Who believes....
In life after death,  God and eternity?  Do you still go to church?
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you made this thread. I am curious if people believe in reincarnation. I was at this place last weekend and this person said they found out who they were in a past life. It was kind of strange. I never thought about those sort of things.

I guess I do believe in heaven, but I don't even know what that is like. And thinking about hell isn't pleasant. I believe in God, or a higher power, a spiritual universe.

I go to a Lutheran church in town. But not all the time. I used to be more close minded, now I am more open and like studying other beliefs and contmeplating them.

(02-28-2023, 07:07 AM)Piglet Wrote: In life after death,  God and eternity?  Do you still go to church?

I believe in life after death, ghosts, God, Angels and demons,time travel, aliens, reincarnation but I don't go to Church anymore.
I believe in God, but I don't believe I have to sit in a pew at church to show that I do. Nature is my church.

I frequently talk to dead loved ones in my head. I tell my Mom that she was right about pretty much everything. I wish I could have come to that conclusion while she was alive, she would have loved hearing that from me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
How could I believe in something that I don't know exists for sure? So no, I do not go church. The last time was when I was a kid and my grandparents made me go. It was creepy as fuck, a bunch of fruitcakes kneeling down in the dark with candles while drinking grapejuice and eating little pinches of bread.
(02-28-2023, 08:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: I believe in God, but I don't believe I have to sit in a pew at church to show that I do. Nature is my church.

I frequently talk to dead loved ones in my head. I tell my Mom that she was right about pretty much everything. I wish I could have come to that conclusion while she was alive, she would have loved hearing that from me.

That's kind of how I feel about Church.The pangs of  Catholic guilt get less and less each year.
I do not (and have stated many times) support corporate religion.
I believe, undoubtably so, there is so much to take in. Astronomy suggests that the Universe is eternal, unlimited. If you imagine an NFL football, it is curved, if you measure it from one point to another, a curve will show, no curve has ever been found in the Universe, no matter how vast the distances. If the universe is eternal, so are we. There are near death e4xperiences, all are awesome, Dr Mary Neals is astounding.

Then there is the subconscious mind, our waking consciousness is only 10 per cent, what is the rest doing? According to various people, its our link to the Universe, god and all there is. The Bible states, " ask and it will be given", and it is. I have asked for impossible things, and by jiminy, it happens. Over and over. The Bible also states that " ye are gods", humans have dominion over all.

How you ask is important, and amazingly, you dont need a belief. One example is that my partner has had two deep brain cancer tumours removed, the second seven years ago in Birmingham. After the operation we had an appointment with the consultant, Mcmillan nurses were in attendance, McMillan nurses are nurses for the dying.

Then she didnt. She is fine today. I asked, in the right way. My first love got in touch......etc
(03-01-2023, 06:42 AM)Piglet Wrote: I believe, undoubtably so, there is so much to take in.  Astronomy suggests that the Universe is eternal, unlimited.    If you imagine an NFL football, it is curved, if you measure it from one point to another, a curve will show, no curve has ever been found in the Universe, no matter how vast the distances.  If the universe is eternal, so are we.      There are near death e4xperiences, all are awesome, Dr Mary Neals is astounding.

Then there is the subconscious mind, our waking consciousness is only 10 per cent, what is the rest doing?  According to various people, its our link to the Universe, god and all there is.  The Bible states, " ask and it will be given", and it is.  I have asked for impossible things, and by jiminy, it happens. Over and over.  The Bible also states that " ye are gods",  humans have dominion over all.

How you ask is important, and amazingly, you dont need a belief.  One example is that my partner has had two deep brain cancer  tumours removed, the second seven years ago in Birmingham.  After the operation we had an appointment with the consultant, Mcmillan nurses were in attendance, McMillan nurses are nurses for the dying.

Then she didnt.  She is fine today.  I asked, in the right way.  My first love got in touch......etc

You're implying that she lived because of how you asked. "I asked, in the right way". That says those who didn't ask in the right way, died. That's not how it works and God doesn't play favorites. You think God honors those who have good sentence structure. C'mon.
If only the magic skydaddy did believe that and it was true! I want to come back as a lesbian, again..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(03-01-2023, 06:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 06:42 AM)Piglet Wrote: I believe, undoubtably so, there is so much to take in.  Astronomy suggests that the Universe is eternal, unlimited.    If you imagine an NFL football, it is curved, if you measure it from one point to another, a curve will show, no curve has ever been found in the Universe, no matter how vast the distances.  If the universe is eternal, so are we.      There are near death e4xperiences, all are awesome, Dr Mary Neals is astounding.

Then there is the subconscious mind, our waking consciousness is only 10 per cent, what is the rest doing?  According to various people, its our link to the Universe, god and all there is.  The Bible states, " ask and it will be given", and it is.  I have asked for impossible things, and by jiminy, it happens. Over and over.  The Bible also states that " ye are gods",  humans have dominion over all.

How you ask is important, and amazingly, you dont need a belief.  One example is that my partner has had two deep brain cancer  tumours removed, the second seven years ago in Birmingham.  After the operation we had an appointment with the consultant, Mcmillan nurses were in attendance, McMillan nurses are nurses for the dying.

Then she didnt.  She is fine today.  I asked, in the right way.  My first love got in touch......etc

You're implying that she lived because of how you asked. "I asked, in the right way". That says those who didn't ask in the right way, died. That's not how it works and God doesn't play favorites. You think God honors those who have good sentence structure. C'mon.

It's true, it works. Remember when I told you my neighborhood was having  a problem with a rat infestation? Well one day one got in my garage and I yelled "for God's sake I wish these rats would leave." The next thing you know all the rats disappeared and we have a few hundred stray cats now.
I'm not going to ask for the cats to leave for God's sake. I'm scared of what they might be replaced with.
(03-01-2023, 10:40 AM)sally Wrote: It's true, it works. Remember when I told you my neighborhood was having  a problem with a rat infestation? Well one day one got in my garage and I yelled "for God's sake I wish these rats would leave." The next thing you know all the rats disappeared and we have a few hundred stray cats now.

hah  I can't tell you how comforting it is to see my Mom's dry sense of humor in you. It's wild & crazy cool, sometimes unnerving, but it always gives me a lovely feeling.
"I asked, in the right way".    "You think God honors those who have good sentence structure." 

hah
That's a true story and it literally happened over night. The next day I saw a big tom cat walk past my house that I have never seen before and then more and more cats. Orange, black, white, fat, scrawny... I asked my neighbor where in the fuck are all these cats coming from, they just keep multiplying. I posted the picture here of the kittens they had under my house.
 If you imagine an NFL football, it is curved, if you measure it from one point to another, a curve will show, no curve has ever been found in the Universe, no matter how vast the distances. If the universe is eternal, so are we.

Then it took your fucking eye out, Allah akbar!
Samson successfully used the jawbone of an ass, to assault and kill the Philistines.

Piglet's "truths" are merely words . . . from  the jawbone of an ass.
(02-28-2023, 08:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: I believe in God, but I don't believe I have to sit in a pew at church to show that I do. Nature is my church.

Exactly.

Its not about using the right words. Its about ....damn, the American in me is screaming, shall i post up a paying in number? One third of it is imagining your desired outcome, that in your head, you picture youself with your desired outcome.

For instance, punching in your pin number in a hole in the wall for a bank statement, and seeing your current account showing five million dollars.

Your mind has its own dimension, a thought has its own life, its own reality. There is a part that needs to be used for " it" to work, and its not getting an A in english. Jawbone of an ass eh Tiki? We would have made such sweet music...Miss. Or Mrs.

I am a naturally curious person Duchess, what were your mothers beliefs?. If you post it, there is a danger of those beliefs, and yours being shown to be untrue, thats how life is. I love sitting in church, peace descends and i talk to god. Like you i also do it walking my dog in the Fens, i have a rosary in my coat pocket.

God doesnt play favourites indeed, you are one, start acting like it.
(03-02-2023, 08:01 AM)Piglet Wrote: God doesnt play favourites indeed, you are one, start acting like it.

I'm one of God's favorites?