Wood
Man that stuff ain't cheap! a 2x4 that was 0nce 3.00 is now 8.00. I have a chance to buy 20 8x6x72" sq pcs. for 200.00 pressure treated, I would use it to trim my driveway to get it ready for paving. Prep is everything but getting the chance on the wood for something I wont do till the fall is enticing. I will give it another day of thought, maybe 2.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's starting to look like hyperinflation, and we're not even 6 months into Biden's 1st term.  Smiley_emoticons_slash
Hair lip!
The price of wood started going up in 2017 and has risen steadily since then.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-28-2021, 04:01 AM)Duchess Wrote: The price of wood started going up in 2017 and has risen steadily since then.

Lumber on the Nasdaq was roughly $300 when Trump took office. It was $700 when he left office. It closed yesterday at $1286. If this trend continues throughout Biden's term the price wll be in the vicinity of $14,000 when it ends, which would fit the definition of hyperinflation.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/commodities/lbs
So? So what? All I said was that price has been on a steady rise since 2017.
(04-28-2021, 06:38 AM)Duchess Wrote: So? So what? All I said was that price has been on a steady rise since 2017.

It isn't an accurate statement, is so what. In mid 2018 the price dropped sharply, hitting 296 in March of 2020, from which point it did increase steadily until Trump left office, so significant fluctuation with a gradual long-term increase, whereas with Biden we are seeing a steady, exponential increase for 3 straight months, with one small dip.
Nitwit. I work for a developer. She builds things. With wood. I handle the invoices.  78

Find someone else to argue with about this.
If you look at the 5 year graph, you'll see how much damage you've done to your mental faculties with your excessive dope smoking and masturbation. I'm worried about you, Doochy.  Signs_173

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/commodities/lbs
(04-28-2021, 04:01 AM)Duchess Wrote: The price of wood started going up in 2017 and has risen steadily since then.

Not like this year tho.  A month ago,  we were in home depot,  pricing out lumber to replace one of my raised beds.   We priced it out again today,  and it was triple the price.   Meh,  pallets are free.