Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone remember the Carter years?
a prediction:
1-gas will skyrocket along with oil and gas
2-terrorists will be emboldened and start attacking Americans abroad looking for ransom
3-people will not invest in buildings, new houses etc with prices skyrocketing they will wait

Just a prediction more to come.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
And the very worse thing that may happen.........................Disco will comeback.
Disco was awesome.
God, what horrid times. The only time in my life I was ever unemployed; you couldn't beg borrow or steal a job. That idiot peanut farmer was a moron, and his brother Billie was the hero because he had all his teeth.
Carter, Biden, cut from the same cloth! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(10-21-2021, 09:54 AM)pyropappy Wrote: God, what horrid times. The only time in my life I was ever unemployed; you couldn't beg borrow or steal a job. That idiot peanut farmer was a moron, and his brother Billie was the hero because he had all his teeth.

Carter was far better than most of the other presidents over the last 100 years. The economy was mostly fucked as a result of the Vietnam war, which led to the collapse of the Bretton Woods agreement. We can thank LBJ and Nixon/Kissinger for that. We later came to find out that the Reagan admin had secret dealings with the Iranian government, showing very clearly that Ronnie was a phony, Hollywood cowboy that had no principles to speak of. If you look at the people he surrounded himself with, every single one of them was a scoundrel, with the exception of David Stockman, who was brought on to give the impression that Reagan was a libertarian, which he wasn't. He gave the military-industrial complex everything it wanted, and then some, and Stockman got the boot because he wasn't willing to pretend that it was militarily necessary. Ronnie also raised the social security tax rate, marking him indelibly as a tax-and-spend Republican that was totally in the service of vested interests. George Bush was the cherry on that sundae, who laid the foundation for the globalists who would go on to dismantle America's industrial capacity and bury it in an Everest-sized mountain of debt.
I remember the gas lines, the rationing of gas.
I also remember the food lines and the empty store shelves.
I also remember the employment lines that went around the corner. I worked at the unemployment office as a runner in 76. 
People were scared and it was starting to affect their daily lives. 
Strange days indeed.
In 79-80 I ended up on a fly shit island called Diego Garcia. Fun times. The Indian ocean was a strange place to be.
I remember that, but I also remember the crippling stagflation that manifested during Ford's tenure. All of it, IMO, was the result of Nixon abandoning what was left of the gold standard, which can't be overstated given how significant the dollar was in the post-WWII global economy. The result was economic uncertainty across the board, including the pricing of oil. Our Middle East policy of supporting Israel and puppets like the Shah and the Saudi "royals" also contributed to the turmoil.

What we're seeing today, however, is something entirely different. It's a new game with all new rules, and the only way I see good winning out is if we can put the partisan politics aside and pull together.
Damn. You all are old. 1979, I was 6 years old and had no interest in news and politics.
OMG Kick me out of the forum! I"m about to post a non-politcal post in the politics forum!

(10-21-2021, 09:20 AM)Maggot Wrote: a prediction:
2-terrorists will be emboldened and start attacking Americans abroad looking for ransom
3-people will not invest in buildings, new houses etc with prices skyrocketing they will wait

This is the last goddamn thing I'm worried about for our country right now.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-22-2021, 12:49 AM)MirahM Wrote: OMG Kick me out of the forum! I"m about to post a non-politcal post in the politics forum!

What happened to Lynda Carter? Solved. She is still acting. Played an alien President on Supergirl recently.
(10-22-2021, 06:41 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 12:49 AM)MirahM Wrote: OMG Kick me out of the forum! I"m about to post a non-politcal post in the politics forum!

What happened to Lynda Carter? Solved. She is still acting. Played an alien President on Supergirl recently.

Lynda Carter  109 109 109 Bobbi Jo and the Outlaw a stupid movie but Lynda gets naked! Those puppies are real. 
Good Lord she has the golden Ta-Ta's!!..................................Those are the biggest squirrels I have ever seen.
(10-22-2021, 04:29 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Exactly. People are starting to purchase electric cars. There are quite a lot of Teslas in this area. I was so suprised when I would drive to Seattle and back how many were traveling over the mountain passes.

At the end of 2020 there were just over 1.3 billion electric cars on the road in the U.S. Stats for WA state over 50,000. CA has over 75,000.
Texas has just a little more than Washington even!
Hopefully the Democrats don't destroy everything before the mid-terms stop them. But they may rev up things just out of spite. Like petulant children in a store.
(10-22-2021, 02:48 PM)MirahM Wrote: This is the last goddamn thing I'm worried about for our country right now.

Exactly. People are starting to purchase electric cars. There are quite a lot of Teslas in this area. I was so suprised when I would drive to Seattle and back how many were traveling over the mountain passes.

At the end of 2020 there were just over 1.3 billion electric cars on the road in the U.S. Stats for WA state over 50,000. CA has over 75,000.

Philadelphia paid one million dollars each for a fleet of buses that couldn't make it up hills, the batteries couldn't handle that or the heating and cooling on the bus. Many just stopped working and people ended up walking. Electric cars should not be fully electric and should be hybrid at least until it's figured out how to charge them and how to make them more reliable without burning up when charging in peoples garages.

I would worry more about blackouts and power surges, at least gas vehicles are dependable to a certain degree more than purely electric vehicles. When power plants get shut down for the social justice warriors out there they don't even think of where the electricity will come from.
(10-22-2021, 02:48 PM)MirahM Wrote:

wow 1.3 billion in a country with 350 million people. every one here owns 4 cars?
(10-23-2021, 12:00 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 02:48 PM)MirahM Wrote: This is the last goddamn thing I'm worried about for our country right now.

Philadelphia paid one million dollars each for a fleet of buses that couldn't make it up hills, the batteries couldn't handle that or the heating and cooling on the bus. Many just stopped working and people ended up walking. Electric cars should not be fully electric and should be hybrid at least until it's figured out how to charge them and how to make them more reliable without burning up when charging in peoples garages.

I would worry more about blackouts and power surges, at least gas vehicles are dependable to a certain degree more than purely electric vehicles. When power plants get shut down for the social justice warriors out there they don't even think of where the electricity will come from.

Good points, Mag, but I would also add that we might want to upgrade our antiquated power grid before investing gazillions into things that will depend on it, including shielding to protect it from EMP attacks.

What are you worried about then?