Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would happen if....
If i was walking down a street in New York and got hit by a bus what would happen to me. ?   I am badly injured, and i dont have health insurance.   I was going to add that i am homeless too, but that might be going to far, as we dont want a horror story.   I am 74, in this story, have paid all my taxes and brought a family up.  

Am i fuckered.?
I think you might be if you don't have insurance, I'm not certain of that tho. In America, one can lose everything if you have a catastrophic medical event and you're uninsured.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
America does have help in that situation. A hospital cannot refuse you and would have to stabilize you. You may end up on a third tier of help afterwards. But you don't get tossed in the alleyway right away.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-03-2022, 11:38 AM)Maggot Wrote: America does have help in that situation. A hospital cannot refuse you and would have to stabilize you. You may end up on a third tier of help afterwards. But you don't get tossed in the alleyway right away.

Third tier of help?, whays that?  So i would be stabilised, and thats it?  Wouldnt i get ongoing treatment, or treatment that i needed there and then, on an on going basis.?

A long time ago a colleague went on a fact finding tour of the US.  Anti psychotic drugs were handed out like sweets on the underground to those who needed it, there were a huge number of untreated mentally ill people.

It was funded by charities.    Taking into account the above, are you happy with that?    All i can say is thank god i live in britain.   If people dont get the treatment or drugs they should, questions are asked....in parliament. 

There but for the grace of god, go i, and you.     You are your brothers keeper....and you will be looked after in turn.
(09-03-2022, 05:21 PM)Piglet Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:38 AM)Maggot Wrote: America does have help in that situation. A hospital cannot refuse you and would have to stabilize you. You may end up on a third tier of help afterwards. But you don't get tossed in the alleyway right away.

Third tier of help?, whays that?  So i would be stabilised, and thats it?  Wouldnt i get ongoing treatment, or treatment that i needed there and then, on an on going basis.?

A long time ago a colleague went on a fact finding tour of the US.  Anti psychotic drugs were handed out like sweets on the underground to those who needed it, there were a huge number of untreated mentally ill people.

It was funded by charities.    Taking into account the above, are you happy with that?    All i can say is thank god i live in britain.   If people dont get the treatment or drugs they should, questions are asked....in parliament. 

There but for the grace of god, go i, and you.     You are your brothers keeper....and you will be looked after in turn.
You are not gonna get longterm care if you don't have longterm insurance. It's just not any else's problem. think about that a bit. Who is responsible for it? People have medicare and ss at 74 It's not much but it's something.
There are many who can't afford their insulin and some of them die, others try to ration out the little they have. There are so many stories like that. Our healthcare system pretty much sucks.
(09-03-2022, 06:34 PM)Duchess Wrote: There are many who can't afford their insulin and some of them die, others try to ration out the little they have. There are so many stories like that. Our healthcare system pretty much sucks.

O my god.  That is shocking duchess.  Maggot, should my survival depend on my ability to pay?   To stand apart and watch a human being die for the sake of insulin? Or a blood thinner, or an anti psychotic?

America is no better than India or any third world country.   Imagine dying of cancer, and you cant afford pain killers.  Never mind not having radio therapy.  This is stunning. And no one cares, are the democrats doing anything about it?  

Having said that, its not about politics, but about basic humanity.    And America is a god fearing nation, do me a favour, your society is evil.  That not having money is about not having balls, and is punishable by death through not giving a shit.

America has a lot to learn.

About basic decency, mercy, empathy, about us all being in it together.     Apparently the us military will never leave a soldier behind, they will always rescue someone.

So they can die at the hands of your health system,....what there is of it.   While not caring millions die for the sake of basic healthcare.    And of your doctors etc, do they feel guilty over their wealth while others die?     Of course not, its  every man for himself.

Im in a temper,     America kills it own,   YOU ARE A SPIT IN THE FACE OF HUMANITY.
p.s maggot, ive just re read your note.  We are all reponsible for it.  It being our fellow man.    Do you get that?  No.
Every single republican recently voted against capping the price of insulin. Every one of them, and their voters say, hell yeah, we want more of that.   78
[Image: 200.gif]
No matter any issue there will always be a negative aspect. We try and help people but it never seems to be enough. Because it's just never enough, there will always be a "but what about this" many people like to look at the dark side and claim they are better but I always try to look at the bright side of life........Que the Monty Python skit.
(09-04-2022, 09:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: No matter any issue there will always be a negative aspect. We try and help people but it never seems to be enough. Because it's just never enough, there will always be a "but what about this" many people like to look at the dark side and claim they are better but I always try to look at the bright side of life........Que the Monty Python skit.

Price gouging is a healthy business practice? How about Medicare fraud, another healthy business practice? 

People who stand for nothing deserve nothing, and guess what? looks like a whole lot of nothing on the horizon. Hopefully your cheezy platitudes will make up for it, but I kind of doubt it.
(09-04-2022, 10:19 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 09:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: No matter any issue there will always be a negative aspect. We try and help people but it never seems to be enough. Because it's just never enough, there will always be a "but what about this" many people like to look at the dark side and claim they are better but I always try to look at the bright side of life........Que the Monty Python skit.

Price gouging is a healthy business practice? How about Medicare fraud, another healthy business practice? 

People who stand for nothing deserve nothing, and guess what? looks like a whole lot of nothing on the horizon. Hopefully your cheezy platitudes will make up for it, but I kind of doubt it.

Some people will never be happy, it's the way of the world and you have to step back and say " thanks for holding the door open" 

Is it really so bad? Snap outta it.
(09-04-2022, 10:58 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 10:19 AM)rothschild Wrote:

Some people will never be happy, it's the way of the world and you have to step back and say " thanks for holding the door open" 

Is it really so bad? Snap outta it.

To answer that question you have to be able to put yourself in other people's shoes. And how does happiness come into being for those who lack even the basic necessities that're required to maintain one's existence? It doesn't, so this has nothing to do with happiness. Access to insulin is completely different from debt-forgiveness, but even then, there are many among the privileged who enjoy such luxuries at the same time they begrudge they're being available for those who aren't so "lucky". The playing field is decidedly unlevel, and until that's rectified you don't have a pot to piss in here. If we eliminated the Federal Reserve System you would have zero tax liability and the playing field would be leveled to a very significant degree. If you're not willing to help make that happen, you have nothing to complain about with respect to Democratic excess, because the two are inextricably linked -- ditto for Republican excess.
You wouldn’t be fucked in your scenario. The hospital has to stabilize you and if your injuries required ongoing care the hospital would have you apply for financial aid which you would get because you are poor. Or they would even assist you in applying for social security disability which you would get Medicaid that would pay all of your medical bills. Then you could probably sue the city for their public transportation running you over. Other than getting mowed down by a bus, this scenario isn’t that bad. I actually know someone who got hit by a bus and lost his leg.
The scenario where you’d actually be fucked is if you were middle to upper class, had assets, a nest egg and no insurance. Say you got something like cancer, you wouldn’t qualify for financial aid and you’d have to self pay for treatment. Kiss every thing you worked for all your life goodbye.
I don't consider myself privileged, nobody has ever given me anything and I have worked for everything I have. I have sacrificed my entire life to be where I am now. Many people have squandered their life depending on others to carry them through. You cannot say that they are the poor underprivileged class that never had a chance to make their lives better. Everyone has the ability to make their lives better. If by the time a person is 70 that they never had a chance is bullshit. 

To take away from the people that have worked and sacrificed eating Mac and cheese and ramen noddles to get by so their future would be better is bullshit. We all have the ability to stand up and fight. So smile and look at the bright side because I do not feel bad about the people that have gone through life taking from the people that work hard to make their lives better. Go fuck yourself with your pious attitude and angelic thoughts of charity when we both can give to charity but there is a cutoff point.
(09-04-2022, 07:54 AM)Piglet Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 06:34 PM)Duchess Wrote: There are many who can't afford their insulin and some of them die, others try to ration out the little they have. There are so many stories like that. Our healthcare system pretty much sucks.

O my god.  That is shocking duchess.  Maggot, should my survival depend on my ability to pay?   To stand apart and watch a human being die for the sake of insulin? Or a blood thinner, or an anti psychotic?

America is no better than India or any third world country.   Imagine dying of cancer, and you cant afford pain killers.  Never mind not having radio therapy.  This is stunning. And no one cares, are the democrats doing anything about it?  

Having said that, its not about politics, but about basic humanity.    And America is a god fearing nation, do me a favour, your society is evil.  That not having money is about not having balls, and is punishable by death through not giving a shit.

America has a lot to learn.

About basic decency, mercy, empathy, about us all being in it together.     Apparently the us military will never leave a soldier behind, they will always rescue someone.

So they can die at the hands of your health system,....what there is of it.   While not caring millions die for the sake of basic healthcare.    And of your doctors etc, do they feel guilty over their wealth while others die?     Of course not, its  every man for himself.

Im in a temper,     America kills it own,   YOU ARE A SPIT IN THE FACE OF HUMANITY.
 None of that is true. I grew up with poor people with no health insurance all of my life. If you are a broke joke you can apply for financial assistance for your health care and you will get it. They don’t just throw you to the street to suffer and die.
(09-04-2022, 12:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: I don't consider myself privileged, nobody has ever given me anything and I have worked for everything I have. I have sacrificed my entire life to be where I am now. Many people have squandered their life depending on others to carry them through. You cannot say that they are the poor underprivileged class that never had a chance to make their lives better. Everyone has the ability to make their lives better. If by the time a person is 70 that they never had a chance is bullshit. 

To take away from the people that have worked and sacrificed eating Mac and cheese and ramen noddles to get by so their future would be better is bullshit. We all have the ability to stand up and fight. So smile and look at the bright side because I do not feel bad about the people that have gone through life taking from the people that work hard to make their lives better. Go fuck yourself with your pious attitude and angelic thoughts of charity when we both can give to charity but there is a cutoff point.

I didn't say that poor folks bear no responsibility. Nor did I suggest that being modestly rich is necessarily bad. What I did say is that if we got the 900 pound gorilla off our back you'd have zero tax liability. There was no permanent income tax prior to the establishment of the Federal Reserve System. And if it was in my hands there'd be no taxation for small businesses. All I would tax would be wealth above a million dollars, and medium and large scale industries. And I'd shut down every government program that couldn't justify it's existence -- ditto for every federal agency -- which would be the vast majority of both.

As for Trump, let's not forget that his support is what allowed scumbag Mitch McConnell to squeak out another win. And every single one of his appointments was worth dog shit. So fuck you, too.

Have a great day.  Blowing-kisses
(09-04-2022, 12:44 PM)sally Wrote:  None of that is true. I grew up with poor people with no health insurance all of my life. If you are a broke joke you can apply for financial assistance for your health care and you will get it. They don’t just throw you to the street to suffer and die.

None of that is on account of Republicans. Reagan was a scum-sucking Thatcherite who changed the school lunch program so that ketchup became a vegetable. Guess he never got the memo that tomatos are fruit, not vegetables.