Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE ENUNCIATE!
Generally speaking, do you feel like you speak clearly and use proper grammar?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yes, I'm not mentally retarded. What the fuck kind of question is this?
(06-06-2022, 06:10 PM)sally Wrote:  What the fuck kind of question is this?

I had spent a little time listening to someone who didn't speak properly and it made me nuts. Not everyone speaks clearly, they don't enunciate. Goddamn how can you not form your words.
I do know some people from the deep south and some black people that you cannot understand what the hell they are saying. Same thing with some Cajun back country people from Louisiana. You're just thinking to yourself where the heck did these people go to school, did they even go to school. My mom had a black boyfriend after she divorced my dad and I couldn't understand a goddamn thing that nigger said.
I speak w/ people all day on the phone when I'm in the office. I love trying to figure out what people are saying. I had one today that was frustrating because they weren't using the phoenetic alphabet and I could not hear thier name at all. Ugh.

I don't generally have a problem with people understanding me, but I did as a kid and in school and that was frustrating.

(06-06-2022, 05:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Generally speaking, do you feel like you speak clearly and use proper grammar?

Speak clearly, yes. Use proper grammar.....Me fail English? That's unpossible!
Some black people are hard to understand ebonics is like gibberish, also deep southern accents get a little off too.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I wanted to say that. I see some who are multimillionaires and they don't care to speak proper English, but I would feel the same if it were a pauper doing it too.
There was a couple from the UK in the office the other day and there was a word I had to ask about. When I was in AK I recall some people that were from New Orleans and from Ireland. I loved listening to them talk.

Me, my son and the Professor are so tanned now we are speaking Spanish. The Professor has a shitload of Spanish ESL students now and has been doing classes on Spanish for 6 months. She;s pretty good and can easily converse now. But having the tan really completes the picture. I suck at Spanish but end up having to do it when she starts to bug me. I'm getting good at saying "Fuck off"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Aye papi!
(06-06-2022, 05:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Generally speaking, do you feel like you speak clearly and use proper grammar?

Not only proper grammar, spelling is important too. Six months ago, I couldn’t even spell engineer, 
now I are one!   hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Wow

I read lips more than I realize.

My ear is, how do you say-all plugged up from swimming, but I usually have to have them cleaned by a doctor, the drops don't always work. So I have been having trouble hearing and I read people's lips when they talk, but if they have a mask on I have no idea what they are saying unless they shout.

(07-23-2022, 09:54 PM)MirahM Wrote: Wow

I read lips more than I realize.

My ear is, how do you say-all plugged up from swimming, but I usually have to have them cleaned by a doctor, the drops don't always work. So I have been having trouble hearing and I read people's lips when they talk, but if they have a mask on I have no idea what they are saying unless they shout.

Back in January,  I caught some variation of the covid, and my ears were blocked up for like a month.    Couldn't hear a damn thing anyone was saying, to me,  everyone sounded like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons. 

It was so peaceful  hah
My ear was clogged for several days recently. So glad it ended. *knocks wood*