Fireworks scare pets and vets
Keep them inside!

Sorry
bad joke
I know everyone here takes proper care of thier pets and especially during 4th of July fireworks.

I get slightly annoyed at all the posts on social media this time of year about it. AND how some people argue about how all vets are triggered by fireworks-and many are not!

My husband was.

He hated them.

Suddenly my favorite non religioius holiday became not so fun

Makes me sound like a bitch when I talk about it.

He kind of came around later on-we would actually go to this place to watch where they weren't so close.

What do you think of the LED shows?

I really sort of like the loud boom fireworks tho.

Here they have them in February in the snow because it is too dangerous this time of year.

BUT-when I went to the show I learned that someone's horses were nearby and freaking out. FUCKERS. WTF I Hate people who are in considerate.

There is no winning
nothing is easy
everything is difficult

(07-02-2024, 01:49 AM)MirahM Wrote: I get slightly annoyed at all the posts on social media this time of year about it. AND how some people argue about how all vets are triggered by fireworks-and many are not!

I see the same thing in my local groups.  Although there was one guy who tried to be logical about it.   He said that we all know july 4th happens on the same day every year and there's no reason not to make sure your pets are safe during the boom booms, yet every year we get the 'my dog ran off during the fireworks last night ' posts , like people had no idea it was the 4th.   Meh, the same thing can be said about Christmas.    Our salvation Army has sign ups for the entire month of October,  and they advertise the hell out of it throughout the month.   Yet, November 1st there's at least 10 people posting that they missed sign ups and now they don't know what they are going to do about Thanksgiving and Christmas.    Smdh!
Hello my name is Mark and I'm a pyromaniac.
Talking about fireworks & animals was one of the first topics I talked about in Mock when I first joined all those years ago. I have nothing nice to say. They would scare my horses so bad they would nearly run through the fence. Goddamn I've been pretty fuckin' mad about fireworks.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Interesting I would make a thread about it now!

Sorry about your horses.

I'm not so old & cranky that I've forgotten how fun fireworks can be. The thrill of the colors and the big (((booms))). I have fond memories of my childhood and the 4th of July was a big deal with a parade and fun & games all day topped off with the fireworks. As you noted, not all pet owners use good judgement and every year we hear about the pets that bolt.
My pitbull got such bad anxiety from it that she actually chewed the damn handle off of my front door one year while we were in the backyard grilling. The dogs I have now dont mind them, they go into pointing stance when they hear them.
(07-03-2024, 06:03 PM)sally Wrote:  they go into pointing stance when they hear them.

hah
[Image: GRmJQAxWwAE3I4Q?format=jpg&name=medium]
(07-03-2024, 06:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 06:03 PM)sally Wrote:  they go into pointing stance when they hear them.

hah

They run right next to me, point and wait for me to give the command to go get it. I didnt even train them to do that, they just instinctively do it. I would like to take them out hunting sometime, but that would require me to know how to hunt.
(07-03-2024, 11:38 PM)sally Wrote:  that would require me to know how to hunt.

I don't want to say you couldn't do it, that presumes too much, but when it comes to animals you are just like me and I don't see you being able to kill an animal. 
My fireworks go off tomorrow night.   We have to get a permit now (new ordinance instituted about 8 years ago,  probably because of me), anyway my dogs will be high as a kite during my fireworks show, thanks to the drugs my vet gives me for them.
Our dog is 16 now and can't hear shit.
Idiots causing fires in town
smoky skies
sister and I headed in to the thick of it
not happy
fucking fires
even agencies did back burning operations
idiotic