Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General News Discussion
Do we have a general news discussion thread?

I have been getting caught up on the news of recent as I have been otherwise occupied.

Nancy Pelosi's husband got hammered, I mean attacked with a hammer and some media said it was a lover's quarrel? 

Kanye West, now Ye is still spewing anti-Semitic crap and retailers are pulling any and everything that relates to him. Even gerber baby formula and Orbitz gum. Just kidding I'm following an SNL sketch from "Weekend Update" because that is where I really get my news. But many retailers are now distancing themselves from the rapper.

And finally Twitter's new owner Elon Musk to start charging blue check mark holders a total of $8 a month to retain or gain that blue check mark of validation next to the user's name. He calls it "Lord and Peasant" system.
Elon has been working to delete bots and says he will not tolerate hate speech. Elon has also been known to tweet false news stories, later deleting them after realizing that not all "media" posted is true.

Thats it. That is the news. 3 big news stories, and it is Nov 1st.

I forgot to mention that over 150 people died in South Korea at a Halloween celebration.

And a suspension bridge collapsed in India killing over 130.

A storm in the Philippines killed more than 100 people.

Fox News Says College Kids Who Pet Cats Need a ‘Slap in the Face’ – Rolling Stone

The hosts of Fox’s Outnumbered sounded off on students who enjoy petting animals as a form of stress relief, calling them "snowflakes"

What kind of a flaming asshole do you have to be to say something like this?
Heidi Klum dressed up as a worm, Gisele and Tom Brady are splitting. Taylor Swift released an album. Stuff is happening in sports. Weather is happening, in the U.S. the midwest, west coast and east coast are gearing up for who gets the biggest bragging rights of cold snaps this winter.

Also in the U.S. midterm elections are happening, and frankly I am scared. I fear that every election from now on is going to be questioned and that the system is going to fail greatly. I fear the mis-information and fear mongering and blaming.

(11-01-2022, 11:18 PM)Rootilda2 Wrote: Fox News Says College Kids Who Pet Cats Need a ‘Slap in the Face’ – Rolling Stone

The hosts of Fox’s Outnumbered sounded off on students who enjoy petting animals as a form of stress relief, calling them "snowflakes"

What is Fox "Outnumbered"? I cannot read the Rolling Stone article.

Obviously someone saying that does not need to be near any sort of animal ever, that includes kids who also want to dress as furries. (I wrote that for Sally)

The e-meow-tional segment was a response to a study indicating that some people respond to interactions with cats as a form of stress relief. The study pointed out that popular animal interaction events on college campuses usually feature dogs. 

“I don’t think these kids need cats, I think they need discipline, I think they need a slap in the face,” said host Emily Compagno, who by the sound of it could use some time decompressing herself if a desire to commit physical violence is her response to people petting cats. 

The panel got their tails in a twist, rehashing well worn accusations that anything remotely suggesting that young people would like to be less stressed than their forebears is actually a sign of being wimps. “This is another example of how we are raising snowflakes,” said anchor Julie Banderas. “If you honestly can’t make it in college, then just drop out. I know a lot of people want to take advantage of the freebies, but just drop out anyway. Do us all a favor.”

“No one is going to hand you a puppy in the real world!,” exclaimed host Tammy Bruce, as if enjoying puppies when given the opportunity to play with them is a sign of crippling emotional dependence. “It’s part of the indoctrination,” she said. Indoctrination to what? We’d love to know. Because according to Compagno, these liberal cat-petting communes are both taxpayer-funded and come with a side of free tuition. 

“I remember on one of my campuses getting a note that there would be dogs and puppies for us to soothe us during exam time. I thought, is this real?” said former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, disgusted by the notion of anyone interrupting study time for some lighthearted enjoyment. “I don’t need to be coddling a puppy, I need my organic chemistry book if I’m pre-med … I don’t need a puppy in my lap to study for exams.”

OK? Congrats? 

“This is the idea of building a society of betas,” declared contributor David Webb. “These kids are the problem … If you need a cat or you need a puppy you don’t belong in college.”

[font=Georgia, Helvetica, sans-serif]Setting aside the absurdity of the statement, and the fact that it essentially tells any student who relies on a service animal that they have no place getting a higher education, the segment highlights the absurd lengths the network will go to to drum up outrage over something as benign as college students spending a few minutes having a cuddle with a cute animal during finals.

(11-01-2022, 11:22 PM)MirahM Wrote: Heidi Klum dressed up as a worm, Gisele and Tom Brady are splitting. Taylor Swift released an album. Stuff is happening in sports. Weather is happening, in the U.S. the midwest, west coast and east coast are gearing up for who gets the biggest bragging rights of cold snaps this winter.

Also in the U.S. midterm elections are happening, and frankly I am scared. hah I fear that every election from now on is going to be questioned and that the system is going to fail greatly. hah I fear the mis-information and fear mongering and blaming.

Hopefully not likely, the colossal instigator moron of the Jan 6 debacle has been deemed to be of unsound, unhinged, unstable, unbalanced, disturbed, deranged, demented, psychotic, bizarre, imbecilic, mind! 
Let’s pray to Allah 2024 doesn’t create a disastrous mistake again!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Lets hope. Yes.
There was some mail theft here locally and people made comments that maybe people were not only after checks-but maybe ballots also. WHICH TOTALLY COULD BE TRUE. But I feel if the person they don't want-wins they will just say, "SEE! SEE!" Those 13 mailboxes that were broken in to caused an entire election to fail!

We have a very serious problem with fake news in our country. It used to be just the fringe part of society who engaged with that bullshit, but now it's everywhere and I think it is very concerning when we have people running for office who engage in it, and it's no longer just fake news, it's the caliber of people who are running for office throughout our country. I saw a clip of Kari Lake getting some laughs when talking about the attack on Paul Pelosi. He's 82 fucking years old, an old man who was attacked with a hammer, a senior citizen whose skull was fractured and those people were laughing about it. Laughing! I was so outraged when I saw that. It's one thing when we laugh at inappropriate stuff, it's a completely different thing when it is people who are running for elected office. Goddamn! I suppose that says much about our society these days.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Insane. My mom is almost the same age. I would be in a rage.

(11-01-2022, 11:18 PM)Rootilda2 Wrote: Fox News Says College Kids Who Pet Cats Need a ‘Slap in the Face’ – Rolling Stone

Well you knew I would agree with this. Petting animals is a form of stress relief. I have two cats and two dogs, but I don't get to take them to school or work with me, most people have to handle daily, stressful situations without them.
She knows that you will agree with a lot of shit.  If you're willing to play the game....
(11-02-2022, 07:52 AM)MirahM Wrote: Insane. My mom is almost the same age. I would be in a rage.

It makes me so mad! There are those I love who are in that age group and when I read these stories I don't have any problem imagining a loved one in that position and to see people laughing about it IS enraging.

In some countries their elderly are revered, not America. 
Taking a hammer to the head is some how better if you're young or if it's someone you don't like?
(11-02-2022, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:52 AM)MirahM Wrote: Insane. My mom is almost the same age. I would be in a rage.

It makes me so mad! There are those I love who are in that age group and when I read these stories I don't have any problem imagining a loved one in that position and to see people laughing about it IS enraging.

In some countries their elderly are revered, not America. 

Like when you snigger about anti-vaxxers that get intubated?

Cue Duchess telling us how different that is...
(11-02-2022, 05:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: We have a very serious problem with fake news in our country. It used to be just the fringe part of society who engaged with that bullshit, but now it's everywhere and I think it is very concerning when we have people running for office who engage in it, and it's no longer just fake news, it's the caliber of people who are running for office throughout our country. I saw a clip of Kari Lake getting some laughs when talking about the attack on Paul Pelosi. He's 82 fucking years old, an old man who was attacked with a hammer, a senior citizen whose skull was fractured and those people were laughing about it. Laughing! I was so outraged when I saw that. It's one thing when we laugh at inappropriate stuff, it's a completely different thing when it is people who are running for elected office. Goddamn! I suppose that says much about our society these days.

Modern society is completely divorced from the natural world. It's artificial, as in "fake". You live in a fake world, and are A-OK with that, yet here you are complaining about fakery.

Priceless.
Do you not live in this world also? Or because you complain about it more then you have shown everyone that you don't agree with it and you want to say that Duchess is okay with it.
Please.
Move on to another topic already. It is getting old and boring.

(11-02-2022, 04:44 PM)MirahM Wrote: Do you not live in this world also? Or because you complain about it more then you have shown everyone that you don't agree with it and you want to say that Duchess is okay with it.
Please.
Move on to another topic already. It is getting old and boring.

Older and more boring than listening to you and Duchess whinge about "fake news"?

Nothing more wretchedly pathetic than librul naivete, Mirah. The swagger of pseudo-sophistication. Smiley_emoticons_kotz
(11-02-2022, 05:59 PM)rothschild Wrote: Older and more boring than listening to you and Duchess whinge about "fake news"?

Nothing more wretchedly pathetic than librul naivete, Mirah. The swagger of pseudo-sophistication.  Smiley_emoticons_kotz

Bitch please. Get over yourself. I was referring to a candidate for Governor who is making news on a daily basis for her over the top lies, conspiracy theories and joking about the near deadly assault on the Speaker of the House elderly husband. It's not amusing, it's despicable.

What is wretchedly pathetic is a grown ass man who can't discern the difference between a conversation regarding current events & whining. Come down off your high horse and do better.  11
(11-02-2022, 06:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 05:59 PM)rothschild Wrote: Older and more boring than listening to you and Duchess whinge about "fake news"?

Nothing more wretchedly pathetic than librul naivete, Mirah. The swagger of pseudo-sophistication.  Smiley_emoticons_kotz

Bitch please. Get over yourself. I was referring to a candidate for Governor who is making news on a daily basis for her over the top lies, conspiracy theories and joking about the near deadly assault on the Speaker of the House elderly husband. It's not amusing, it's despicable.

What is wretchedly pathetic is a grown ass man who can't discern the difference between a conversation regarding current events & whining. Come down off your high horse and do better.  11

I don't take you or the candidate for governor seriously, because anyone who takes this world at face value should be living in an asylum. 103