No school tomorrow it will be 94 deg
WTF kind of bullshit is that?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If the schools do not have A/C, Studies have shown not only do hot classrooms hurt student health, but also learning suffers. This new study also explores just how harmful hot classrooms are to minority students living in warm climates. The study, from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government showed the scores with Hot temperature and low test scores.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

They have been doing remote the entire year, its not like anything has changed. They are just looking for a day off.
Just get the school some box fans. I have 2 and they keep me cool enough even in 90 degree weather. Saves me hundreds of dollars on electricity. Plus I was riding around in car with the A/C this weekend and found it too chilly most the time.
So all the kids are at home doing school remotely and there's no school because it's 94 degrees? Do I understand that correctly?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yeah I was confused too-are they home or in a school building?!

Some go to school but over 80% are still on remote to finish the year. Thats what I mean, why take a day off. It's freaking stupid.
Would they send them to school if there was no heat?
bottom line is administrators are super stupid.
(06-06-2021, 05:19 PM)Carsman Wrote: If the schools do not have A/C, Studies have shown not only do hot classrooms hurt student health, but also learning suffers. This new study also explores just how harmful hot classrooms are to minority students living in warm climates. The study, from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government showed the scores with Hot temperature and low test scores.

I am in agreement with this. Probably the 20% that are in the classroom do not have good access to a computer at home then, or thier family has to work or can't make the school at home situation work. 
But 80% are at home-so fuck it-keep school open and who cares about the 20% right?

(06-07-2021, 01:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: bottom line is administrators are super stupid.

Mebbe they're just showing some empathy? Not sure about your district,  but my district is still making the kids wear masks in school and on the playground.    Imagine being forced to wear a mask in a room with 20 other kids,   no AC, and no fans, on a 95 degree day.
Pussies! When I went to school I had to walk uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow and 98 degree weather at the same time!

Oh wait, that was my parents.

Nevermind.

(06-08-2021, 02:05 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 01:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: bottom line is administrators are super stupid.

Mebbe they're just showing some empathy? Not sure about your district,  but my district is still making the kids wear masks in school and on the playground.    Imagine being forced to wear a mask in a room with 20 other kids,   no AC, and no fans, on a 95 degree day.

I agree.

You hillbillies, every kid in school got a laptop to work at home with. Parents were given a choice for them to go back to school or stay home each kid could have stayed home and worked. Instead of doing that they canceled the entire day. 

Stop trying to make excuses for idiotic decisions you monkeys!

I say that with as much kindness a gay black transvestite from another country that came to the U'S' under the fence would.  Blowing-kisses
(06-08-2021, 02:35 PM)MirahM Wrote: Pussies! When I went to school I had to walk uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow and 98 degree weather at the same time!

Oh wait, that was my parents.

Nevermind.

hah hah hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-08-2021, 02:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: You hillbillies, every kid in school got a laptop to work at home with. Parents were given a choice for them to go back to school or stay home each kid could have stayed home and worked. Instead of doing that they canceled the entire day. 

Stop trying to make excuses for idiotic decisions you monkeys!

I say that with as much kindness a gay black transvestite from another country that came to the U'S' under the fence would.  Blowing-kisses

hah hah hah
Oh shit balls. I should have finished reading the thread first! 
Well it was funny.

Heh
I fucking love mobster shows. I don't know why.