YOUR MONEY IS YOUR MONEY
I was inspired to talk about this after seeing a headline. I'll try to make this short & sweet. A very wealthy person's friend was in a car accident and the wealthy person started a GoFundMe account for the friend and donated 5K. The overwhelming response from people was that the very rich person should pay for the entire hospital bill and all associated costs. I have no idea if this is even true, that's not the part that interests me, I'm interested in what would make anyone think that a rich person should pay simply because they can better afford to. Do you agree with that?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-21-2021, 07:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: I was inspired to talk about this after seeing a headline. I'll try to make this short & sweet. A very wealthy person's friend was in a car accident and the wealthy person started a GoFundMe account for the friend and donated 5K. The overwhelming response from people was that the very rich person should pay for the entire hospital bill and all associated costs. I have no idea if this is even true, that's not the part that interests me, I'm interested in what would make anyone think that a rich person should pay simply because they can better afford to. Do you agree with that?

Because it's his/her friend. Why should anyone who isn't this person's friend pay for any of the medical expenses, especially if they aren't "very wealthy"?
Why would people automatically assume that the person with the most money pays? That's bullshit on a couple different levels.
(03-21-2021, 12:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why would people automatically assume that the person with the most money pays? That's bullshit on a couple different levels.

Hellooooo, Earth to Doochy...

Most people would assume that insurance will handle this, and most people have their own problems to deal with. If this "very wealthy" person is such a great friend then he'll do what needs to be done. It's fine to ask the public to help out, but it's asinine to expect them to.

BTW, how much did you contribute?
I didn't contribute a dime and I don't intend to.

The wealthy person is Kylie Jenner and the dude in the accident was her makeup artist pal.
(03-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I didn't contribute a dime and I don't intend to.

The wealthy person is Kylie Jenner and the dude in the accident was her makeup artist pal.

How much is Jenner worth? In this day and age, a million dollars doesn't equate to "very wealthy". On the other hand, people who have disposable income should be expected to do more than people who don't when it comes to helping out in a crisis, so I'm not sure why you're in a tizzy over this. Calm your tiddies and smoke a doob or something. hah
I'm not in a tizzy at all. I thought it was interesting that society, in general, thinks the wealthy should pay for those who can't. 
(03-21-2021, 01:42 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm not in a tizzy at all. I thought it was interesting that society, in general, thinks the wealthy should pay for those who can't. 

I guess you've already forgotten that those comments were in response to a rich person's request for public assistance for her friend. Or perhaps you never did take that into consideration. Burla2
It should be one's choice if they want to help or not, it shouldn't be the expectation that the one with the most money is the one to handle it. That is the part that annoys me.
(03-21-2021, 07:44 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 07:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: I was inspired to talk about this after seeing a headline. I'll try to make this short & sweet. A very wealthy person's friend was in a car accident and the wealthy person started a GoFundMe account for the friend and donated 5K. The overwhelming response from people was that the very rich person should pay for the entire hospital bill and all associated costs. I have no idea if this is even true, that's not the part that interests me, I'm interested in what would make anyone think that a rich person should pay simply because they can better afford to. Do you agree with that?

Because it's his/her friend. Why should anyone who isn't this person's friend pay for any of the medical expenses, especially if they aren't "very wealthy"?

I agree. I dont feel like I should have to pay shit for people I don't know unless I want to do it out of the goodness of my heart. Some filthy rich person having the nerve to ask strangers to financially help their friend is certainly not something I'd want to donate to out of the kindness of my heart.
" I dont feel like I should have to pay shit for people I don't know unless I want to do it out of the goodness of my heart." That's what I'm saying!
(03-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I didn't contribute a dime and I don't intend to.

Kylie doesn't have to ask for people to chip in to help her friend, she could pay the bill "whatever it is, as it would just be pocket chump change to her!

Kylie Jenner
Television personality

Kylie Kristen Jenner is an American media personality, socialite, model, and businesswoman. She has starred in the E! reality television series.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-21-2021, 02:41 PM)Duchess Wrote: " I dont feel like I should have to pay shit for people I don't know unless I want to do it out of the goodness of my heart." That's what I'm saying!

So don't you think Kylie Jenner should do it out of the kindness of her heart since she has the money and it's her fucking friend? If you had her money, would you have the nerve to be asking strangers on gofundme to help your friend out?
No, I'd let my friend suffer, you fricken ding dong. Of course I would help a friend and I wouldn't go public with it either. 

You're like a goddamn lunatic ping pong. First with the hand on the hip and the neck like a viper saying no one gets to tell you how to spend your money and then, just like the fuckin' exorcist, your head spins and now it's all about helping the friend. Stop being a flake.
You seem to be missing the point somehow. The fact that a filthy rich person expecting strangers to financially help out their friend is annoying to people and rightfully so. I do not blame anyone for telling Kylie Jenner to go fuck herself. She should be helping out her friend herself, not because she has to, but because it's her friend and she has the money to do so without begging strangers for money on gofundme trying to tug at their heartstrings. Gofundme is for people that can't afford whatever their heartship happens to be, not for filthy rich people and their friends..

You're weathy friend is a fucking moron
hah Well, this is nice. Someone calling another person a moron while being moronic. 

Read the post, moron.  hah
To clarify, I'll give you an example of what I meant. I do not feel that I should have to pay for other people's college loans with my taxes for example, but if if I had a friend that needed money for whatever reason and I had more than enough then I wouldn't be begging strangers on the internet for help. Understand now?
(03-21-2021, 05:08 PM)sally Wrote: You seem to be missing the point somehow. The fact that a filthy rich person expecting strangers to financially help out their friend is annoying to people and rightfully so. I do not blame anyone for telling Kylie Jenner to go fuck herself. She should be helping out her friend herself, not because she has to, but because it's her friend and she has the money to do so without begging strangers for money on gofundme trying to tug at their heartstrings. Gofundme is for people that can't afford whatever their heartship happens to be, not for filthy rich people and their friends..

OMG! How many times, or how many ways, can I say that I agree with that! Holy fuckity fuck I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
I know, but in this case the rich person being expected to pay is the friend of the person she's asking other people to pay for, other people as in complete strangers. Of course she should be expected to pay in that case.