Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A county fair
Do you go to the fall/harvest fairs?

I love fair season,  mostly for the animals and exhibits.   

Duchess,  do you participate in the horse shows at your local county fair?

For the first time ever,  I am entering 2 quilts,  in 2 different fairs.  I doubt that I will win anything,  one is a scap quilt that has no rhyme or reason to it, and the other is a basic 9 square,  but I can't wait to see them on display. 

What's your favorite thing about the fair?
lemme guess Deerfield and Hopkington.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-12-2022, 08:33 AM)cannongal Wrote: Duchess,  do you participate in the horse shows at your local county fair?

No, I don't and I haven't been to a fair in a looong time, but when I used to go I enjoyed the same things that you do, the animals & the exhibits.

Good luck with your quilts, hun.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-12-2022, 08:44 AM)Maggot Wrote: lemme guess Deerfield and Hopkington.

Close,  Deerfield and Granite state.   I am thinking about doing Fryberg,  too, as it's only 20 minutes away. 

(09-12-2022, 09:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: No, I don't and I haven't been to a fair in a looong time, but when I used to go I enjoyed the same things that you do, the animals & the exhibits.

Good luck with your quilts, hun.

I still enjoy going to a fair every year.    Luckily,  we have a shitton of fall fairs in New England,  so I can choose a different place every year. 

And by the way,  Thank you!!! Blowing-kisses  for enjoying the animals and exhibits, maybe it's a female thing,  but for the last few years,  I've had guys with me,   they want fair food,  and nothing else.    I was beginning to rethink my choices.
I had saved all my favorite silk Tommys Bamahas shirts to make a quilt but they all went to charity or the trash, had some real favorite patterns they used good material back in the day. Good luck!
(09-12-2022, 09:30 AM)cannongal Wrote:   they want fair food

That made me have a scent memory. There's nothing like the smell of a fair.
Is your backbone gnawing on yer bellybutton?
(09-12-2022, 09:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:30 AM)cannongal Wrote:   they want fair food

That made me have a scent memory. There's nothing like the smell of a fair.

hah

Which part?  I can't smell 98% of things,  but I know that people who usually accompany me complain about the animal shit, the flies everywhere, and the diesel smells,  while at the same time,  following their nose to the fried food  hah
I don't find the smell to be gross or maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic. I like the smell of all the different foods and the animals. I have fond memories of the fair.
It's the dust that fucks me up. And the hay.
We’ve gone to the big E many times. We liked it every time! Especially the bands. 

The parking usually was a PIA! Twice we parked in peoples back yards for modest fee, that was good.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I like fairs, but the last time we went to the county fair here they weren't selling any beer. I guess it's supposed to be a "family thing" now. Well this November I'm blowing that popsicle stand and going to the Greek festival that is always held at the same time at the Orthodox church. They sell beer and lots of it, the whole family can get fucked up.
Now that I think of it we also went to the county fair and live stock shows and bands here at the 
Florida State Fair at the Florida Fair Grounds. That’s where my wife saw and got kissed on the cheek 
by The one and only “ Bert Reynolds”! She was in heaven all that week.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-12-2022, 08:33 AM)cannongal Wrote: Do you go to the fall/harvest fairs?

I love fair season,  mostly for the animals and exhibits.   

Duchess,  do you participate in the horse shows at your local county fair?

For the first time ever,  I am entering 2 quilts,  in 2 different fairs.  I doubt that I will win anything,  one is a scap quilt that has no rhyme or reason to it, and the other is a basic 9 square,  but I can't wait to see them on display. 

What's your favorite thing about the fair?

My family used to show goats in the fairs. I spent a lot of time at them growing up and still love going to them as an adult.

I went to one on this side of the mountain tho and it was sad compared to the ones I'm used to on the other side of the state. 
I like seeing the animals best.

(09-13-2022, 10:34 AM)MirahM Wrote: My family used to show goats in the fairs. 

*gasp* Ohmaigawds! You know I have a great love for goats. I never knew there is such a thing as show goats! Ahahahaha! I love that so much!
(09-13-2022, 10:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 10:34 AM)MirahM Wrote: My family used to show goats in the fairs. 

*gasp* Ohmaigawds! You know I have a great love for goats. I never knew there is such a thing as show goats! Ahahahaha! I love that so much!

Have you tried Goat yoga yet?  I went to one a couple of months ago.   A bunch of baby goats jump all over you,  while you try to contort your body into positions called 'downward dog', and 'spiral noodle'.
hah  No, I've never tried that. I don't know how I would even manage it given I would be laughing my ass off.
I was too busy swearing,  after the damn baby goat headbutted me while my ass was up in the air.   hah  Damn kids gave me a gift certificate for Mother's Day.   Not that I've ever done yoga before.   I swear I said a baby yoda when they asked what I would like!
(09-13-2022, 12:13 PM)cannongal Wrote:  the damn baby goat headbutted me while my ass was up in the air.  

I would have been gasping for air from laughing so hard.   hah
I might go to the Deerfield fair. Just to pick on Cannongirl.