Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X minus one
On Sundays sometimes I catch a radio station that plays old radio programs. X minus one was a science fiction show that ran around the 1940's. This one I am listening to was about a guy that sold his breeding certificate to another guy so he could go to a planet and start raising vegetables. He was the only one on the planet and he called it "New Tahiti" because it was a water planet with a mild temperature and was filled with islands. 

A few years into his adventure he was getting bored and he saw a space ship landing. He ran out to it and they decided that they would have to use him as a lesson to all the other islanders that they would not be fooling around so they started shooting at him. The Daughter of the captain was pretty and was yelling at her father to stop shooting, the guy got away and ran into the woods. Later that evening he was in the bushes listening to them talking by a fire. That's as far as it got until an old commercial came on, and this is where it gets interesting.

Back then people were getting polio shots and it took 3 shots to be fully vaccinated. Quite a few people didn't trust the vaccination and only 46 million had gotten it out of 160 million. They were pleading with people to get the shot and it reminded me of what's going on today.

That's the point I was getting too, it happened many years ago as it's happening today. History will always repeat itself........always.

He was the only one on the planet. The show is on now and it's more interesting than what passes as entertainment today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Did he get the armours daughter?
History repeats because most people don't learn from it. We're just about due for another fake alien invasion, and most people will fall for it because they don't know it's already been done, so the world will unite under the auspices of the UN to defeat evil, diabolical aliens -- except there won't be any. Just high tech smoke and mirrors, like 9/11.

Laugh now, Maggot, but I don't think you'll be laughing come winter. But if it turns out you were right, I'll cheerfully donate $100 to the charity of your choice.
Polio is different from this, however. It affected children and more than likely left them with irreversible paralysis. Covid so far hasn't even affected children as much as the flu.
(05-02-2021, 11:01 PM)sally Wrote: Polio is different from this, however. It affected children and more than likely left them with irreversible paralysis. Covid so far hasn't even affected children as much as the flu.

That was DDT, Sal. Not a virus, and not contagious.

They've pumped so much shit into the atmosphere that photosynthesis is breaking down, meaning trees can't produce much oxygen, and plankton are well on their way to becoming extinct. Those are our two sources of oxygen, so what's our plan B?  hah
(05-02-2021, 09:48 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did he get the armours daughter?

Yes, they both stayed on the planet and waved to the people in the spaceship as they sped off into the sky,
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
hah  history always,  and I mean ALWAYS  repeats itself.   I know that you have heard of the stages of civilization.  Just remember,  you were alive during Jerry Garcia's lifetime,  and you'll be alright   Blowing-kisses