Where is the first aid thread?
Just kidding! There isn't one because that would be gross and I would never open it!

I seem to have gotten something in my eye so I tried flushing it out and have not been succesful. Maybe it just itches because it was scratched. I don't know.
If I find my eye drops I might try those, but I don't know if I'm not supposed to use that on having something in one's eye? I will open up the wide web and find out

Ahh it suggest a shower. That sounds like a good idea.

Does everyone have a good sized first aid kit handy? Where do you keep yours? Do you have one in your car?

I just bought butterfly bandages and neosporin today.
(11-13-2023, 09:16 PM)MirahM Wrote: Ahh it suggest a shower. That sounds like a good idea.

Does everyone have a good sized first aid kit handy? Where do you keep yours? Do you have one in your car?

I keep my first aid kit in the bathroom. Band-aids, bandages, hydrogen peroxide.
(11-13-2023, 10:27 PM)BigMark Wrote: I just bought butterfly bandages and neosporin today.

Good idea!

My eye is much better now.

(11-13-2023, 10:37 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 09:16 PM)MirahM Wrote: Ahh it suggest a shower. That sounds like a good idea.

I keep my first aid kit in the bathroom. Band-aids, bandages, hydrogen peroxide.

Good job!

I hate when I get something in my and can’t get it out, bugs the shit out of me. It could be a sty too. A warm tea bag or cloth helps. I don’t have a first aid kit, I don’t even think I have band aids.
Dang Sally.

It isn't a sty, it happened while I was building a fire.

(11-13-2023, 09:16 PM)MirahM Wrote: Does everyone have a good sized first aid kit handy? Where do you keep yours? Do you have one in your car?

I recently declined a big one because I didn't have room for it. I have the basics--band-aides & neosporin and Tylenol (in the medicine cabinet) and I think I still have ice packs in the freezer. I don't have any of that in my car, but now that you have drawn my attention to this I'm thinking maybe I should.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have some aspirin and neosporin, but that’s about it. If anyone is hurt worse than that then there is a hospital up the street.
(11-14-2023, 01:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 09:16 PM)MirahM Wrote: Does everyone have a good sized first aid kit handy? Where do you keep yours? Do you have one in your car?

I recently declined a big one because I didn't have room for it. I have the basics--band-aides & neosporin and Tylenol (in the medicine cabinet) and I think I still have ice packs in the freezer. I don't have any of that in my car, but now that you have drawn my attention to this I'm thinking maybe I should.

I rarely use the one in my car, but since I drive over my passes I keep it there.

I had to update the one at work, it was so old the bandages were falling apart.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...ipo=images]
BayBee, come to mama.    99
Awww so sweet

(11-14-2023, 03:24 PM)MirahM Wrote: I had to update the one at work, it was so old the bandages were falling apart.

Good for you for even checking! Gawd! It's not like the people there can call 911 and the EMT's will be there in a matter of minutes. They need to think about having even the most basic of first aid.
Yes.
I needed a bandaid from a papercut probably lol.

There are 2 people that live and work here who are EMT's. I can radio them for assistance and there are people with radios where we can get a helicopter if we need to. I will soon have a radio.

(11-14-2023, 07:02 PM)MirahM Wrote: There are 2 people that live and work here who are EMT's. I can radio them for assistance and there are people with radios where we can get a helicopter if we need to. I will soon have a radio.

This is wonderful to read! I can stop thinking about every awful scenario my imagination has come up with.
Yeah and if I die, at least I die happy in the middle of the wilderness, not in some city street. : )

Thank you for caring!

Is there anti-venom close by?
It’s rare, but if you’re the unlucky one to be bitten then anti venom close by is important. I just saw where an Amazon driver was bit by a rattle snake while delivering a package. She immediately collapsed and stopped breathing.