Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aging
From the posts on here, i dont think there are any young people.  Are you having difficulties adjusting to getting older?   I am 65, and still expect my body to perform like i were a twenty year old, and its a shock that i cant do what i used too. 

For instance, i cant make love six times a night, just four.   Thats a joke by the way.    If i sit down for an extended period i seize up, my energy is woeful.  The prospect of dying is present, i have an illness that if it recurs i have a ten per cent chance of dying.    Apart from that i am completely healthy and not handicapped in any way.   My partner, ( female),has had two deep brain tumours removed with all that entails, and two dogs. 

I wouldnt change that, but being free has its attractions, like hopping on a plane to attend an open air opera in Rome, my last ambition.  Or spending a month in Naples or the Amalfi coast, or both. 

The prospect of dying is ever present, it can snatch you at any time at this age , and my mind at least turns to judging what sort of life ive had, and the verdict is well done mate.  Ive done some bad things,  and i will share if others do.   At the time though, you dont think you are doing something bad.  Part of me is a bit glad things are coming to an end, that a new adventure is waiting.  

I havent enjoyed this life, at various times its a kick in the knackers as they say over here.  Especially with my personality, in my naivity, i thiought everyone is like me. That left me about fifteen years ago.   In regards to the world, the universe, God, i think im on the up,  which is some achievement, when most people are evil.

Yes they are.    Looking back on your life, would you do it again?

I would not.    This world is a god forsaken shit hole.
Wow,  tell us how you really feel  hah
I would live my life again. Only things I would change is travel more, take risks, not waste my youth watching TV and playing on the computer, let my girl side be more aggressive and expressive ,maybe even have a sex change, and not let fear and anxiety,and what others think of me dictate my life choices.
(11-14-2022, 09:51 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I would live my life again. Only things I would change is travel more, take risks, not waste my youth watching TV and playing on the computer, let my girl side be more aggressive and expressive ,maybe even have a sex change, and not let fear and anxiety,and what others think of me dictate my life choices.

Where have you traveled to?  I've been to the lower 48, plus Canada and Mexico.   I really wish I could visit other continents,  but it's not meant to be  hah
(11-14-2022, 11:02 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 09:51 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I would live my life again. Only things I would change is travel more, take risks, not waste my youth watching TV and playing on the computer, let my girl side be more aggressive and expressive ,maybe even have a sex change, and not let fear and anxiety,and what others think of me dictate my life choices.

Where have you traveled to?  I've been to the lower 48, plus Canada and Mexico.   I really wish I could visit other continents,  but it's not meant to be  hah

Washington DC, Maryland, New York City, Vermont, Massachusetts, Canada. I too wish I could visit other continents. I'd really like to visit Japan, Germany, and Ireland.
(11-14-2022, 12:37 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Washington DC, Maryland, New York City, Vermont, Massachusetts, Canada. I too wish I could visit other continents. I'd really like to visit Japan, Germany, and Ireland.
Gawddamn boy, how do you visit Vermont and Mass, without visiting new Hampshire and Maine?  We need to talk about expanding your horizons  hah Dramaqueen Dramaqueen
I don't think I'd want to relive my life unless I could figure out why I've had anxiety ever since I was a small child. If I could have conquered that at a young age, my life would have been drastically different.

I'm pretty comfortable in my old age though. I'd be happy with another 10 - 12 years and then kick the bucket before I get too infirm.
I don't know. If you were to live your life over again knowing what you know now, even one small change could drastically change your fate and others, maybe for the best or maybe for the worst. You dont get a sneak preview. As for getting old, I don't particularly care for it. After the age of 40 I don't think many people are thinking to themselves how much they love getting older, all you are is closer to death.
(11-14-2022, 09:18 AM)Piglet Wrote: Looking back on your life, would you do it again?

I can't answer that. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-14-2022, 09:18 AM)Piglet Wrote: Looking back on your life, would you do it again?

Yes.

Is this another Piglet thread?
(11-14-2022, 01:00 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 12:37 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Gawddamn boy, how do you visit Vermont and Mass, without visiting new Hampshire and Maine?  We need to talk about expanding your horizons  hah Dramaqueen Dramaqueen
Hoosick Falls NY isnt far from Bennington VT. I used to work at the Price Chopper there, picnic in Deer Park with my family, buy comic books. Went to Massachusetts on school field trips and one time to take a Postal exam.
Tell me more about this postal exam.

(11-14-2022, 09:28 PM)MirahM Wrote: Tell me more about this postal exam.

Not much to tell. They give you like a 100 questions, mostly about typos in addresses, and like 45 minutes to finish it.
Was that for your current job or were you thinking about working at a post office?

(11-15-2022, 02:44 AM)MirahM Wrote: Was that for your current job or were you thinking about working at a post office?

That was years ago when I got fired from my first state job at tax and Finance and was desperate for any job.
Chang, knowlege is power, do the Myers briggs personality test.  When you find out your type you will know what roads to take.
(11-15-2022, 07:30 AM)Piglet Wrote: Chang, knowlege is power, do the Myers briggs personality test.  When you find out your type you will know what roads to take.

I know my type. I don't believe the hype.
Work on my temper.
(11-15-2022, 05:05 PM)BigMark Wrote: Work on my temper.

Interesting. I was going the opposite way. Thought maybe I'd murder someone, tell another to stay in thier lane, stuff like that.