Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU LIKE TO TAKE CRUISES . . . . . .
. . . Cause you now can live on a cruise ship for $30,000 a year, per passenger, for three year contract. Cruise starts November 1st 2023.

The MV Gemini will take three years to travel round the world.
135 countries, 375 ports of call, across seven continents, covering 130,000 miles.
All amenities, meals, gym, laundry, drinks, entertainment included. 

I like cruising, however, I don’t think I would like a three year stint! 

So do you think you would like to cruise for three years?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I definitely could do it.

I've never been on a cruise however and have never thought of one for a vacation.

I would also just have to pretend I hadn't heard any news stories of nightmare horror stories happening on cruises in the way of the pandemic.

But alas, I don't have $30,000 to give away a year, but it sounds reasonable.

I went on a 3 hour cruise once. Tiny boat, very overcrowded. Not a big fan of cruises. But my oldest brother Jim and his wife love them. They go on a cruise several times a year.
Love 'em!

First one 40 years ago and have logged 28 since then.

After the first ten, I've never booked anything less than 10 days (except once).
never been. We just spent more than that the last seven months staying in airbnbs.
A number of cruise ships have come down with covid and had to disembark for quarantine. Would that be the end of the cruise, and would the passengers be reimbursed?

Seems a very risky proposition for the demographic most likely to partake of this "opportunity".
Cruiseman
Captain Carsman

I think it wouldn't be a horrible deal for a senior, they got everything all inclusive for 30 grand a year, which is less than the average senior living facility and WAY better accommodations and perks.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I think it sounds like a bargain. No cooking! Weeeee! However, I would miss trees and grass and animals.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Big cruises damage the environment and polute the ocean. Hate them.
(03-17-2023, 11:01 AM)Duchess Wrote: I think it sounds like a bargain. No cooking! Weeeee! However, I would miss trees and grass and animals.

You would be visiting 135 countries, 375 ports of call, so you would be seeing trees, grass, and animals of all kinds!
And you’re right, it is a bargain. Three years of getting housing, all meals, beverages, laundry done, maid service, all kinds of entertainment, and companionship. And not to mention, seeing the world as well. 

Carsman, if the cruise is a shithouse you are stuck on that thing. Unless you are rich enough to be sitting with Captain Stubbing at his table, then don't take the risk. I have heard you can't even do the activities on the cruise because they all get booked up, like ringing a competition line. Give it a miss.
Addit: Carsman, if you ever consider a cruise, watch all the cruise videos on YouTube. I think they are pointless, and pollute the ocean. More a nuisance than a service to the community.
(04-15-2023, 05:27 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Addit: Carsman, if you ever consider a cruise, watch all the cruise videos on YouTube. I think they are pointless, and pollute the ocean. More a nuisance than a service to the community.

Over the years I’ve been on at least a dozen cruses, majority great, a few only acceptable. 
A lot has to do with the weather, if it’s stormy it can be somewhat uncomfortable. 

(The cruise industry is aware and addressing pollution issues)

They keep poo pooing the issue.
Carsman, that's fine if it's your thing. It's not my thing, although I wouldn't mind one of those billionare superyachts sort of cruise. I don't like crowds unless they are coming to see me perform.
Her stage name is Yaughty Girl!
(04-16-2023, 10:41 AM)BigMark Wrote: Her stage name is Yaughty Girl!

I just Yacht'd up my lunch.
(04-16-2023, 12:51 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Oh fuck off Clang, I am not a bloody pole dancer, I will leave that up to you chum bum, also I was joking. I just meant, I couldn't stand having to line up for dinner and all those crowds. Also, bad shit happens on those yachts. There was a woman in Brisbane who went on one and died. Nobody was ever charged, she was drugged and raped.
(04-16-2023, 06:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 12:51 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Oh fuck off Clang, I am not a bloody pole dancer, I will leave that up to you chum bum, also I was joking. I just meant, I couldn't stand having to line up for dinner and all those crowds. Also, bad shit happens on those yachts. There was a woman in Brisbane who went on one and died. Nobody was ever charged, she was drugged and raped.

Take a chill pill, Cuntess. I too was joking. It's all in good fun. Lobbing a few friendly barbs at you makes my bad days brighter.