Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Christmas?
I like Christmas. It has a story and ends with the perfect ending. The basic story is the greatest story ever told though. Some scrawny little nose weeping dweeb, born in the worst situation. Then at 33 yrs old is put to death only because of his love for man and changes the entire course of history by teaching love. 
Now some idiots have perverted that message and bent it to their will but the basic idea is brilliant. This is Christmas.

Not the perverted version today. I celebrate the birth of an enlightened individual. A man that ended up dying for his beliefs, changing history. Even from the depths of poverty.

I do like Christmas. Every so often not every year but on Christmas eve around midnight I go out on the front porch and it's snowing and it's quiet. Really quiet. The snow kinda muffles sound. That reminds me of the song "silent night" 

It's deathly quiet that late. Kinda neat though.......................Then I fart.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
For what it's worth, I just farted in your general direction. Blowing-kisses
Please the original

feedback 
with
original feedback light speed impulses Dr. Mensa.
I dont know, I've always kind of liked celebrating Christmas for its pagan roots. The trees, the lights, the festivities, the cold weather... none of which has anything to do with Jesus Christ. Then comes St. Nick, frosty the snowman, Rudolph and other characters who have nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It's just a feel good, peaceful feeling no matter how you look at it.
(12-04-2021, 09:26 PM)sally Wrote: I dont know, I've always kind of liked celebrating Christmas for its pagan roots. The trees, the lights, the festivities, the cold weather... none of which has anything to do with Jesus Christ. Then comes St. Nick, frosty the snowman, Rudolph and other characters who have nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It's just a feel good, peaceful feeling no matter how you look at it.

Until the relatives show up. hah
(12-04-2021, 09:33 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 09:26 PM)sally Wrote: I dont know, I've always kind of liked celebrating Christmas for its pagan roots. The trees, the lights, the festivities, the cold weather... none of which has anything to do with Jesus Christ. Then comes St. Nick, frosty the snowman, Rudolph and other characters who have nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It's just a feel good, peaceful feeling no matter how you look at it.

Until the relatives show up.  hah

And the gift giving frenzy bills roll in! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

You can just shove those up your ass Papa!
Don't you have some FARTing to do, do it in the corner! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Here's a great gift giving idea. All you need is a 2x6, a chop saw and a marker. 

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-12-02-at-7.23.27-PM.png...C600&ssl=1]

Don't forget about Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo.

https://youtu.be/h7Av0A8b_BM
(12-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like Christmas. It has a story and ends with the perfect ending. The basic story is the greatest story ever told though. Some scrawny little nose weeping dweeb, born in the worst situation. Then at 33 yrs old is put to death only because of his love for man and changes the entire course of history by teaching love. 
Now some idiots have perverted that message and bent it to their will but the basic idea is brilliant. This is Christmas.

Do you view yourself as a Christian?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-05-2021, 05:40 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like Christmas. It has a story and ends with the perfect ending. The basic story is the greatest story ever told though. Some scrawny little nose weeping dweeb, born in the worst situation. Then at 33 yrs old is put to death only because of his love for man and changes the entire course of history by teaching love. 

Do you view yourself as a Christian?

Sure why not, but I wont be going to Father Loves revival tent show anytime soon.
Yes, I always thought you were a Christian Maggs. I won't attend church, some can be a bit cult like. Some are after your money. I don't think you need a church, well some people do, but I don't to connect to God.
I enjoyed Christmas this year. Probably the first in a long time.

It was simple, we just had a meal and got together and no one asked me to do a prayer and I didn't feel the need to drag any of my family members to church, I didn't even go. I only made mention of listening to a service online but we were all just chatting and sharing stories so that was better anyway.
I enjoyed Christmas this year too, in spite of the stress and depression of not having my car. If anything I gained an appreciation for the people that ride buses regularly. Just glad I can enjoy New Year's Eve without worrying about my car.