazy distancing. He was freaking great. 

My shower doesn't leak now and that memory will last longer than any stupid shower stem. I will most certainly call him for any future plumbing needs.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Koi are awesome! I once tried to have some & I don't think they lasted 3 days before they disappeared. I can't have anything nice.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]