Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabby Petito & Other Missing Persons
Missing. Recent remains found may be hers.

She and a guy took off on a road trip in a van and started making a blog about van life. They were engaged at  one point, but broke the engagement just before the trip and remained friends.

At some point during the road trip they had a fight where the cops were called. No charges filed. Gabby had slapped her travel partner Brian Laundrie, but no charges were pressed.

AND THEN Brian shows up at home with his family where the 2 had lived prior, but w/out Gabby. AND THEN it becomes evident that Gabby is misisng. But Brian won't talk.

He returned with the van that they were living in. And he is hiding out.

And now news sources are saying remains have been found, but they haven't confirmed they are Gabby's. WHY EVEN REPORT THAT THEN??
Gabby's instagram has just blown up with details about the investigation-I wonder who is posting on her account. A lot of posts have just been added in the last hour.

https://www.instagram.com/gabby.petito/

https://www.instagram.com/bizarre_design_/
(09-19-2021, 10:48 PM)MirahM Wrote:  WHY EVEN REPORT THAT THEN??

sensationalism is how the media today makes the most money; it is no longer about truth, it is all about clicks.
This poor girl, when I watched the footage of her she was blaming herself. Now she is dead. I've been in relationships where you think you are the one at fault, but you are being manipulated and undermined. I was in my 20s too. Thank God I made it out.
Yes, I am glad you made it out.

It has been confirmed that it was her.

Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to lead someone out by posting information. But I agree Pappy there is very little truth in reporting.
The coroner has confirmed that the body is Gabby's and he has ruled the manner of her death a homicide. The cause of death is pending final autopsy results.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This video is so sad. : (

Also I can't ever imagine being an officer in these sort of situations where they visit someone's house or pull someone over and then they turn up dead, or in those instances where they pull people over like the green river killer.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, Love Child! I didn't mean to jump on top of you.   50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No worries, I had posted while watching the video-I haen't even finished it yet and then I edited my post, I didn't see your post until now.

(09-19-2021, 10:51 PM)MirahM Wrote: Gabby's instagram has just blown up with details about the investigation-I wonder who is posting on her account. A lot of posts have just been added in the last hour.

https://www.instagram.com/gabby.petito/

https://www.instagram.com/bizarre_design_/

Ope, this is her actual account

https://www.instagram.com/gabspetito/

I had it up the other day, but then lost it. At one point people were saying that some of the posts didn't seem to be Gabby's at all, that Brian may have been posting on her account and that he may have even sent her mom a text from her phone.
I see some people are calling Summer Wells and Gabby "white woman missing syndrome". That kind of language is not helpful and wont combat racism. In fact, it will create negative hostile backlash that will tolerate a level of racism.

Summer Wells is a child that has been according to witnesses thus far, has been sexually violated, which is paedophilia and possibly human trafficked too. Gabby was in a domestic violence situation. It wasn't just missing. I can't believe these issues that are prevalent to women across race, class, socioeconomic status would be used as a platform to be so divisive.
Will that guy get eaten by an Alligator?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-21-2021, 08:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: Will that guy get eaten by an Alligator?

His parents are as rotten as he is, so they all need to get eaten.
Such a sad story, how in hell did he think he could get away with it? What in the actual fuck, people are going cuckoo right now.
He is a monster. The alligators better watch out!
(09-21-2021, 08:51 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I see some people are calling Summer Wells and Gabby "white woman missing syndrome". That kind of language is not helpful and wont combat racism. In fact, it will create negative hostile backlash that will tolerate a level of racism.

Summer Wells is a child that has been according to witnesses thus far, has been sexually violated, which is paedophilia and possibly human trafficked too. Gabby was in a domestic violence situation. It wasn't just missing. I can't believe these issues that are prevalent to women across race, class, socioeconomic status would be used as a platform to be so divisive.

Lauren Cho has been missing since this summer and some are upset that it didn't get as much coverage as Gabby's case did. And there are missing Native American women which doesn't get the coverage either. Except I feel like I have heard a lot about those cases, but maybe people feel not as much is done to look for someone if they aren't white or if they are male.

I think Gabby's case was easy to have out in the open since she was blogging almsot daily and since they got pulled over, and since they had a suspect and they might have knew of his whearabouts, until he disappeared-

I was trying to copy/paste what Lauren Cho's family was saying about the 2 cases-that they basically said they are different-anyway it wouldn't let me copy/paste

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/202...809171001/
The story thickens.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
MirahM, she may have gotten more coverage than Lauren, but she has also gotten more coverage than many other women. She has received international coverage. I think a component of this is the unusual nature of her being pulled over by police and the police bodycam capturing what looks to be something substantial. It truly is one of those amazing cases where she is eventually found deceased.

Truly honestly, I think the racism problem that we witness over here that happens in America, is also stoked by the likes of Fox News and right wing outlets like that. They are not helpful to lifting the narrative, in fact, incite hatred.

We have the same family who own news outlets here stirring up the same mob violence here in Victoria, Australia. I don't think Crash would disagree with me there.
(09-22-2021, 09:45 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: MirahM, she may have gotten more coverage than Lauren, but she has also gotten more coverage than many other women. She has received international coverage. I think a component of this is the unusual nature of her being pulled over by police and the police bodycam capturing what looks to be something substantial. It truly is one of those amazing cases where she is eventually found deceased.

Truly honestly, I think the racism problem that we witness over here that happens in America, is also stoked by the likes of Fox News and right wing outlets like that. They are not helpful to lifting the narrative, in fact, incite hatred.

We have the same family who own news outlets here stirring up the same mob violence here in Victoria, Australia. I don't think Crash would disagree with me there.

The problem isn't just with right-wing media. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc., tell us racism is everywhere, whereas FOX and some others claim there is no racism today. All of these entities are best described as propaganda outlets that feed off of each other so as to maintain/increase the polarization.