I'm sorry
I'm sorry for my pious, pretentious, petulant posting. My life is no where near perfection!

Disclaimer:
This is a funny post by the way. So please don't take me seriously. Or do, Do whatever you want. I don't care.
I am trying to pack-mostly done and clean so the cat sitter isn't morified and do whatever to get organized and everything is a big gigantic mess and I just wanted you all to know.
Going somewhere?
Sorry you're sorry!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-01-2021, 11:06 PM)rothschild Wrote: Going somewhere?

Yes, its the time of year I can finally take off and go see family.
(11-01-2021, 11:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: Sorry you're sorry!

Then I won't be sorry any more!
(11-02-2021, 11:38 AM)MirahM Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 11:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: Sorry you're sorry!

Then I won't be sorry any more!

Ooohhhh you'll be doing fun things & taking pix! Post those puppies up when you can! Thanks!

Have fun, be safe. I won't tell you to be good, good is boring.  Awink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well I pretty much behave nowadays. But its okay. We saw about 40 big horn sheep on the way over so far. No pic tho.

Sorry!!!(insert laughing emoji)

My family is special
soooooo special
wow
this is why I live on the other side of the state and only visit occasionaly.
(11-02-2021, 12:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ooohhhh you'll be doing fun things & taking pix! Post those puppies up when you can! Thanks!

Have fun, be safe. I won't tell you to be good, good is boring.  Awink

That is so wierd, when you said "Puppies" I wondered how you knew I was staying with my sister who happens to be pet sitting, but its an older dog not a puppy. But you were referring to just regular old pics!

My phone keeps getting full and I have to delete stuff to take more pics, it is annoying. Like today I missed taking a pic of a herd of big horn sheep.
Darn.
I think I am stuck over here.
I have been monitoring the pass reports and it changed from rain to snow and already has snow on it. I am driving a new to me vehicle back which only has traction and AWD.
I may just park it and take the shuttle back-I seriously do not want to deal with all of the idiots on the road and a newer vehicle that I"m not used to yet.
OR I go get a set of chains and or snow tires. I wonder if the snow tires will make a difference.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
MirahMI think I am stuck over here.
I have been monitoring the pass reports and it changed from rain to snow and already has snow on it. I am driving a new to me vehicle back which only has traction and AWD.
I may just park it and take the shuttle back-I seriously do not want to deal with all of the idiots on the road and a newer vehicle that I"m not used to yet.
OR I go get a set of chains and or snow tires. I wonder if the snow tires will make a difference.

Yes they will, "IF" you get "STUDDED SNOW TIRES"! They are almost as good as
chains! And studded snows stay on the car until end of winter, you don't have to put on and then take off the chains when no snow/ice on roads. I had studded snow tires on my front wheel drive cars for years, and never got stuck in the winter, driving 50 miles a day! In Snow, Ice, Sleet.
Never missed a day of work due to slippery weather.

Yes t

Chains are a lot cheaper, so that's what I'd go with if you're dealing with ice. If your winters are brutal and you have money to burn, studded snow tires are a good option.
(11-03-2021, 02:58 AM)MirahM Wrote: My family is special
soooooo special
wow
this is why I live on the other side of the state and only visit occasionaly.

I grew up in a dysfunctional family so holidays were generally traumatic. I think families are the leading cause of alcoholism.
(11-06-2021, 02:58 PM)rothschild Wrote: Chains are a lot cheaper, so that's what I'd go with if you're dealing with ice. If your winters are brutal and you have money to burn, studded snow tires are a good option.

Studded Snow Tires last for years. (One set lasted 8 years) And chains actually screw up the cars suspension system, as well as the alignment. Along with a bumpy as hell ride.
Not to mention having to put the chains on in cold freezing icy, and or snowy weather conditions.

I use 4wd and use good tires never had to use studded tires but I can see the advantage over chains. Chains are a PITA to put on and take off and they tear up the roads and would only use them if I had the travel lots of dirt roads. You can hear a studded car or truck going down the road they sound like rice krispy's when they're spinning and I get a kick out of people still having them on in the Summer. They eat up your gas mileage by about 5 mpg. Chains are worse but would use them in the mountains.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-06-2021, 06:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: I use 4wd and use good tires never had to use studded tires but I can see the advantage over chains. Chains are a PITA to put on and take off and they tear up the roads and would only use them if I had the travel lots of dirt roads. You can hear a studded car or truck going down the road they sound like rice krispy's when they're spinning and I get a kick out of people still having them on in the Summer. They eat up your gas mileage by about 5 mpg. Chains are worse but would use them in the mountains.

Studded Snow Tires are needed on hilly mountainous roads areas, (Like mine are) the traction was as good as chains. Especially on FWD cars, and I used Studded Snow tires on the rears as well. (So the car's ass end didn't swing out when turning corners)
Regular Snow tires wont cut it on snowy/icy hills/mountainous roads.
(Been there done that!)

Hey, Mirah hop on ill give you a piggy back ride over.
Awesome. Thank you Big Mark!

And thank you everyone for the discussion on tire/chain/stud preferences.

I did end up getting studded tires and a set of chains to keep in the vehicle because I think it is required to travel over the mountain passes anyway.