Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope you don't have to drive far . . .
. . . . As the New Secretary of Transportation wants to "TAX" drivers "BY THE MILE"

to help pay for the Infrastructure!

Luckily for me, on average I only drive around 60 to 80 miles a week!
Everything is close by!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I doubt this will see the light of day, but if it does, I don't have a problem with paying $5-6 a year to help pay for my state's infrastructure.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The thing about taxes is they always get bigger and never go away.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-09-2021, 10:30 AM)Duchess Wrote: I doubt this will see the light of day, but if it does, I don't have a problem with paying $5-6 a year to help pay for my state's infrastructure.

Where did you get your tax $$ info from?

My NE state added a modest 1.3% "income tax" (on top of taxing everything else possible) that was only to be for a short while to get the stated in the Red, then it went up to 2.3%, then went up to 4%, now over "25" years later, it's goes up to "6.99"%! 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Last year the House passed a tax bill that would have created a federal pilot program to test a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) tax. Under the legislation The Treasury Department would impose a fee equal to the total amount collected in gas taxes divided by the miles driven by passenger vehicles. The figure works out to about nine-tenths of a cent per mile using the data from 2019.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
hah  ............OK.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.