Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico Dogs
I recently heard about dogs that are shipped up to WA State from Mexico for people to adopt (buy)
and then the bus gets cleaned and ships people's goods down to Mexico.

And here I always felt guilty seeing tons of "adopt me" videos, messages, pictures, ads and I always felt bad that so many are leaving them behind or whatever the story is and they aren't even from the U.S.! They are from Mexico! As if we didn't have a big enough problem with stray animals they are bringing more in! Across the border!

Unbelievable!

We have a lot dogs brought up here from the southern states.   We have a huge spay/neuter campaign up here, so we don't have a lot of puppies available,  unless we ship them in from other states.   Unfortunately,  in new England,  it's extremely easy to declare yourself a rescue and have dogs shipped to you.   We don't have an overrun of dogs, per se, we have an overrun of rescues.   (ar least in my area)

Getting back to Mexico.   They have been shipping dogs to the US for years before covid happened.   Covid shut everything down, and since Mexico doesn't have a national spay/neuter program,  their stay dog/puppy population exploded.  Now that restrictions have eased up.  The rescues in Mexico are shipping as many dogs up here as they can.

As long as there are rescues in the US willing to take the dogs in,  Mexico will continue to ship them out.
I didn't know that animals were brought in from a different country, but my state often gets animals from other states, usually after natural disasters like hurricanes, tornados, wildfires and within the past few months we got dogs from a big testing lab.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It cost a lot of effort and money to get the right documents for travel into Europe plus chartering a special plane for our dog.
(12-03-2022, 10:00 AM)BigMark Wrote: It cost a lot of effort and money to get the right documents for travel into Europe plus chartering a special plane for our dog.

Are you & Mrs. Biggie worried about her flying alone in her kennel?  I would be, but only because it would be out of my control and I couldn't manage it.

Do you either one of you have an iPhone? I ask because you could put one of those tracker tags on her collar.

Don't mind me, this is the kind of shit I think about so I can head off any disaster my mind can conquer up.  78
She is riding on our laps.
I am so relieved to read that. I didn't want to mention the animals that died riding in the cargo. What a horror that would be!
I meant flying rather than riding. *sigh*
One way flight $7000...
Woooooo

I get it!
Wow.

we bought the the trackers to put in our belongings being sent from north carolina to portugal.
I think pet stores charging a couple grand for "designer puppies" is more obscene than trying to ship animals north to find them homes. As to the return shipping: when I was working retail in Oregon, the migrant workers would routinely come in and buy the biggest most expensive tvs they could using their earnings, and would all come to me because I knew a little Spanish and wasn't a dick to them. They said it was because US law prevented large sums of money from being sent down there without substantial fees, but they could buy all kinds of shit and send it home, resell it down there, and make far better profit for their families.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Cemex had a brilliant idea, they could open an account here and the could get building materials in Mexico, no fees!