Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Sometimes I feel like Thanksgiving time with family and friends is more sacred than Christmas. Christmas always feels way too stressful even when I try not to make it that way. Thanksgiving is just "eat a big feast and hang out".

Happy Thanksgiving. It's just me, my husband and kids. I used to have big holiday get togethers and then everyone fucking died or moved away. It's kind of depressing. Especially while watching the neighbor's have guests and family bringing pies and whatnot and having a jolly good time while were sitting here like miserable assholes.
Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

I can sit and be a miserable asshole with you, Sal.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well misery loves company. Another thing that was kind of depressing was that I was at the grocery store yesterday and noticed that all of the Hungry Man turkey dinners were gone. I wonder how many people are just sitting home alone eating their Hungry Man. Roo?
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Just about to sit down and have my Hungry Man turkey dinner. Thank you, lord. Amen.
(11-24-2022, 05:02 PM)sally Wrote: I was at the grocery store yesterday and noticed that all of the Hungry Man turkey dinners were gone. I wonder how many people are just sitting home alone eating their Hungry Man. 

(11-24-2022, 05:33 PM)rothschild Wrote: Just about to sit down and have my Hungry Man turkey dinner. Thank you, lord. Amen.

hah
hah
(11-24-2022, 03:07 PM),sally Wrote: Happy Thanksgiving. It's just me, my husband and kids. I used to have big holiday get togethers and then everyone fucking died or moved away. It's kind of depressing. Especially while watching the neighbor's have guests and family bringing pies and whatnot and having a jolly good time while were sitting here like miserable assholes.

Happy a thanksgiving all.

Same here Sal, from big traditional thanksgiving dinner at our house for many years it went down to just 
our daughter and grand daughter in new NE, to now in FL our daughter, grandson and SIL who just moved
back to FL from KC, Mo. and us. Everybody else either died or moved away. 
It is depressing, but that’s what happens as you get older. Welcome to the club.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Yeah it sucks. Mom, dad, grandparents, uncles, aunts.... everyone is dead. My youngest daughter doesn't even know what it's like to have grandparents. I'd do anything to have my parents here now. They divorced when I was seven years old, but both always showed up at family gatherings and would get into a fight. I really miss that lol.
it was in 1998 when roo last ate a hungry man
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Had a nice day watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV, smoking weed, eating home cooked Turkey dinner from Equinox, and then cigars and football. Can't believe the Patriots fucked up the win in the fourth quarter. Filthy Dallas Cowboys.
Happy Thanksgiving,  but thank gawd it's over.   I was Sally's neighbor.    46 adults, and over 20 kids descended upon the house yesterday.   I swear people procreated and created more kids throughout the day.  4 turkeys,  potatoes,  squash,  carrots,  stuffing,  beans, peas,  you name,  we had it.

I thought these people were never going to leave,  but luckily,  one of my dogs ate a tray of deviled eggs and started farting.    You'd be amazed at how many people scurry out the door when a dog releases the equivalent of skunk spray.
Chang Corso?
Happy belated thanksgiving…

Ours was weird this year as my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a few months ago and has declined rapidly - so it’s bittersweet - glad to still have her although she struggles to remember us - she’s only 70 and physically in great shape she can no longer care for herself.
It’s difficult to describe missing someone when they are still right in front of you.

We are lucky though, many with Alzheimer’s get angry easily - but my mom doesn’t- she’s crazy sweet and fun. Whenever she sees me we have to do a dance party. She loves to tell my Alexa to play Rod Stewart haha then shimmies her a$$ off.  She kept forgetting we already had a “dance party” - So yeah our Thanksgiving consisted of carbs and Rod Stewart. Rinse and repeat.
My grandmother had alzheimers and she was one to get mean and angry. When I told her that the hospital called and said grandpa passed away she looked at me, stuck out her tongue and made a farting noise like who gives a crap. She was only married to him for 50 plus years.
She put the mean old bitch in raspberry.
(11-25-2022, 03:22 PM)BigMark Wrote: She put the mean old bitch in raspberry.

I know, my eyes were all filling up with tears as I had break the news to her that pop pop died and then she pulls that shit.
People around here call their grandfathers pop pop too. I had never heard that before then and they call their grammas mom-mom.
I called them grandma and pop pop. People around here call them mee ma and pee pa. My neighbor's family calls her me me, I lived across the street from that woman for 25 years and never knew her actual name until recently.
(11-25-2022, 06:05 AM)cannongal Wrote: one of my dogs ate a tray of deviled eggs and started farting.    You'd be amazed at how many people scurry out the door when a dog releases the equivalent of skunk spray.

My Newfoundland did that one Thanksgiving. Apparently dogs really like deviled eggs because there was a hundred other things on the table he could have chosen from instead.