Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maple syrup
I have a feeling this will be a good year it's below freezing at night and about 35-40 during the day. Perfect oozing temps.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Every time I think of a sugar shack, Love Shack starts playing in my head.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hop in my car it's as big as a whale and we'll get all sticky heading to the loooooooove shack.
Take my hand...

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-18-2021, 03:19 PM)Duchess Wrote: Every time I think of a sugar shack, Love Shack starts playing in my head.

(03-18-2021, 04:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Take my hand...

Yup
I stopped at the maple shack and picked up 2 quarts today. Good stuff.
I bet you didn't know it comes in 4 grades. Light, medium, amber and dark. I like the amber because its not as sweet as the dark. The darker the more sugar is in it.
My daughter made me make pancakes today. All we can get here is the amber and it's 12.99 for a 12 ounce bottle. Highland Sugar Works it's called.
(04-13-2021, 08:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: I bet you didn't know it comes in 4 grades. Light, medium, amber and dark. I like the amber because its not as sweet as the dark. The darker the more sugar is in it.

I did. Used to go to the Apple Barn in Vermont as a kid with my family. They had free samples of all the different grades. I liked the dark the best. It's been years though since I had the good maple syrup. They had good Vermont cheese, cider donuts and candy sticks too. I wonder if the Apple Barn is still around or if they were forced to close forever because of the pandemic.