Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NFL is not football.
Football requires a ball to come into contact with a foot.   The NHL is catchball in the garden.    It used to be popular in the UK, for about three years, we even had a national league, now gone.

I used to watch some of it on late night TV.  Heres my tactical revolution. Ignore small fast catchers, get a 6foot 6in giant as a catcher.   Lob it up to him, in a high arc, he will catch it easily as the others are small.   If the catcher is 18 stone, he can then walk it into the end zone, no matter how many are trying to bring him down.

If they do trip him up, just do the same again.  Score unlimited points.   The problem is, the opposition will catch on, and get a 6 foot ten geezer,....etc.   This is a serious post.
(06-25-2022, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote:  get a 6foot 6in giant as a catcher.   Lob it up to him, in a high arc, he will catch it easily as the others are small.   If the catcher is 18 stone, he can then walk it into the end zone, no matter how many are trying to bring him down.

You just described a wide receiver in the NFL.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-25-2022, 07:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote:  get a 6foot 6in giant as a catcher.   Lob it up to him, in a high arc, he will catch it easily as the others are small.   If the catcher is 18 stone, he can then walk it into the end zone, no matter how many are trying to bring him down.

You just described a wide receiver in the NFL.

Oh, and your opinion on getting a tall bloke to catch it?  Getting a 23 stone fatso to barge his way through would be good to, didnt you have the fridge at one point, get several fridges, form a scrum, like rugby.
(06-25-2022, 07:23 AM)Piglet Wrote:  a 23 stone fatso to barge his way through 

That would be an NFL lineman.

Refrigerator Perry was a defensive tackle.
(06-25-2022, 07:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 07:23 AM)Piglet Wrote:  a 23 stone fatso to barge his way through 

That would be an NFL lineman.

Refrigerator Perry was a defensive tackle.
My best position, is too well demonstrate my offensive tackle.  There is no defence.    Wink.
This thread makes me miss football. Only 75 days to go.
(06-26-2022, 11:29 AM)Duchess Wrote: This thread makes me miss football. Only 75 days to go.

Is it not common sense to have a 6ft 6 giant as a catcher?  I DEMAND AN ANSWER.  In rugby you have line outs, the ball is thrown down the middle, and the catcher can be heaved up by his mates.   It was illegal but they couldnt stop it.

How about having two 6ft 6 giants, when the ball arrows in, one giant can get on the knee of the other, get his other foot on the giants shoulder, then leap like superman, probably 20 feet into the air.  Pretty good eh!.  My first game in the USA was watching the Green Bay packers, 1987 or something like that.  Still have a soft spot.
Well sure, it would be great to have a receiver who can see over the field, but it doesn't always work that way tho. He's got to be able to catch the ball first & foremost. 
(06-26-2022, 06:51 PM)Duchess Wrote: Well sure, it would be great to have a receiver who can see over the field, but it doesn't always work that way tho. He's got to be able to catch the ball first & foremost. 

Would it not be better to have a 6ft 6in receiver that is able to catch a ball.?  Let me explain.  Height is an advantage.   The higher the hands can go, the chance of a catch increases, especially if the defender is not as tall.

There, ive revolutionised your football in a moment.

And yes, it does always work that way.
Rob Gronkowski would agree but there are plenty of really fast fuckers that get way ahead of a heavier big guy and those QB's can hit a dime from 80 yards away.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-28-2022, 09:01 AM)Maggot Wrote: Rob Gronkowski would agree but there are plenty of really fast fuckers that get way ahead of a heavier big guy and those QB's can hit a dime from 80 yards away.

Depends on how good the offensive line is. Quarterbacks need time to go long, so having a big guy with good hands is a good option to have.