Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COOKING MISTAKES
I know many of you like to cook and you do it well. Have you ever made mistake/s that you look back on and laugh?

I'd be interested in reading about your cooking catastrophes if you have any. I once burnt pork chops so badly on the grill that the bone disintegrated, but the worst one was probably when I was baking a ham and wanted to use toothpicks to cover it in pineapple slices. All I had were toothpicks left from Christmas and I used the green ones. It was awful, like gangrene. Some of you have already heard that story. I don't want Sally to holler at me. She scares me and I'm trying to keep a good vibe going today.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
baking soda instead of baking powder, the cupcakes blew up then slumped.
Most of my mistakes involve things that I thought would go together well,  but didn't. 

I once tried to make a chicken stuffing out of saltine crackers,  a can of tomato sauce,  and onions.   Great idea my mind,  but crackers are not croutons,  and crackers soak up liquid differently than croutons.   

The tomato sauce turned everything to a pinkish orange color,  and the only 2 guys that ate it were from Kentucky  hah
Too much butter, over cooked, not mixed very well chocolate cookie dough. The cookies suprisingly came out edible enough. My step niece liked them anyway.
Got drunk and overcooked a $400 prime rib.
Ouch.

I dropped a bowl of hamburger meat on the floor, but just picked it up, wiped it off and made the hamburgers anyway. I was around 12 or 13, I don't remember the exact time.

Also as a kid forgot to drain the water from the macaroni before adding the cheese powder.

I don't think I've had enough parties as an adult where I've had instances like this-any "mistakes" I make when I cook for myself are just things I will eat anyway.

Dear immortals, I need some wow gold inspiration to create.