Living In The Past
It's all her fault!    I'm the victim, here.  The the snow, the trees, sport driving and now Springsteen . . . Mirah caused this.  

Causing me to rummage through a box of old cassettes and firing up the old-school entertainment system.

This one was labeled Ski II.  Had to listen to the whole thing to know what was taped.

Here's the list . . . from days gone by, when life was simple and exciting.

Blondie – Rapture

Pretenders – Tattooed Love Boys

Talking Heads – Making Flippy Floppy

Bruce Springsteen – Kitty’s Back In Town

Steely Dan – Time Out of Mind

The Cars – Tonight She Comes

Firefall - Cinderella

Pure Prairie League - Amie

Doobie Brothers – Steamer Lane Breakdown

Pat Metheny – Cross the Heartland

Squeeze – Annie Get Your Gun

Grateful Dead – Eyes of The World

UB40 – Sing Our Own Song

Bruce Cockburn – Wonder Where The Lions Are

XTC – Senses Working Overtime

Elvis Costello – Pump It Up

David Bowie – Golden Years

Brian Ferry – Kiss and Tell

Tears for Fears – Change

The Cure - Lovesong

The Church – Under The Milky Way

Simple Minds – Don’t You Forget About Me

Psychedelic Furs – The Ghost In You

Scary thing is, I still remember all the lyrics  . . . and the runs I skied while listening to each track.
That is an awesome playlist. Great for a drive!  hah

Created at a time when I thought the answers to life's questions and problems, could be found in the lyrics of songs.

And music was the key . . . to unlock one's emotions. 
(02-28-2023, 12:32 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Created at a time when I thought the answers to life's questions and problems, could be found in the lyrics of songs.

You're welcome...

(02-28-2023, 12:32 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Created at a time when I thought the answers to life's questions and problems, could be found in the lyrics of songs.

ou think now?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Now . . . maybe 10% for answers, with lyrics . . . at least for the questions and problems I have now.

Down to 60% for unlocking emotions.
I think I just stopped looking for answers
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(02-28-2023, 10:18 PM)crash Wrote: I think I just stopped looking for answers

I wish I still didn't have questions.
I got to the point of removing things that dont add value for me. Sure, it’s noble to have a cause, and I still help charities with cash, kind and manual labour; that’s a bit of enrichment.

I realised at some point though, questioning things that are far, far out of anyone’s control, was just adding to the negative, no matter how noble it felt.

I still vote with my vote, I still vote with my feet and my dollar, that’s about it. It’s taken me a while, but I can actually clear my head enough now to even ignore an itch. No thoughts, no headnoise, just nothing
Solid outlook and game plan.

I'm inching closer to it everyday . . . 

Soon . . . I'll be there . . . soon.

Just not today.

I love that you wrote that.

Alanis Morissette was the key for me and last week I found myself listening to some Taylor Swift songs I hadn't heard before and my reaction was, "Yeah! Right on!"

But I too am not attached to it all like before. I think that is maturity. I recently read someone's post I follow on twitter and they basically said that whoever  they date better like hard rock and roll music or else.
I get those sort of connections, but I could give a fuck what someone listens to. It always seems wierd that music was such a deciding factor for relationships at one time.

@Tiki...

Sooo.....speaking of living in the past.
I've been cleaning and organizing and un-organizing and I found in my jewelry box some belly-button jewelry that I bought but never wore. (I used to wear a belly button ring) SOOOO I decided it was a great idea to put in the jewelry and see how it looks and feels. So fucking stupid.
No, nothing is infected, everything is fine, but it looks seriously stupid.

I have a navel piercing too and I still wear a belly ring. If it were seen, I probably wouldn't, I'm a little old for that shit.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-04-2023, 06:30 AM)Duchess Wrote: I have a navel piercing too and I still wear a belly ring. If it were seen, I probably wouldn't, I'm a little old for that shit.

Go for it, D! You're only as old as you feel. When I was a cashier at Price Chopper, I saw an old(70-80 year old) woman come through my line, dressed like she was still in her 20's with the youthful energy to match. Look at Dick Van Dyke still acting like a kid at 97. He will outlive us all.
(03-04-2023, 09:13 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:  I saw an old(70-80 year old) woman come through my line, dressed like she was still in her 20's with the youthful energy to match. 

I see those people out there too and I always admire them & hope to be like that when I'm their age.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
she was on fentanyl.
(03-04-2023, 06:30 AM)Duchess Wrote: I have a navel piercing too and I still wear a belly ring. If it were seen, I probably wouldn't, I'm a little old for that shit.

I wish mine was a ring. That is what used to be there. This is a 12 ring thing w/ a jewel on each end. It isn't even my birthstone. I don't know why I bought it. I recall it was the only kind. I made it through the night with it in. Maybe I will keep it.

(03-04-2023, 09:41 AM)WillDuchess Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 09:13 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:  I saw an old(70-80 year old) woman come through my line, dressed like she was still in her 20's with the youthful energy to match. 

I see those people out there too and I always admire them & hope to be like that when I'm their age.

I will dress the same until the day I die. Jeans, t-shirt and flip flops. It's just a normal look, not young or old. I'm not going to be one of those old ladies that cut my hair short and wear purple slacks.
To both Myrah and Duchess . . . 

Your piercing stories were a GREAT foundation to get me laughing this morning.

I thought about me . . .  putting in jewelry . . . with the price tag still attached.

And the delighted look on my lover's face, after slowly and passionately kissing my neck  . . . proceeding to do the same down my body . . . and noticing my navel piercing.

" Only $20 bucks?  Wow!  I thought tonight was gonna cost me at least two large! "

Yeah . . . I'm the Geico whore of physical pleasure and desire.