Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMPP on race
LMPP:

You seem to be aware of race, racists, and race issues.

What are the different races and what constitutes a race? Can you please list them - or at least, a bunch of them that show the full range of what you could consider a distinct race?

I want to see what you qualify as a race and what traits, cultural, physical, mental or not, go into it. Many of the definitions and explanations of what constitutes a "race" goes well past skin color, so I am curious as to what your position is. That way, I make my next point to you with some confidence that I will land on the same page as you, and can better communicate some thoughts on "truthful generalizing" that I may have.

Also, I think it will help clarify your position in my mind. Thanks in advance.
86 112
Truthful generalizing?

Jesus Christ.
Does that mean you won't explain how you define a race or what the races are? I want to see where you are coming from - you know, what set of traits you include, since you seem to think identifying and disliking a trait based on race is not cool. That way we are on common ground with some views I'd like to share.

86 112
All mocking aside LMPP, why not take a moment and educate the forum by answering? You can always go back to your typical humorless and trite blabber afterward.
Thanks!

I think we're sincerely wanting to know.::thumbs::
Yes, I think it's important that someone passionate about race issues enough to complain about them can at least explain what they mean by race so we can see what possible traits we are talking about that may be so wrong to identify and personally dislike.
86 112
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I think we're sincerely wanting to know.::thumbs::
As fuckin' nosy as you are that doesn't surprise me at all.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
How about if I define what I think is racist?

A white man that lives and has apparently always lived in Georgia that thinks because his skin is a certain color, he's obviously superiour to everyone else that isn't white, and that entitles him to make rude comments about everyone that doesn't fit into his narrow little life experience.

Or how about some white trash skank that lives in Detroit and hates and fears everyone else so much that she keeps a shotgun near the door so she can rack it to frighten the poor idiot that is harmlessly knocking on her door?

Or how about the admin that asks retarded questions about Japanese because he's sure I'm biased against someone and there's a good place to start because sushi is kind of yucky?
OnBendedKnee Wrote:You can always go back to your typical humorless and trite blabber
Pot, kettle. Keep on jerking though, Sinister might let you into her inner circle with Moose.
[user=29]Duchess[/user] wrote:
Quote:
OnBendedKnee Wrote: I think we're sincerely wanting to know.::thumbs::
Absolutely true.
I hope to keep learning right up to the point I breath my last breath.

I've even learned from you Duchess!
For example, I never knew there were unorthodox, whacky, alternative spellings to your (real) first name!
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=29]Duchess[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Absolutely true.

For example, I never knew there were unorthodox, whacky, alternative spellings to your (real) first name!
Not to be trite, but I hope it's soon.
[user=35]LittleMissPoopyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
OnBendedKnee Wrote: I think we're sincerely wanting to know.::thumbs::
Absolutely true.

R A C I S T!!
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=35]LittleMissPoopyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely true.

R A C I S T!!
I'm thinking more like "assholeist!"
Quote:Or how about some white trash skank that lives in Detroit and hates and fears everyone else so much that she keeps a shotgun near the door so she can rack it to frighten the poor idiot that is harmlessly knocking on her door?
explain further, if she keeps a shotgun by her door to frighten anyone, how does this make the white trash skank racist?

The only race in the sentence was the white trash skank, if she were a black skank would she be equally as racist because she does the same thing to anyone who comes to her door?
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I've even learned from you Duchess!
Listen up, Mockers...My name is Elisabeth, I was born the only daughter into a home filled with brothers, I was expected to be just another boy but, when I was born female my parents gave me a family name, there had been no girls born in many, many years & my parents were delighted to be able to carry on a tradition they thought was dead...I'm putting this out there 'cuz the pig cop won't just shut the fuck up about it, I could have ignored it, I choose not to...Fuck you, OBK...I don't like cops & you are no exception, all you have done is reinforced my dislike, no, my extreme hatred & disgust that cops can not be trusted...Eat shit & die, bitch.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
DPD Chick Wrote:
Quote:Or how about some white trash skank that lives in Detroit and hates and fears everyone else so much that she keeps a shotgun near the door so she can rack it to frighten the poor idiot that is harmlessly knocking on her door?
explain further, if she keeps a shotgun by her door to frighten anyone, how does this make the white trash skank racist?

The only race in the sentence was the white trash skank, if she were a black skank would she be equally as racist because she does the same thing to anyone who comes to her door?

Good point!

I think I mean that white trash skank keeps a shotgun near her door because she's afraid of the black people in her neighborhood that she thinks want to rob her.

It could be entirely unracist though... she might just be a paranoid schizophrenic that thinks the world's out to get her. It's hard to differerentiate between mental illnesses when you're a layman.
I think that would classify you as a cop-ist then if you choose to hate the police simply because they are the police Smiley_emoticons_wink
Duchess Wrote:
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I've even learned from you Duchess!
Listen up, Mockers...My name is Elisabeth, I was born the only daughter into a home filled with brothers, I was expected to be just another boy but, when I was born female my parents gave me a family name, there had been no girls born in many, many years & my parents were delighted to be able to carry on a tradition they thought was dead...I'm putting this out there 'cuz the pig cop won't just shut the fuck up about it, I could have ignored it, I choose not to...Fuck you, OBK...I don't like cops & you are no exception, all you have done is reinforced my dislike, no, my extreme hatred & disgust that cops can not be trusted...Eat shit & die, bitch.
I tend to have respect and admiration for our law enforcement brethren, but I have to agree with you on this. ::thumbs::
Quote:I think I mean that white trash skank keeps a shotgun near her door because she's afraid of the black people in her neighborhood that she thinks want to rob her.
do you think it's racist of you to assume simply because her location is Detroit that her neigbors are black?
DPD Chick Wrote:
Quote:I think I mean that white trash skank keeps a shotgun near her door because she's afraid of the black people in her neighborhood that she thinks want to rob her.
do you think it's racist of you to assume simply because her location is Detroit that her neigbors are black?
It would if I hadn't read her dribble for the past four years.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:How about if I define what I think is racist?

That doesn't suffice because we all know what you think a racist is - someone who discriminates on the basis of race. But what is race, to you? How do you define a race? What set of traits can fall under that umbrella? Are you limiting your objections to JUST skin color? There seems to be a wide range of group traits, ranging from physical to cultural, that make up a race in the minds of many. Are you not of that view and feel it is just about skin color? If not, and you include the other ones (easily searched on Google), I see room for having a valid dislike of some traits, of some groups, without being ignorant. Then there is room for that discrimination possibly being reasonable, OK, valid, or just not worthy of condemnation.

Are you not answering because you truly are not sure? That's fine. Just say so, then. For someone direct and proud of being upfront and honest about her feelings, you sure are dodging and being indirect.
86 112