Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Hired
The current process for getting hired in some companies doesn't sit right with me. I go to work for people I have never met in person and go to work in a building I have never been in-unless I drive around it. If you are applying for jobs that require a background check you get several emails saying you will be recieving an email to do a background check...but then are waiting on that email and it takes days or weeks.
Alot of these protocols happened during covid, but I don't like it. It is impersonal and I like to make connections with people (even tho I am guilty of not making eye contact) It feels wierd going in to a place cold when I have never met them.
oh also-if I have a simple question I have no one to ask. It is really ridiculous. I am glad these are only temporary positions.

I like how you grind & you're not a slacker. You're always pursuing something and I admire that quality. You're a doer.

I wouldn't want to go in "cold" either and having someone to ask questions of is how most people learn.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It is annoying.
The other annoying aspect about jobs is having to use your own cell phone or computer for work. That is BS and people fo it because they need to work.

I like keeping busy. Plus I need income. The ferries just opened thier positions too. I knew that was coming this month. It will be a process to get on there also.

(01-11-2023, 04:25 PM)MirahM Wrote: The ferries just opened thier positions too. I knew that was coming this month. It will be a process to get on there also.

Why? You've got experience! Employers love experienced hires.
Those kind of jobs take a while is all.

i thought she was queen of the ferries...
(01-11-2023, 03:39 PM)Duchess Wrote: I like how you grind & you're not a slacker. You're always pursuing something and I admire that quality. You're a doer.

I wouldn't want to go in "cold" either and having someone to ask questions of is how most people learn.

Thanks. I usually have a trainer, but its during the hiring process that I don't have someone to ask questions of-I remember back in the day when there would be an orientation and you would be able to find out everything there, now I have to text or email everyone and wait for a response, and rarely get a phone call either. Ugh.

She puts the tinder, in grinder!
I would love to grind on a ferry right now.

I keep reading this as getting hard. Which I imagine is a bigger problem with the old fucks around here.
Little Aussie started working in her first job 3 weeks ago. Working in a bakery. Today this young "manager" fired her. I was there, I let loose and let her have it. My kid is intelligent, hard working and has integrity. They scapegoated her and hung shit on her that wasn't true.

The owner is some gizillionare, I got onto him and gave him a serve too. I told him I was going to report his practices to government agencies. He now wants a meeting with my child tomorrow at 3.30pm. I don't want her to go there, but she wants to.

Arsehole.
I've had those experiences too. Best to just move on. I'm sorry that happened, hopefully she bounces back and finds a much better place to work.

I got sent a form to fill out, at 2 AM saying I have 14 hours to do so. 2 AM.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
ALSO-I just looked at the documents-there are 12. 12 Documents-I used to do this stuff at a job and get paid for it, you usually get paid to sit and fill out your documents. Such b.s. LOL I am not excited about this job anymore. Fuck it. (I'm doin it, just not happy about it)

Employment contracts are borderline violations of human rights. We're heading back to the dark ages.
AND THEN THEY WANT A SURVEY ABOUT THE PROCESS. FFS

Ask for a raise.
I did already! LOL. They said they started me at the higher rate. I have nothing to lose at this point.

I was half serious. I hate having to jump through hoops like a circus dog. It's degrading.