Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning the kitchen
Do you use:
1. Cloth-and then launder it
2. Sponge
3. Paper towels
4. Wipes

I hate wipes. They were all the craze during the pandemic. But I think they are useless. I can just use papertowels and disinfectent spray.
I prefer to use a towel or this small crocheted thing I have that I can just throw in the wash.
I use a dish cloth to wipe everything down with hot soapy water and then dry with paper towels or a dish towel and then launder them. I dont use disinfectant sprays, you are actually polluting the air in your home with that shit. I clean the bathrooms and floors with vinegar and water and use bleach occasionally if I see any mildew in the shower or if the toilet bowls start to look dingy or rust stained. I had a cleaning business for 10 years, I also did home staging. When someone was selling their home I would remove, hide or add things to make it look perfect.
Thats awesome. I've just been learning about home staging. Its a lot of work!
(03-11-2022, 02:06 AM)MirahM Wrote: Thats awesome. I've just been learning about home staging. Its a lot of work!

It's fun. To me anyway. If I could trade my life in I would be a professional home stager like that lady on HGTV. Oh well, in another life time. I staged my house and a cat in the bed is not a bad thing when people look at the pictures. Whether they like cats or not they will see it as homey and cozy as long as the cat and the bed they're laying on looks beautiful. People can envision the room as their own as long as the the space is not too cluttered. A cozy warm bed and a cat and piece of art on the wall for bedrooms works.
(03-10-2022, 11:59 PM)MirahM Wrote: Do you use:
2. Sponge
3. Paper towels
4. Wipes

I hate wipes. They were all the craze during the pandemic. But I think they are useless. I can just use papertowels and disinfectent spray.
I prefer to use a towel or this small crocheted thing I have that I can just throw in the wash.
Paper Towels and Multi purpose cleaning spray for the whole apartment.
You may as well toss catnip into a room full of cats
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-10-2022, 11:59 PM)MirahM Wrote: Do you use:
2. Sponge
3. Paper towels
4. Wipes

I use a dishcloth a couple days at a time & I use a sponge as well that gets thrown in the laundry along with the dishcloth. Regrettably, I use a shit ton of paper towels, I buy them by the bale. I've tried to get out of that bad habit, but I haven't been successful. I feel the same way about wipes as you do and I no longer buy them, I view them as a waste of money.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Damn Sally, did the men try to get busy wit u?
(03-11-2022, 11:03 PM)BigMark Wrote: Damn Sally, did the men try to get busy wit u?

Once and he was a total creeper. It would have at least helped if he was attractive. I dont know what his wife saw in him. He kept flirting with me and asking if I wanted to go in the pool with him and I just left and didn't go back again. After about a year I was able to get rid of all the crappy jobs and keep the good ones which were mostly rich ladies whose homes were already spotless.