Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Verses Animal
This shall be a thread for all stories of "Man verses animal" (man or woman of course)

In this case: A 25 year old woman had an unfortunate encounter with a bison when she got within 10 feet of it to snap a picture at Yellowstone National Park.

https://kenhdoisong247.com/bison-gores-w...PmntW1DFzQ

I don't know why anyone wants to go to that God forsaken place. If they're not boiling to death in geothermal pools, they're getting disemboweled by wild animals. I can't go for that.
you could cook the guts, win, win.
I'm not a nature person. I prefer to admire it from a distance, like on TV. I remember looking at Niagara falls and thinking "great, can we get the fuck out of here now and go into town for some beer and food".
(06-01-2022, 09:20 PM)MirahM Wrote: This shall be a thread for all stories of "Man verses animal" (man or woman of course)

In this case: A 25 year old woman had an unfortunate encounter with a bison when she got within 10 feet of it to snap a picture at Yellowstone National Park.

https://kenhdoisong247.com/bison-gores-w...PmntW1DFzQ

I heard about this. I have no compassion for those dumb enough to try and engage with a wild beast. WTF is wrong with people. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Shit. I just realized this thread is in the "Funny Shit" forum and I have a story about a woman who got attacked by a bear this morning in a nearby town. I don't have the details. I think they already put a bear down that was relocated once apparently. Ugh. I wonder what caused it to attack this lady-she was walking her dog and didn't even see it coming.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/woman-s...2W3UQ6DLM/

Well there you go, she had cubs. And now she's dead.

They later located, killed and removed an adult female black bear near the area where this incident took place, according to a statement posted to their website at 10:50 a.m.

Two approximately nine-month-old cubs were also captured in the area before being assessed and transported to a PAWS wildlife rehabilitation facility, according to WDFW officials.
Pretty shitty. I really wonder why this bear attacked this woman with no provocation, also glad she is okay, that would be terrifying.
Poor cubs.

Ugh. I don't like these kind of stories, the animal always ends up dead. I'm glad the woman wasn't killed.

I've never encountered a bear. The biggest wild thing I ever came across was a moose.
moose are WAY more dangerous.
(10-22-2022, 06:47 PM)MirahM Wrote: Pretty shitty. I really wonder why this bear attacked this woman with no provocation, also glad she is okay, that would be terrifying.
Poor cubs.

I'm guessing the woman walked too close to the family and mom was in protective mode. I wish they could have relocated the entire family, the bear probably wasn't normally aggressive. Black bears usually stay away from people unless they've been fed.
(10-22-2022, 07:18 PM)Duchess Wrote: Ugh. I don't like these kind of stories, the animal always ends up dead. I'm glad the woman wasn't killed.

I've never encountered a bear. The biggest wild thing I ever came across was a moose.

I almost stepped on a baby rattlesnake, that was probably the closest I've ever come to a dangerous animal besides talking with BigMark online.
You put the dang, in dangerous!
(10-22-2022, 07:32 PM)BigMark Wrote: moose are WAY more dangerous.

We startled each other. He grunted and ran and I did the same in the opposite direction.
Wow! Some close calls!

I got your close call.
I've encountered both bear and rattlesnake and I am more afraid of man!

And I learned about Moose in AK, way more dangerous. I think the thing I fear the most in the wilderness is a cougar!

(10-22-2022, 07:18 PM)Duchess Wrote: Ugh. I don't like these kind of stories, the animal always ends up dead. I'm glad the woman wasn't killed.

Biggest wild thing I encountered was a deer. He sure went flying when I accidentally hit him with my car while going 60.
You put the slaughter in laughter.
5 deer crossed on front of me on my last road trip. 5! And one was a cute little baby.