Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you sew?
I ask because I had some pants and a couple shirts that had small tears and or things messed up with them, not enough to toss them but stupid things that could be fixed. I have a sewing machine that I had no clue about that when I took it out everything was still hooked up. Thank god because i would not know how to do it. Anyways I plugged it in and was able to fix a few things and after tying the end pieces together was satisfied with the results.

2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts fixed and ready to be worn again. Cannon ass would be better at this shit but because everything was still hooked up I was able to fix stuff. 

Does anyone fix clothing that's torn anymore?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Fun fact, I have 5 sewing machines but don't know how to.
I wish I could say my sewing skills are so so. But they are Oh God no. I did however sew a bookmark with lots of help from my mom when I was younger. She had just bought a fancy computerized sewing machine that could make alligator appliques and other stuff. I think I still have it somewhere.
Just had two pants hemmed, $22 she did a good job.
My daughter sews and she just got this high tech sewing machine for Christmas. I told her not to even bother me with that shit because I know nothing about it, you better go online for some tutorials to figure it out. She did and she's a sewing fool. She likes to make stuffed animals and embroidered pillows and she actually makes them good.
The reason clothes go inside out in the dryer is because they naturally go back to their original state when they got put together.
Dryers are hell on clothes, that's not to say I don't use a dryer, I do, but I don't put any of my sweaters, tops or other nice garments in there.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-15-2022, 08:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: I ask because I had some pants and a couple shirts that had small tears and or things messed up with them, not enough to toss them but stupid things that could be fixed. I have a sewing machine that I had no clue about that when I took it out everything was still hooked up. Thank god because i would not know how to do it. Anyways I plugged it in and was able to fix a few things and after tying the end pieces together was satisfied with the results.

2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts fixed and ready to be worn again. Cannon ass would be better at this shit but because everything was still hooked up I was able to fix stuff. 

Does anyone fix clothing that's torn anymore?

That is awesome Maggot.
My mom sews beautiful quilts and sewed us clothes growing up. Sometimes I hated them because kids are cruel and they didn't have name brands on them, other times I loved them because no one else had an outfit like it.

I have a sewing machine. I got it out to make masks. But I haven't used it otherwise.

I have a bunch of quilt starts that I am sure I will get out and finish when my mom dies. She has a huge sewing room with lots of fabrics and a huge quilter. She teaches people and they all get together and quilt. : )

When I lived in the mountains some people would be running around with clothes they fixed and I always loved them and wished I would do more things like that.
Ooohhhh you're lucky your mom sews quilts! You have at least one, right? I've seen some that the Amish women have made and they are gorgeous and unaffordable to me, maybe that's the wrong word to use, I'm not going to spend a grand on a pretty quilt. They might not seem so expensive if I viewed them as art, which they certainly are.
No, I don't sew. I don't think I even have a needle & thread.
I have 2. : )
(01-17-2022, 01:11 PM)MirahM Wrote: I have 2. : )

I always think that all quilts are made with love given the amount of time that is invested in them.
I rock my quilted vest.
I wipe my ass with quilted toilet paper.
[Image: 4l7n2tr.gif]
Bass Ass Grin
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-17-2022, 07:34 PM)Duchess Wrote: [Image: 4l7n2tr.gif]

Sorry. I thought I was being Charmin.  hah
I have a really heavy quilt made in the 50's it's colorful and will keep you warm. It's huge.
So.....
Staying at my moms place. She sews every day. I take out a sewing project I started like 5 years ago and decide I'm going to finish it. I am sucking soo bad at it. Sooo sooo bad. I am embarresed to show my mom! LOL.

That's such a great skill to have. I know what I like & I know what looks good on me but I can't always find what I want in the stores. Sewing what I wanted would be a dream. 

I think building is an awesome skill too.