TO LIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE
Why is our goal to live as long as possible? 

I am moved to ask that after reading about a man in his 60's who now has dementia & Parkinsons. He can't go to the bathroom by himself, he can't shower by himself, there is nothing he can do without help. He doesn't know or understand where he is, he is a completely helpless individual and yet the healthcare system will do their best to make sure he lives and his wife may lose everything they worked for their entire adult life in order to pay for that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
All part of God's plan. No need to explain any further.
I didn't vote for him.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-16-2022, 01:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: I didn't vote for him.

He farted out the Universe, you don't vote for Him.
(06-16-2022, 12:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: All part of God's plan. No need to explain any further.

I was inspired to talk about that after reading a daughter writing about her dad. She loves him so much and has regrets about never having that "talk" with him. She doesn't think he'd want to live with no dignity. I wouldn't either. I'm realizing I wouldn't want to live if I had to rely on someone else to give me the most basic of care. I am not wearing a diaper.  Dramaqueen
(06-16-2022, 02:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 12:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: All part of God's plan. No need to explain any further.

I was inspired to talk about that after reading a daughter writing about her dad. She loves him so much and has regrets about never having that "talk" with him. She doesn't think he'd want to live with no dignity. I wouldn't either. I'm realizing I wouldn't want to live if I had to rely on someone else to give me the most basic of care. I am not wearing a diaper.  Dramaqueen

I want to get old enough that I have to wear a diaper, pretend I'm confused and smack teenagers, hippies, and Republicans with the poop filled diaper.

Sort of like this.

https://youtu.be/ZljpTx_tJ78
(06-16-2022, 10:32 AM)Duchess Wrote: Why is our goal to live as long as possible? 

I am moved to ask that after reading about a man in his 60's who now has dementia & Parkinsons. He can't go to the bathroom by himself, he can't shower by himself, there is nothing he can do without help. He doesn't know or understand where he is, he is a completely helpless individual and yet the healthcare system will do their best to make sure he lives and his wife may lose everything they worked for their entire adult life in order to pay for that.

He's not living, that's existing! 
That's a quite a difference, and there S/B an option to opt out!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It is sad to see someone in that state and for people to go into debt over such things. I like living and enjoy life, but also I'm okay if I die. It will happen eventually.

(06-16-2022, 09:59 PM)Carsman Wrote: He's not living, that's existing! 

That's how I view it too.