Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed man is King.
I have noticed in this part and others that people are struggling, no surprise there.  There is no magic pill, but i would recommend, not fixing yourself, but getting to know yourself first.  You probably havent heard of Carl Jung, he was a genius psychiatrist  from the early 20th century.

He developed an approach that defines how people function, and was able to develop a system to define how you function, and with that,  be able to become aware of how you behave.   And you behave in certain ways not because you choose too, but because that is your innate nature.

It was certainly the case in my case.   I am of a type that needs managing, if we can call it that, as we all do.  To find out who i am, was liberating, that led me onto different paths and much better ones.  And what i thought were personal failings were not, but a kernel of something bigger and better.  And by understanding them, i solved the problems i had, or made them better.

For instance, i can be too passive in the face of trouble, then explode, there was no middle path.  There is now, though i do fail sometimes.  Chang, you say you are wasting time, there is a reason.  Most are on antii depressants, well you can now address it.

There is the Myers Briggs foundation, you need to read that.  To take the test you need to pay, but there are free tests if you look.    Your mind is like a computer, when you were born, it had no programmes, now it does.  A lot of those programmes dont help, you need to change them.  Unfortunately, they are unconscious.    This is important, as important as Myers Briggs, you need to study the  subconscious mind and how it works. 

The subconscious is the big daddy of them all, and contains the path to higher things.    I can sign post you if there is any interest.
Does the one eyed man have a one eyed snake?   Sarcastic Kiddin', juuuuust kiddin'.

Is Myers Briggs the personality test? If so, years ago someone posted a link and several of us took the test.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-11-2022, 05:13 AM)Piglet Wrote: I have noticed in this part and others that people are struggling, no surprise there.  There is no magic pill, but i would recommend, not fixing yourself, but getting to know yourself first.  You probably havent heard of Carl Jung, he was a genius psychiatrist  from the early 20th century.

He developed an approach that defines how people function, and was able to develop a system to define how you function, and with that,  be able to become aware of how you behave.   And you behave in certain ways not because you choose too, but because that is your innate nature.

It was certainly the case in my case.   I am of a type that needs managing, if we can call it that, as we all do.  To find out who i am, was liberating, that led me onto different paths and much better ones.  And what i thought were personal failings were not, but a kernel of something bigger and better.  And by understanding them, i solved the problems i had, or made them better.

For instance, i can be too passive in the face of trouble, then explode, there was no middle path.  There is now, though i do fail sometimes.  Chang, you say you are wasting time, there is a reason.  Most are on antii depressants, well you can now address it.

There is the Myers Briggs foundation, you need to read that.  To take the test you need to pay, but there are free tests if you look.    Your mind is like a computer, when you were born, it had no programmes, now it does.  A lot of those programmes dont help, you need to change them.  Unfortunately, they are unconscious.    This is important, as important as Myers Briggs, you need to study the  subconscious mind and how it works. 

The subconscious is the big daddy of them all, and contains the path to higher things.    I can sign post you if there is any interest.

This reminds me of a fortune cookie.
It reminds me of a torture session with a rubber hose.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Jung was everything that Freud wasn't: humane, empathetic, guided by principle rather than ego. Pretty sure he was the primary impetus for art therapy. One of the best and brightest of the last 200 years.
Practicing Jung Fool again are we?
Ya know you get into all this mumbo and it really all about greed. The media patriarchs play this game of giving idiots more credit than do and its all armchair definitions of the human condition.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-11-2022, 08:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ya know you get into all this mumbo and it really all about greed. The media patriarchs play this game of giving idiots more credit than do and its all armchair definitions of the human condition.

Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz come to mind.
mrs cleo had more cred.
(07-11-2022, 10:07 PM)BigMark Wrote: mrs cleo had more cred.

And theres you blowing up a plastic glove.  Your lifes work.  Seed on barren ground.  It takes hard work to improve yourself in whatever way, your not going to catch that train in this life chuck.   Chuck in britain is a northern expression of endearment.
How do you even know who Mrs. Cleo is?