Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do with your Pumpkins?
I like salted pumpkin seed so I usually soak the seeds in a salt brine overnight then put them on parchment paper and cook them for 30 min in a 350deg oven. I usually get a few bags that are good to eat later. I was just wondering if there was a more tasty brine to soak them in.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Slash them up (some say carve) with features, using a sharp knife! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I just pull them out of the pumpkin and get all of the stringy crap off of them. Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and sea salt. Bake at 450 until slightly browned. They come out all delicious, hot, and nutty. I have never in my 46 years heard of brining them, what the fuck are you doing?
Another thing you can do if you like some spice is sprinkle with Old Bay instead of salt.
My pumpkins are going to the wildlife.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yay!

I used to take pumpkins up to the chicken farm, they go crazy for them and anything with seeds really.

(11-04-2021, 12:28 PM)MirahM Wrote: Yay!

I buy them corn & apples too. It's a favorite thing to do and they will entertain me all winter. I love it when they come into my yard.
I hate pumpkins, so, I don't buy them.
I love pumpkin pie.
(11-04-2021, 07:01 PM)BigMark Wrote: I love pumpkin pie.

With cool Whip plus you can use the Cool Whip containers for Thanksgiving leftovers! Like carrots and corn.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Now I want some pie and egg nog.

I havent been doing sweets lately but those pumpkin seeds sound good. I go shopping in Spain and get these sea salted peanuts, they have 10 times more than is reasonable and the Salt is more intense.
We had our annual pumpkin mutilations last weekend.   We usually do it closer to Halloween,  but the grandbrats schedules didn't line up for us this year.  

I made the grandbrats take their pumpkins home,  because I don't feel like scraping rotten pumpkins off the porch this year.
My daughter found a picture of a pumpkin carved out to look like it’s giving birth. She wants to make one for Halloween, but my neighbors might think we’re weirdos. Plus you need a pumpkin for the head, a bigger pumpkin for the body, two small pumpkins for the boobs and another small pumpkin for the baby coming out. I don’t know if my pregnant pumpkin building skills are all that great.
Gourd doh! was my stage name!
(10-19-2023, 09:52 AM)sally Wrote: My daughter found a picture of a pumpkin carved out to look like it’s giving birth. She wants to make one for Halloween, but my neighbors might think we’re weirdos. Plus you need a pumpkin for the head, a bigger pumpkin  for the body, two small pumpkins for the boobs and another small pumpkin for the baby coming out. I don’t know if my pregnant pumpkin building skills are all that great.

I'm pretty sure your neighbors already think your weirdos. You may proceed with the unholy pumpkin birth.
(10-19-2023, 09:52 AM)sally Wrote: My daughter found a picture of a pumpkin carved out to look like it’s giving birth. She wants to make one for Halloween, but my neighbors might think we’re weirdos. Plus you need a pumpkin for the head, a bigger pumpkin  for the body, two small pumpkins for the boobs and another small pumpkin for the baby coming out. I don’t know if my pregnant pumpkin building skills are all that great.

I googled what that would look like, it's very clever and looks fun, certainly waaaay better than your basic jack-o-lantern.
Well what about all the little kids that don’t know where babies come from yet and ask their parents why the pumpkin has another pumpkin coming out of its pee pee?
(10-19-2023, 04:41 PM)sally Wrote: Well what about all the little kids that don’t know where babies come from yet 

They aren't going to give a shit, they only want your full size candy bars.
Have full size candy bars coming out the other side.