Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLYMPICS
The Olympics start next week in Paris. Do any of you intend to watch? I prefer the Winter games, but I'll tune in to see Simone. That kid can fly!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-19-2024, 12:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: The Olympics start next week in Paris. Do any of you intend to watch? I prefer the Winter games, but I'll tune in to see Simone. That kid can fly!

No way I can watch.  With the time difference, most of the events will be in the early morning in the US. Sorry, I have a job and I need my sleep.
I have a friend who does an Olympic kick off party.   She serves traditional dishes from the hosting country, does olympic trivia games,  makes us learn a phrase  in that language,  and even sets up a little mini olympics for the kids, complete with plastic silver and gold medals for them.

It's a ton of fun,  and I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with this year.
It almost looks like an oversized joint.   Awink

[Image: GTbQ-TPX0AEb-DY?format=jpg&name=large]
USA! USA!

[Image: GTcQwJQXMAA45-D?format=jpg&name=medium]
(07-26-2024, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote: USA! USA!

[Image: GTcQwJQXMAA45-D?format=jpg&name=medium]
Woo 55
I'm told these young people are Gen Z. Do you think they are unaware they are sitting next to Mick Jagger at the Olympics or are they just being respectful of his space or maybe they could not care any less than they do. I don't know!

[Image: GTuGUazXgAAuQZF?format=jpg&name=medium]
English people have a real gift of being insufferable assholes, we fucked up in ww2, Germans are cooler!
Boxer Angela Carini was beaten by a biological male. What a glorious day for misogyny.
Someone said this is the first swimmer emerging from the Seine river and stating the water quality wasn't that bad.   hah

[Image: GTzwFr3XMAErndV?format=jpg&name=900x900]
(08-01-2024, 06:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: Someone said this is the first swimmer emerging from the Seine river and stating the water quality wasn't that bad.   hah

[Image: GTzwFr3XMAErndV?format=jpg&name=900x900]

hah
(08-01-2024, 02:38 PM)rothschild Wrote: Boxer Angela Carini was beaten by a biological male. 

Are you referring to Imane Khelif? If so, that person was assigned female at birth. That was determined by her genitalia. She was born a female and has lived as a female her entire life, she has always competed as a female. She's not a biological male nor is she transgender. There is a ton of information available regarding this.
(08-02-2024, 11:01 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-01-2024, 02:38 PM)rothschild Wrote: Boxer Angela Carini was beaten by a biological male. 

Are you referring to Imane Khelif? If so, that person was assigned female at birth. That was determined by her genitalia. She was born a female and has lived as a female her entire life, she has always competed as a female. She's not a biological male nor is she transgender. There is a ton of information available regarding this.

There's a ton of information that supports a different conclusion, and it all breaks down in accordance with politics. For me it's a question of whether this person has XX chromosomes or XY chromosomes. As far as I'm aware, the IOC doesn't test for that, and it is not determined by a birth certificate or passport.

The person looks decidedly mannish to me, but could be intersex. If that's the case then it's more complicated than the left/right media is reporting.
This is one topic I don't like arguing with you about. I don't think any male who has been thru puberty should be allowed to compete with females and I think I've said that in here before now, but maybe not. That's my opinion tho.
My girlfriend said having a small penis wasn't a big deal, I would prefer she didn't have one at all.
Two bits for a Bob?
(08-02-2024, 03:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: This is one topic I don't like arguing with you about. I don't think any male who has been thru puberty should be allowed to compete with females and I think I've said that in here before now, but maybe not. That's my opinion tho.

It seems that she has Swyer syndrome, in which case she could have children but would need an egg donor. No idea how this condition effects athletic performance.
(08-02-2024, 03:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: This is one topic I don't like arguing with you about. I don't think any male who has been thru puberty should be allowed to compete with females and I think I've said that in here before now, but maybe not. That's my opinion tho.

I totally agree.
(08-02-2024, 04:40 PM)BigMark Wrote: My girlfriend said having a small penis wasn't a big deal, I would prefer she didn't have one at all.

hah
It's fascinating to me about how everyone is focused on Imane ,  yet no one seems to care about the convicted pedo playing volleyball for the Netherlands.   Meh.