Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you relate to this?
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8YSX21g/

(08-29-2023, 12:42 AM)MirahM Wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8YSX21g/

I used to be alot like that. Lately, I get pee anxiety and have trouble peeing if there are too many people in the bathroom at work.
No, I can't, but maybe parts of it when I was much younger.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Living with a teenager in the house they often say, "Don't look at me!" even when I am just looking in thier general direction. It makes me laugh how they are.

Also-I have lived "in community" the last time I lived in the mountains-I had shared space.

I experienced these feelings because there were people that had to comment on EVERYTHING-and it usually had to do more w/ them than me. They had to comment on my food, what I was wearing, watching, everything. It was annoying.

AND currently the person that is helping me for a month is the same way. He will touch my coffee mug and ask how I like my coffee, what I packed for lunch, the reason I am wearing a shirt, the way I tie my shoes, EVERything, it is so annoying. And I think the guy is lonely and needs to get a life so he has to comment on everything else people are doing because he is bored.

I am so mean.

(08-29-2023, 12:03 PM)MirahM Wrote: I am so mean.

It's not mean to not like it. Having someone up in your business is annoying & I don't know if I would be able to resist saying that. It would make me feel snarky.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have to bite my tongue a million times a day with this person around. It will only last 3 more days. Yay. Since they've been here I've been able to take some time off

You’re a paranoid mental case. They’re just making conversation and judging every single thing about you. It’s not a big deal.
He sounds like he needs a good pegging.
Yeup, that is why I asked if anyone can relate. I'm not as bad as the person in the video-and I find it annoying that i think many kids may be growing up this way where people can't make simple conversation or exist together.

I know it has something to do w/ someone I lived with or how I grew up or something that fucked it up for me, I Know its not "NORMAL"

https://www.tiktok.com/@morgaanfoley/vid...5471379754

Wife: “What? Why are you looking at me all crazy like that all the time?” Husband: “I wasn’t looking at you I was looking out the goddamn window, why you always think I’m up to something looking at you, nobody wants to look at your ass.” Is this the kind of paranoia you’re talking about?
This kind of thing is called mental illness, Mirah. My suggestion is not to worry about what people think of you. It almost got to me the other day when I went to the dentist and then I said fuck that, I’m wearing the flip flops with my dirty feet showing. And drinking six beers before I get there.
(08-29-2023, 11:50 PM)MirahM Wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/@morgaanfoley/vid...5471379754

I'd be interested to know how much time she spends on social media, and how much value she attaches to physical interaction.
(08-30-2023, 12:50 AM)sally Wrote: This kind of thing is called mental illness, Mirah. My suggestion is not to worry about what people think of you.  It almost got to me the other day when I went to the dentist and then I said fuck that, I’m wearing the flip flops with my dirty feet showing. And drinking six beers before I get there.

I once went to the doctor without washing my groin area which the doctor needed to examine. I didn't give a fuck.

Went to my mom.and dad's funeral in shorts and a tshirt and sneakers. I didn't give a fuck.
Dude.
(08-30-2023, 07:09 AM)BigMark Wrote: Dude.

What? I didn't have a suit and even if I did, I should sad AND  uncomfortable?

The groin thing, yeah that's gross to me now. I don't what teen Clang was thinking. Makes me not surprised that I'm still a virgin.
(08-30-2023, 01:07 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 11:50 PM)MirahM Wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/@morgaanfoley/vid...5471379754

I'd be interested to know how much time she spends on social media, and how much value she attaches to physical interaction.

Why about physical? She appears young.

If she is making regular videos she probably spends a good deal on social media and it is probably helpful to her and others.

(08-30-2023, 10:52 AM)MirahM Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:07 AM)rothschild Wrote:

Why about physical? She appears young.

If she is making regular videos she probably spends a good deal on social media and it is probably helpful to her and others.

I'm interested in understanding this phenomenon because it's becoming increasingly prevalent. I'm personally familiar with self-consciousness and social anxiety, as a result of PTSD, but neurodivergence strikes me as something related to environmental contamination. Psycho-environmental sensitivity, if you will.

I consider physical human interaction to be necessary for psychlogical well-being, and society is increasingly discouraging that, which is alarming. I won't get into automation because that's a different topic, but I think it's related.
Today my co-worker looked at the bag I brought in, (one of those re-usable grocery bags) opened it more to touch the cardigan that I put into it because it warmed up AND not only just touched it but moved it around and then began talking about clothing color choices for men and women.
WTF

AND then after work many of us often go to the deli/bakery/ice cream shop to get snacks. I got ice cream, he walks over and has to really look at what kind I got and then ask about it, "What did you get, a sundae? It looks good" "Yes" i said, when really all I got was a scoop of ice cream with some choc sauce on top.

He is the one w/ the problem w/ boundaries.