Skunks!
Are skunks world wide?  Are skunks only known to America?  

Recently I saw a post in my local Facebook group,  regarding skunks getting into her new chicken coup.  I gave her some options on how to deter them,  but I am wondering what others do when they find skunks on  their property?
I once ran into one in the barn and it sprayed me. It wasn't hard to get the smell off my body but it clung to my hair for days that turned into weeks.

Skunks are worldwide, but keep in mind there are 13 species in the skunk family.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I had a pet skunk when I was a kid. They remove the scent glands and sell them at the pet stores which is something I do not agree with, but nonetheless my dad bought one. Pepper the skunk and I bonded and we became best friends. I was the only one able to handle him as he would turn your hand into hamburger meat. Those little bastards will tear you up, my parents learned never to mess with him again.
(07-02-2024, 12:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: but it clung to my hair for days that turned into weeks.

It clings to leather as well.   I had to throw away a kick ass leather jacket about 15 years ago because I couldn't figure out how to clean it and get the smell out.   The fucking dry cleaner wouldn't even touch it.
(07-02-2024, 06:45 PM)sally Wrote: I had a pet skunk when I was a kid. They remove the scent glands and sell them at the pet stores which is something I do not agree with, but nonetheless my dad bought one. Pepper the skunk and I bonded and we became best friends. I was the only one able to handle him as he would turn your hand into hamburger meat. Those little bastards will tear you up, my parents learned never to mess with him again.

That is amazing.

Sometimes I think I can't be surprised by a Sally story, but then you post something like this.

We have skunks here. Some say they are good because they eat...ticks? I can't find anything that says that tho.

They used to call it Skunks and Clocks back in the old days.