Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday's
I am in the middle of a shitfit about my birthday.   My birthday is new year's eve.   I grew up with my brothers and sisters having their own birthday party,  but I never had one.  It was always a nye party,   sometimes there was cake involved.   I have never gotten 2 separate gifts,  it has always been 'this is your Christmas AND birthday present.    Once,  just once,  I want my birthday celebrated over new year's.   

Yeah,  I know I am being a whiny baby, but wtf? Why should anyone share their birthday with a holiday?
(11-30-2022, 04:05 PM)cannongal Wrote: Yeah,  I know I am being a whiny baby, but wtf? Why should anyone share their birthday with a holiday?

You shouldn't have to and the people in your life should have made sure that you didn't. If no one is going to do it for you, do it for yourself. I'm serious. Do it. Throw yourself a party and make sure people know it's your birthday party, not a NYE party. Start making a plan right now!

User and I once argued about this subject in here. She insisted that people with holiday birthdays got one gift, I disagreed, but only because my opinion was formed by personal experience.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Here's how it goes:

Hey,  I'm throwing a birthday party for myself on nye.

Guest:  why nye? 

Me: because that's my birthday. 

Guest: so, it's a nye party

Me: no, it's a birthday party.  

Guest:  well,  I want to go to a nye party.   

Me:  what about my birthday?  

Guest:  too bad.  You should have waited awhile.
Time and time again,   if I call it 'a birthday party for cannongal,  nobody shows up.    If I call it a new year's eve party,  60 people show up.   

If I have a cake for myself,  nobody cares.   If I call it a nye cake,  everyone wants some.   

I didn't do anything last year.   My dad, who was the only one to differentiate the 2. Was the only one to wish me a hb.   Meh!
My aunt's birthday is on Christmas Eve, she had the same problem.
(11-30-2022, 04:45 PM)sally Wrote: My aunt's birthday is on Christmas Eve, she had the same problem.

Growing up,  I had a friend named Noel, who was born on Christmas eve.    Her parents always had a party for her,  right on Christmas eve.   I was so jealous of her,   she got to open presents at her party,  and again the next day (Christmas day).
Celebrate it in July then. Or June 1st, your un-birthday.

mine is 4 days the other way
(11-30-2022, 06:10 PM)BigMark Wrote: mine is 4 days the other way

Winter Solstice, baybay. Right? HuhHuhHuh?
Si me bonita.
Speaking of Birthdays, Maggs was the one who always wished each one of us in Mock a happy a Birthday on our day. Looks like that’s over.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

i do that on another site, mucho trabajo.
(11-30-2022, 09:40 PM)Carsman Wrote: Speaking of Birthdays, Maggs was the one who always wished each one of us in Mock a happy a Birthday on our day. Looks like that’s over.

He was!  But only if your birthday was public.   I remember my first year here, in which ladycop wished everyone who listed their birthday as January 1st,  and then questioned whetherit was their real birthday.  At the time, I was glad that I made my birthday private  hah
(11-30-2022, 06:08 PM)MirahM Wrote: Celebrate it in July then. Or June 1st, your un-birthday.

Have you done this?  Have you thrown yourself an unbirthday party?
You shouldn't have to celebrate your special day on a different day! I don't know why I am so agitated by this.   52
Nobody should have to do an 'unbirthday '  unless they feel entitled to shit.   My granddaughters bday is dec 29th.  She never got the school party.  A couple of years ago,  her mother decided to have an 'unbirthday ' at the end of july, and nobody showed up.   Picture a 9 year old crying her eyes out.  I kinda wish Mirah 2 days or diarrhea for suggesting it.
My husband completely forgot my birthday one year. He came home from work and told me I should pick up some salmon for dinner and I hate salmon. I told him to fucking pick it up and cook it himself and he asked why I was being such a bitch. He didn't realize until the next day that it was my birthday.
(12-01-2022, 11:21 AM)cannongal Wrote:  I kinda wish Mirah 2 days or diarrhea for suggesting it.

Hey now. Love Child is not a malicious female. She was throwing out a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less, she certainly wasn't intending to insult you, that's not how she rolls.
(12-01-2022, 11:03 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 06:08 PM)MirahM Wrote: Celebrate it in July then. Or June 1st, your un-birthday.

Have you done this?  Have you thrown yourself an unbirthday party?

In school we used to have parties for those that had birthdays in the summer. I was one of those. I guess I never thought of it much, but I get it.
A person shouldn't have to combine thier bday w/ a holiday. That sucks.

There was a person at work that used to acknowledge people's unbirthdays-it was thier thing, but never a party for it.

Happy Birthday CG may you get a hottie ptottie for your birthday.
If i have typos my neural pathways are fucked right now.