Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watch Doctor Who?
I caught a few of the old episodes when I was a kid and it was too cheesie even for a child... I started watching the new 2005 verson with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper and I'm pleasantly surprised.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/fat2PL6tXtk[/flash]
I watched one of the new ones that had these kids that wore gas masks it was a bit creepy and unnerving.............perfect!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That's the one I'm watching right now!
Wanna know who Mommy is?
my father used to watch the show when I was growing up. I never did. thought it was lame.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:That's the one I'm watching right now!
David Tennant is now Doctor Who you are two whole seasons and 2 or 4 specials behind.

Still to come for you is the return of the Cybermen, Davros (creator of the Daleks), the Sontarans and the Doctors arch nemesis the Master.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Liquid Wrote:my father used to watch the show when I was growing up. I never did. thought it was lame.
It isn't lame anymore.

The stories are well written and most episodes feature state of the art CGI effects.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
O.P.: I agree it's a great show!

LMPP: Were you surprized who Mommy was?
I've watched a few episodes. Not enough to have a clue what is happening though!!
Maggot Wrote:O.P.: I agree it's a great show!

LMPP: Were you surprized who Mommy was?

Not really, 'mummy' kept talking about how she put everyone around in danger.

That two-parter was exceptional. Well written, well acted and good special effects/sets.

I'm getting attached to Christophen Eccleston, I'll be sorry to see him go. 21
Momster Wrote:I've watched a few episodes. Not enough to have a clue what is happening though!!
You need to start at the beginning and watch it sequentially. Do you have netflix? They're offering it on their "watch instantly' part of their site... at least the 2005 and 2006 series.
No, we do blockbuster online. But I can bit torrent.

[user=85]Momster[/user] wrote:
Quote:I've watched a few episodes. Not enough to have a clue what is happening though!!
It's Doctor Who! He does the same thing every week, He has his telephone booth and saves people, and is dramatic,every episode (well not e v e r y episode). If you have seen one you know who he is. It's not really a series that you need to follow that close like Guiding Light or any otherdope opera. Getting a clue is like putting on your socks backwards.
Maggot Wrote:[user=85]Momster[/user] wrote:
Quote:I've watched a few episodes. Not enough to have a clue what is happening though!!
It's Doctor Who! He does the same thing every week, He has his telephone booth and saves people, and is dramatic,every episode (well not e v e r y episode). If you have seen one you know who he is. It's not really a series that you need to follow that close like Guiding Light or any otherdope opera. Getting a clue is like putting on your socks backwards.
I disagree. There are recurring characters that would be confusing to someone that hadn't seen them in a previous episode.
OK............Smiley_emoticons_wink
Thank you for humoring me.
I'm only pissed because I cannot get any pics out of my photo well and am getting Perturbed. It's not you, and when I say O.K. I am actually taking the easy path and deflecting any argumentive pre-opt descriptions of Doc Who series theme scenarios out of the equation. It may be that I am under the infuence of the creative evil weed but then again you do not know for sure. I say now that be assured that I am indeed under the infuence of a low pressure sytem and hopefully you take this into consideration apon your nextreply.Smiley_emoticons_biggrinwhich I am indeed respectful of.64
O. Kay.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Thank you for humoring me.
As bipolar and psychotic as you are; wouldn't only one of your personalities appreciate humor?

I'm not sold on David Tennant as Doctor Who yet... he reminds me of a chicken.