Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye contact
Does it make a difference?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
YES.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Absolutely. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Do you notice when people don't make eye contact?

Every time.
(08-14-2022, 03:59 PM)Duchess Wrote: Every time.

Fuck. I have a hard time making eye contact sometimes due to social anxieties and awkwardness. I'm getting somewhat better at making eye contact but then I start to worry that  I'm staring at the person creepily and then my anxiety and awkwardness flare up again.
(08-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Fuck. I have a hard time making eye contact sometimes due to social anxieties and awkwardness. I'm getting somewhat better at making eye contact but then I start to worry that  I'm staring at the person creepily and then my anxiety and awkwardness flare up again.

Me too if I'm thinking about it.The trick is not to think about it. If you were talking to someone close to you the thought would never enter your mind. But on a job interview for just an example it's hard not to think about it.
(08-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Fuck. I have a hard time making eye contact sometimes due to social anxieties and awkwardness. I'm getting somewhat better at making eye contact but then I start to worry that  I'm staring at the person creepily and then my anxiety and awkwardness flare up again.

I'm glad to know that. It helps to see the other side and I would hope I'd try to make someone feel comfortable.
(08-14-2022, 05:22 PM)sally Wrote:

Me too if I'm thinking about it.The trick is not to think about it. If you were talking to someone close to you the thought would never enter your mind. hah But on a job interview for just an example it's hard not to think about it. hah

In a job interview, it is imperative to make eye contact as much as possible with the potential employer. Not staring, but eye contact. That shows the employer that you are self confident, and not afraid. I hired well over 100 employees during my working career, and that’s one of the things I looked for.

(08-14-2022, 06:52 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 05:22 PM)sally Wrote:

Me too if I'm thinking about it.The trick is not to think about it. If you were talking to someone close to you the thought would never enter your mind. hah But on a job interview for just an example it's hard not to think about it. hah

In a job interview, it is imperative to make eye contact as much as possible with the potential employer. Not staring, but eye contact. That shows the employer that you are self confident, and not afraid. I hired well over 100 employees during my working career, and that’s one of the things I looked for.

I must have been on point with my eye contact for my state job interview. It's  the only reason I can think.of that they hired a guy that failed out of a previous phone state job with Tax and Finance 10 years prior and had a meltdown during phone training. I figure the only reason I wasn't fired was because I'm good at processing paperwork and answering customer's questions through email.
(08-14-2022, 05:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Fuck. I have a hard time making eye contact sometimes due to social anxieties and awkwardness. I'm getting somewhat better at making eye contact but then I start to worry that  I'm staring at the person creepily and then my anxiety and awkwardness flare up again.

I'm glad to know that. It helps to see the other side and I would hope I'd try to make someone feel comfortable.

I will go away from talking w/ someone and realize I never looked them in the eyes. It is so wierd, I don't even know I am doing it. 
But if I am talking to someone close to me then I am def looking in thier eyes.

During fellatio?
Men like when you look at them while doing that. I look away and shoot a bird.
Blowjobs and Quail shooting, you are VERY talented!
You just don't transfer 100,000 without some eye contact, it's just not right. Geez!
I just spent the afternoon with a friend and I am pretty sure I only looked in her eyes once, maybe twice. That feels so wierd now looking back.
But we were at a show a couple of weeks back and looked at each other during funny scenes.

Our conversation was both lighthearted and deep.

I went into an elevator today, and there was a guy in it. We went up, we made eye contact, we smiled, 
we made eye contact again. A minute went by, I said man it’s really another hot one out there today, he said yep. 
We stopped, he got out, I went up to next floor.     hah

I noted some interactions recently where I had no eye contact, once again and realized it just after it happened.

BUT THEN...........there was this girl that I had eye contact with for a very long time. Like I didn't know when to look away, she kept looking at me as we were parting ways and I couldn't handle it inside.

I noticed at my doctor appointment today, I didn't make eye contact with the doctor for the first few minutes. And then I forced myself to make eye contact so I didn't seem weird and uncomfortable.
Eye contact should be made with every conversation, it insures that there is a sincere and real reason for the interaction. It gives a reason for trust and a real ability to allow for some type of trust to be allowed to be acknowledged between two people, a personal handshake that is lasting.