Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The happiest time of your life
I remember about 8 yrs ago one night me the Professor and the kids were out in the backyard by the pool, it was around a little after sunset and a full moon was coming out. The mosquito light was on and I had a yellow light bulb in the porch. We had just had supper a BBQ or something and there we were dancing to the oldies my son was about 6 my Daughter was 11 and there we were dancing in the moonlight. We must have danced like a bunch of epileptic nutcases out there. Dancing in the moonlight came on and there we were dancing baresfoot in the back yard.

I think about that from time to time and realize it was a defining moment in my existence. at the time it didn't really affect me but when I think back it was the greatest thing in the world. An hour of happiness that became a lifetime of memories for me.

I don't know why I am thinking about it now, maybe the cold air, maybe the wind. But it may never happen again. And that is a bother. I really don't even think they remember that but I do and I smile.

Any happy memories?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have a few similar ones, but they come second to giving birth. Obviously you can't comprehend that. Out of three kids I will secretly say my son is my favorite one. When they handed him to me, he looked me directly in the eye as if to say "nice to meet you, mom". The other two just stared into space like a couple of morons.
I can only imagine what it's like discharging a 10 lbs thing in my belly. It must be like the greatest discharge of stuff that was growing in a persons belly for months. I would probably be ecstatic that that growth was discharged. Probably like popping a huge zit or something.

But that's as close as I will ever get.
(03-14-2021, 07:40 PM)sally Wrote: I have a few similar ones, but they come second to giving birth. Obviously you can't comprehend that. Out of three kids I will secretly say my son is my favorite one. When they handed him to me, he looked me directly in the eye as if to say "nice to meet you, mom". The other two just stared into space like a couple of morons.

I like your Sally description. It's comforting in a "Hope for mankind" way.
Both my girls just kind of had a blank stare when they were born. My son looked directly at me like "what's up!"and proceeded to look around the room like where the hell am I. It reminded me of the Kurt Vonnegut book immediately. "To the as-yet unborn, to all Innocent wisps of undifferentiated nothingness: watch out for life. I have come down with life. I was a wisp of undifferentiated nothingness and then a little peephole opened quite suddenly." It was a bit surreal and probably best day of my life, at least top five.
My first car that was all the same color.
I don't think the happiest time of my life has happened yet. Generally speaking, I'm a pretty happy & content person, but I can't think of anything that's made me over the moon ecstatic. Being gifted with a baby goat might do that, but I'm unsure.  Awink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-15-2021, 12:09 AM)BigMark Wrote: My first car that was all the same color.

I had a blue car with a white door once, I felt like such a bum driving around in that piece of crap.
(03-14-2021, 09:34 PM)sally Wrote: Both my girls just kind of had a blank stare when they were born. My son looked directly at me like "what's up!"and proceeded to look around  the room like where the hell am I. It reminded me of the Kurt Vonnegut book immediately. "To the as-yet unborn, to all Innocent wisps of undifferentiated nothingness: watch out for life. I have come down with life. I was a wisp of undifferentiated nothingness and then a little peephole opened quite suddenly." It was a bit surreal and probably best day of my life, at least top five.

How has that evolved as they've gotten older?
It evolved into them becoming a couple of bitches. Lol.
(03-15-2021, 04:25 PM)sally Wrote: It evolved into them becoming a couple of bitches. Lol.

What about your son?
(03-15-2021, 04:29 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 04:25 PM)sally Wrote: It evolved into them becoming a couple of bitches. Lol.

What about your son?

He's a son of a bitch. Lol.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-15-2021, 05:11 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

What about your son?

Exactly. That's what I called him today when I went to the house that I rent him and found a bunch of cigarette butts in the flower bed I just planted. Wtf kind of inconsiderate bullshit is that, I'd like to smack him in the face sometimes.
Nothing a Solo cup with a little water in it won't solve.
(03-15-2021, 06:40 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:11 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

What about your son?

Exactly. That's what I called him today when I went to the house that I rent him and found a bunch of cigarette butts in the flower bed I just planted. Wtf kind of inconsiderate bullshit is that, I'd like to smack him in the face sometimes.

Once me and my brother were jumping our bikes off a ramp. I went and made it bigger and my brother went flying down the hill, on to the ramp (that broke as soon as he was on it) and he landed in the grass face first. He came up with a mouthful of grass and dirt and preceded to kick my ass as I laughed. I rigged the jump to fail just to watch him wipe out.
have I ever told you about the time my brother arranged for me to take a ride on a black hawk helo that one of his best bros was flying? never drink beer before flying in a helo with a shit hot combat pilot. last thing my brother said to me was "you know you're going to puke, right?"
(03-14-2021, 07:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: I remember about 8 yrs ago one night me the Professor and the kids were out in the backyard by the pool, it was around a little after sunset and a full moon was coming out. The mosquito light was on and I had a yellow light bulb in the porch. We had just had supper a BBQ or something and there we were dancing to the oldies my son was about 6 my Daughter was 11 and there we were dancing in the moonlight. We must have danced like a bunch of epileptic nutcases out there. Dancing in the moonlight came on and there we were dancing baresfoot in the back yard.

I think about that from time to time and realize it was a defining moment in my existence. at the time it didn't really affect me but when I think back it was the greatest thing in the world. An hour of happiness that became a lifetime of memories for me.

I don't know why I am thinking about it now, maybe the cold air, maybe the wind. But it may never happen again. And that is a bother. I really don't even think they remember that but I do and I smile.

Any happy memories?

I love that story! What a great memory. Just beautiful!
(03-14-2021, 07:40 PM)sally Wrote: I have a few similar ones, but they come second to giving birth. Obviously you can't comprehend that. Out of three kids I will secretly say my son is my favorite one. When they handed him to me, he looked me directly in the eye as if to say "nice to meet you, mom". The other two just stared into space like a couple of morons.

Also great memory. 

And then he throws the cigarettes in the garden. Pshaw!