Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiring people
Gone are the days of a simple hire. For the past few weeks people have been coming in, filling out paperwork for jobs we have. Friday a guy came in and he seemed like a decent person, has a family and willing to work right away. I had to send his application to the new owners of our company for approval. He was a good fit but after a few days was denied. I was pissed we need workers and he was willing to work for the pay I offered.

Spring forward to todays meeting with some girl that was handling the applications. I ask why it takes so long to do this and these people want a job today. She says that because of Covide and gas prices and the war in Ukraine.........bla bla bla. 

I stop her and say WTF does any of that have to do with hiring and why am I wasting my time interviewing these people. She says well thats how we do it today. I was pissed so I said why not just hire a temp and take them after 90 days and she says well you could do that. 

I said I think I will and walked out of the meeting. Later the General manager asked why I was such a jerk. I said did you listen to ANY of that stupid conversation!

I'm getting way to old for this stupidity.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
my yorkie Moose was my hiring manager. I had him with me during every job interview I conducted. I kept him in my breast pocket; my guys took to calling him Pocket Puppy. I realized that the folks I hired he didn't like were problems. If you interviewed and Moose didn't like you, you didn't get hired. He was never wrong.
"My yorkie Moose"   hah

"I kept him in my breast pocket"   hah

"pocket puppy"  hah

"if Moose didn't like you, you didn't get hired".  hah

I couldn't love this any more than I do. Pappy, that just might be the best thing you've ever posted.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Moose was ferocious; he ran my 100 lb. lab. He was king of the house, with the attitude to go with it. I truly miss him. I buried him in the yard where he used to like to lay in the shade. I had him 16 years.

Moose was his call sign. His registered name was Master Chief Matias O'Connor. Matias in Gaelic means "God's Gift".
I used to clean for this old couple and they had a poodle named Sonny who absolutely hated me, but according to them he was normally friendly with everyone else. I felt bad because I know the old saying "if my dog don't like you, I dont like you." He bit me in the leg for no reason and drew blood so I wasn't to fond of that little motherfucker either. Anyway, I think it was because I had four dogs at the time and he could smell them on me. Or maybe he really just didn't like me.
They got a new poodle after Sonny passed who loved me. I even told them that I'm really sorry that you lost your best friend and I know how terrible it is, but this new one is a breath of fresh air compared to that little monster. I had to fight him off with my feather duster every time I went there.
I never liked those little yappy dogs but my brother had a chiwawa/doberman cross that was cool. I don't even wanna know how that came about.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Moose didn't yap; the only t6ime he barked was when he heard something outside. He got a treat for alerting me.