Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Difference between Rugby and Yankee football.
I doubt if youve watched a rugby match, but if you havent try it.  Canadians play rugby, but not very well.

The main difference is that men play rugby, namby pamby weaklings play NFL.    If you get a 6 foot 5 inch front row forward playing NFL, im sure he could have five of your poofters hanging onto his left leg, and hell still drag them 60 yards  for a touchdown.

You want proof?

Your apology for manhood wear armour, rugby players dont.    Tip for the NHL.   Take off your protection....you get used to the battering. Beat_deadhorse
hah  I got nuthin'.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
https://youtube.com/shorts/lm-CohA98Pg?feature=share
I may be wrong but I think Duchess would be fine with them playing in just their underwear.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That wouldn't be safe. I was going to say "that's fine as long as they wear their helmets".  hah

The first pre-season game is Thursday night! Weeeeeee.

Jacksonville Jags @ Las Vegas Raiders -- 8:00 EST
Hello Alisha, Rugby players dont wear protective gear apart from a head band on front row forwards, theres a lot of ear gouging. Ive played rugby, and in comparison NFL is namby pamby, not only that, but players get paid millions for standing around.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, NFL players wear tights.

For GOD SAKE.

How did that come around?, do they pose in front of mirrors?. Do they also wear eye liner, false eyelashes, and braziers? I bet they listen to Tiffany.
Alisha had to leave, honey, she's on her way back to India.
Oh, Duchess, maybe you can answer that question, why do NFL players wear tights, its not a good look.
So Chang has something to look at.
(04-07-2023, 06:52 AM)BigMark Wrote: So Chang has something to look at.

My pantyhose obsession only applies to the ladies.
(04-07-2023, 06:22 AM)Piglet Wrote: Oh, Duchess, maybe you can answer that question, why do NFL players wear tights, its not a good look.

Players wear compression clothing to help improve blood flow, reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, aid in recovery and help prevent hamstring, quad, groin and hip flexor injuries.

Thanks, Google!
(04-07-2023, 06:00 AM)Piglet Wrote: The proof of the pudding is in the eating, NFL players wear tights.

You say that like it's a bad thing . . . you femmie little bitch!

Theres a physio somewhere making a few quid. Compression clothing restricts blood flow. As for injuries, thats a joke, no one does anything. If you play rugby, its 80 minutes of non stop running, ninety in football, im not going to call it soccer as well as the physical battering, stop starting.

I doubt if anyone gets up a sweat in NFL.

Training must be a hoot, ten minutes of sprinting, if that. To be honest, a lot of your players need to go on a diet, and as for baseball players they are a joke, bellies and all.

If there are injuries its because no one is warmed up, never mind actually pushing their limits. In top football, midfielders can go six, seven miles, having to get up and down the pitch for ninety minutes.

USA sport is fot the unfit.
(04-08-2023, 07:26 AM)Piglet Wrote: Theres a physio somewhere making a few quid.  Compression clothing restricts blood flow.  As for injuries, thats a joke, no one does anything.  If you play rugby, its 80 minutes of non stop running, ninety in football, im not going to call it soccer as well as the physical battering, stop starting.

I doubt if anyone gets up a sweat in NFL. 

Training must be a hoot, ten minutes of sprinting, if that.  To be honest, a lot of your players need to go on a diet, and as for baseball players they are a joke, bellies and all.

In top football, midfielders can go six, seven miles, having to get up and down the pitch for ninety minutes.

USA sport is fot the unfit.

You are correct about compression clothing and restricting blood flow.  I've heard of men suffering from blood being restricted to their brains and diverted to their groin . . . mostly while eyeing a woman . . . and not realizing (until it's past the point of no-return), without her Spanx or Skims, they would never had given her a glance or pursued a physical encounter.

As to the elite physical conditioning and endurance of professional Rugby players, it is impressive and I whole-heartily agree.

But they are a bit daft.  Possibly from all of that unprotected physical combat they experience on the field?

With such athletic conditioning and prowess, I cannot help but wonder why they don't join the NFL and put their talents on display to rule the game?

Especially since the average salary for a professional Rugby player is what . . . 150,000 US dollars . . . compared to the average NFL salary of 2.1 million US dollars?

It's the tights . . . isn't it?

USA sport is for the economically fit . . . not slack-jawed foreign paupers.
It must be the go faster stripes on the NFL tights. You are right about rugby players, their physical condition is awesome, and they dont care about their appearence, cauliflower ears are common.
I dont know why they dont try their arm in the NFL, i suspect they would if it was just about money. Rugby wingers would be a hit, they are quick, know how to ride a tackle, not be brought down, and are strong, im sure they could run through a lot of your blokes like they wernt there. Your carriers go down at the first oppurtunity, even fling themselves to the ground.

Yards is the currency, if you watch a rugby match, you need an elephant gun to bring thosde blokes down.
(04-09-2023, 07:35 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont know why they dont try their arm in the NFL, i suspect they would if it was just about money.    

Yards is the currency, if you watch a rugby match, you need an elephant gun to bring thosde blokes down.

Perhaps they lack the ability to acquire and perfect the skills and finesse, required in the NFL . . . besides running and smashing . . . like a bulls in a china shop.

Or maybe they are fearful of retribution, from the descendants of the human cargo, your ancestors sold to the colonies?

I have no definitive answer.

However, I believe, meters, is the actual currency in Rugby.

Yards . . . is for the grid iron.

An elephant gun?  Hardly!  An AR-15 would do the trick.  Or an insult about their favorite football club . . . or their teeth.

"Oi!  Keep your bloody pie-hole closed, you tosser!  The market scanner keeps ringing up a tin of Spotted Dick, every time it's opened! "
There have been numerous rugby and rugby league players that have tried out in the NFL. None of them really got that far. They couldn’t pick up the game or the plays quick enough. They didn’t grow up with it in their veins, don’t have the instinct.

The only rugby/league/football players to ever do any good were on special teams or punters. With the exception of Jordan Mailata, who is currently playing OT. He could have made in in the NRL in Australia, might have even gotten himself a $600k/year contract, but I’ll leave you with this..

On 31 August 2021, Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni named Mailata the starter at left tackle for the 2021 NFL season. On 11 September 2021, Mailata signed a four-year, USD$64 million contract including $40.85 million guaranteed.

If any of the mopes you are referring to thought they could make it in the NFL, they’d be there trying out already. Money talks…
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
That's my team! Jordan is beloved by Eagles fans.
I havent studied NFL tactics but it looks complicated. In the 1950s a professor analysed football, soccer to you, and stated the obvious, the more times you get the ball in the opposition penalty area, the more you will score.

This led to the long ball game, where midfield is by passed, and long balls were hit to the forwards who were 6 foot plus, and were strong. Many teams became successful over many many years, including Cambridge under Beck.

Cambridge nearly got into the Premier league, a bit like a provincial NFL team mixing it with the Buffalo Bills etc.

Why do i mention this?. You can dump your tactics folder and replace it with the long ball game, get six foot 8 inch recievers, who can jump, and lob it up to them.

Thats it.

It will be good to mix it up and run it occasionally keeping the opposition guessing. As for flat passing, that too is like football, crossers hit low flat crosses so that the player heading the ball wont need to put power in a header.

The reality is that well over 50 per cent of crosses hit the first defender.

What percentage of flat passing in the NFL actually makes it to a reciver, not many i bet.

High lobs will create a battle for who is tallest, who can jump highest. Acurracy will be less important as the ball will be in the air longer. Unfortunately the long ball game is out of favour now, tippy tappy nonsense is all there is, you need to take a book to a game now waiting for something to happen.

The Irish rugby team is awesome, those blokes must eat raw beef for breakfast, their front row would make mincemeat of your fat, unfit flabby 2.5 million$ boys. As for instinct crash, they will have an instinct for smashing into the opposition, for 2.5 mill. Not hard. And they wont need armour.
(04-10-2023, 07:14 AM)Piglet Wrote: get six foot 8 inch recievers, who can jump, and lob it up to them.

Thats it.

They've got to be able to catch AND hang on to the ball. They could be 8 foot tall, if they can't hang on to the ball they are worthless. 

You tried to simplify this once before.