Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAMOUS FOOD
Are there particular food/s that your state is known for? My state's famous food is probably Chesapeake blue crab and scrapple. I don't really care for either one, but I will eat a claw if I can get past what THEY eat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Apples, salmon-tho people probably think of Alaska more for salmon than Washington. Coffee and micro brews maybe?

SNAKEland (I HATE SNAKES) is noted for Key Lime Pie and Swamp Cabbage.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Our state sandwich is the Cuban. We're also known for alligator, but I'm not a fan. I'd love to find swamp cabbage fresh, but have yet to find it. It's just the heart of a certain type of palm tree, but harvesting it kills the tree so it's limited. Unless Cars knows something I dont. If you do know where to get it fresh , let me know!
(07-16-2024, 12:15 AM)sally Wrote:  We're also known for alligator

I tried it. I didn't think it tasted bad, but I have these mental hangups when it comes to some foods.
(07-16-2024, 09:36 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-16-2024, 12:15 AM)sally Wrote:  We're also known for alligator

I tried it. I didn't think it tasted bad, but I have these mental hangups when it comes to some foods.

Gator Jerky is delicious. So are fried Shark nuggets.
I haven't had gator jerky, but I have had fried shark. I liked that too.
Down in Okeechobee a damn alligator bit some guys hand off so they killed the gator and sold it to a restaurant. That's why I dont eat gator, you don't know who or what it ate.
That's exactly why I feel the way I do about crabs. They are the undertakers of the sea. *hurls*
Maple syrup and maple candy, I fucking hate maple flavored shit. 

I do like fried blue crab, but I've never had scrapple.

I tried fried alligator once, at the gatorland zoo in Florida (tasted like fried chicken to me).

Maine is known for whoopi pies and moxie,   both NH and Maine are known for lobster,  which I love.
(07-17-2024, 05:12 PM)cannongal Wrote: Maple syrup and maple candy, I fucking hate maple flavored shit. 

I do like fried blue crab, but I've never had scrapple.

I tried fried alligator once, at the gatorland zoo in Florida (tasted like fried chicken to me).

Maine is known for whoopi pies and moxie,   both NH and Maine are known for lobster,  which I love.

I love maple flavored everything. I wanted to go to a Maplefest a few months ago, but none of my friends or family wanted to go and I didn't want to go alone.
(07-17-2024, 05:12 PM)cannongal Wrote: at the gatorland zoo in Florida 

I went there too! You had to walk through the big open gator mouth to enter, right?
Maple syrup is really expensive here, but it lasts a long time since I only use it occasionally when my daughter wants french toast, pancakes or waffles.
What the fuck is swamp cabbage?

I love maple syrup. A friend sent some treats from vermont that were delicious! Oh fried blue crab-what is that? Sounds delicioius!

Swamp Cabbage was my stage name!
(07-18-2024, 01:49 AM)MirahM Wrote:  Oh fried blue crab-what is that? 

The only thing I think she could be referring to is soft shell crab where you eat the whole thing. 
(07-17-2024, 06:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-17-2024, 05:12 PM)cannongal Wrote: at the gatorland zoo in Florida 

I went there too! You had to walk through the big open gator mouth to enter, right?

I thibk so, it was roughly 20 years ago when I was there.  I remember thinking that it was really lame, but my boys, who were 4 and 7 at the time thought it was the most amazing thing ever.   

Hell, I even paid an extra 20 bucks,  so my kids could put a piece of meat on a long stick to feed the alligators  hah