Do you?
Do you sew? Do you cook?  Do you know how to repair shit?
(01-15-2024, 12:03 PM)cannongal Wrote: Do you sew? Do you cook?  Do you know how to repair shit?

No. Can cook but rarely do. I can't repair shit. That's what mechanics, plumbers, doctors,etc are for. Speaking of repairing shit, I tried to buy a new phone this weekend but ended up just having them replace the charging port and cracked screen protector. $75 vs a couple hundred dollars.
I have a bench and tools. Starting to get my hardware stockpile back and yes I can cook, had some hoe made pasta sauce yesterday.
I sew a little, I cook, as far as repairing goes not really, but some stuff on my car I can replace.

(01-15-2024, 12:03 PM)cannongal Wrote: Do you sew? Do you cook?  Do you know how to repair shit?

No, I don't sew, I never took the time to learn, but I think it would be pretty fricken awesome to design and make my own clothes. It's a wonderful skill to have.

*sigh* Yaaaas, I cook, and aside from a couple of things, not well, and I don't like to have to do it, I'd rather dig a ditch.

Repair shit? Maybe, it depends. I know how to handle a hammer/staple gun/level. I've done home renovation.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Every thing in my house has been repaired because of YouTube.
Every thing in my house has been repaired because of YouTube.
Youtube is amazing. Taught me how to use the snowblower at work, and how to change the blend door actuator on my car and how to do shit in excel.

Yes, Yes, Yes. 

My mom taught me how to sew, and cook. She said in case I eventually married a woman who didn't know how to do those things I could survive just fine. 

My dad taught me how to repair most anything, including cars, and also how to build structures, and  do cement work.
(I was quite the catch) Smiley_emoticons_razz
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-15-2024, 06:44 PM)Carsman Wrote:

Yes, Yes, Yes. 

My mom taught me how to sew, and cook. She said in case I eventually married a woman who didn't know how to do those things I could survive just fine. 

My dad taught me how to repair most anything, including cars, and also how to build structures, and  do cement work.
(I was quite the catch) Smiley_emoticons_razz

My mom taught me how to be a bitch,  but that's besides the point.    I taught my boys how to sew a button and repair clothing.    My oldest used to get teased in school,  because he had an 'emergency ' sewing kit in his pocket all the time.   Than that kit was actually needed,  and he got the nickname 'macgyver '  (he keeps a lot of things in his pockets,  from masking tape to playing cards).   I taught them the basics of cooking,  and now my youngest cooks for his girlfriend all the time because she doesn't know how,  and isn't willing to learn.    I taught them how to repair shit and look up how to repair shit because some skills are just needed. 

I always believed in Red Greens' philosophy.    If women don't find you handsome,  they should find you handy.  hah
I'm always surprised to discover some men aren't handy, I have the expectation that ALL men be handy, or at least handier than me.  
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-18-2024, 09:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm always surprised to discover some men aren't handy, I have the expectation that ALL men be handy, or at least handier than me.  

Some men don't feel the need to be handy.  My bonus son is an example and a case study all by himself.   

My husband of 20 years still doesn't understand why my kids are doing better than his kids.   He wanted to give his kids better than what he grew up with.   What he doesn't realize is that he did great in life,  because of the way he grew up.   He gave his kids everything,  and now they feel entitled to shit.  It's been a point of contention,  hubs doesn't understand why my kids are so much better off,  meaning they support themselves and have decent jobs.      He thinks that I should have taught his kids too.  I tried,  they didn't want to learn anything.   ?‍♀️
(01-18-2024, 09:14 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 09:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm always surprised to discover some men aren't handy, I have the expectation that ALL men be handy, or at least handier than me.  

Some men don't feel the need to be handy.  My bonus son is an example and a case study all by himself.   

My husband of 20 years still doesn't understand why my kids are doing better than his kids.   He wanted to give his kids better than what he grew up with.   What he doesn't realize is that he did great in life,  because of the way he grew up.   He gave his kids everything,  and now they feel entitled to shit.  It's been a point of contention,  hubs doesn't understand why my kids are so much better off,  meaning they support themselves and have decent jobs.      He thinks that I should have taught his kids too.  I tried,  they didn't want to learn anything.   ?‍♀️

Yeah I wish I had been more receptive to my mom trying to teach me things, but I took after my Dad who wasn't handy and too tired after work to teach me anything  anyway. I'm too old, tired, lazy and set in my ways to change now.
Bullshit Clang

When I was going to school for business, I was feeling deflated sitting in the computer lab and I look over at this guy who looked to be in his 60's and he was learning how to build a web page. I said,"if he can do it, I can do it"
Then I stopped feeling sorry for myself and learned something new.

Then he jumped off a cliff and we never heard from Lovechild again, coincidence I think not!
(01-18-2024, 12:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: Bullshit Clang

Ok fine. I can change, I just lack the time, motivation, confidence, effort to do so.
There you go.
It's all about choices.

(01-18-2024, 12:54 PM)MirahM Wrote: When I was going to school for business, I was feeling deflated sitting in the computer lab and I look over at this guy who looked to be in his 60's and he was learning how to build a web page. I said,"if he can do it, I can do it"
Then I stopped feeling sorry for myself and learned something new.

I went to school for landscape design,  somewhere around 15 years ago.   It was an easy degree for me.  Then I learned that around here,  everyone and their grandfather had the same experience as a 2 year degree.  Talk about a slap in the face....
(01-18-2024, 11:22 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 09:14 AM)cannongal Wrote:

Yeah I wish I had been more receptive to my mom trying to teach me things, but I took after my Dad who wasn't handy and too tired after work to teach me anything  anyway. I'm too old, tired, lazy and set in my ways to change now.

It's only too late after you're in the ground!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!