Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about this?
The baby doll that does everything - including breastfeeding
by Joanne Mallon Aug 4th 2009

Categories: Weird stories, Toys & games

[Image: baby-doll.jpg]When my son was a newborn baby, he used to breastfeed so much that I could have done with an extra set of boobs to fill him up. Consequently, this meant that much of our first few weeks together were spent pinned to the sofa, feeding 24/7.

This wasn't much fun for my oldest child, who was three at the time. But then she started to join in: playing a game with one of her own baby dolls, lifting it to her chest and pretending to feed it "mummy milk".

Now a Spanish toy manufacturer, Berjuan, has taken this sort of game a step further, with the launch of Bebé Glotón, the breast-feeding doll. The name translates to mean Glutton Baby (charming!), and the doll comes with a special halter top - adorned with daisies for nipples - that little girls wear while they pretend to breastfeed. According to thingamababy.com, the doll makes sucking noises when lifted to the daisies.

The doll, which comes in boy or girl versions, is designed to be around the same size as a real newborn baby. It burps and cries for more if mummy's feeding technique isn't up to scratch. I take it that the flowers don't get the battering that breastfeeding nipples do - maybe they should include a cabbage leaf and a tube of Lanolin in the set to make it really lifelike.

Toy baby bottles have been around for decades, so is this just a natural next step? Or another example of toys becoming overly complicated and getting in the way of a child's natural imaginative play? I am all in favour of anything that encourages and normalises breastfeeding but I do find that there's something slightly odd about this one

ummmmmm...I think.............

[Image: misc_granny_kicking_clapping_baby.gif]

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm hoping Opie will chime in. He has probally done extensive research on this.
[Image: funny_aw_jeez_not_again.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The only thing new about this are the daisy nipples.
Well, I think it's sick, but that's just me and my 2 cents...........make that 1 cent due to the crappy economy. That's all I can afford.
Is it any weirder than this?

Quote:BABY ALIVE WETS 'N WIGGLES Doll (Caucasian Girl)
Approx. Retail: $34.99

ITEM #:63454
AGES: 3 & Up

[Image: brand_buy_now_btn.gif] Where to Buy [url=javascript:print();]Print[/url]

Play "mommy" with this amazing doll that "drinks" her juice and "wets" her diaper just like a real baby! But when you change the doll's diaper, watch out - babies can be full of surprises! Give your baby WETS 'N WIGGLES doll a bottle of water, and watch her wiggle and cry to let you know it's time to change her diaper. Once she's changed, squeeze her baby bracelet to hear her coo and play! Doll comes with 3 doll diapers, t-shirt, hat, washcloth, rattle and bottle. Includes 4 "AA" batteries.

Attached Files
.jpg   baby alive.jpg (Size: 14.03 KB / Downloads: 31)
I think I saw an ad for a doll that shit its pants too..or at least there was some sort of smudge in the diaper. Yuck.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Is it any weirder than this?

Quote:BABY ALIVE WETS 'N WIGGLES Doll (Caucasian Girl)
Approx. Retail: $34.99

ITEM #:63454
AGES: 3 & Up

[Image: brand_buy_now_btn.gif] Where to Buy [url=javascript:print();]Print[/url]

Play "mommy" with this amazing doll that "drinks" her juice and "wets" her diaper just like a real baby! But when you change the doll's diaper, watch out - babies can be full of surprises! Give your baby WETS 'N WIGGLES doll a bottle of water, and watch her wiggle and cry to let you know it's time to change her diaper. Once she's changed, squeeze her baby bracelet to hear her coo and play! Doll comes with 3 doll diapers, t-shirt, hat, washcloth, rattle and bottle. Includes 4 "AA" batteries.

Yes, it is. I don't want to see my 4 year old great niece walking around with a fake doll plastered against her non exsisting boobs.

They've been making dolls that piss themselves for years and years now.
Yeah, that's my point. Little girls have been pretending to nurse baby dolls for forever, it's just that now someone's actually taken away the subtlety. I don't think it's any worse than changing a doll's (literally) dirty diaper.

Or for that matter, making wedding dresses for 5 year olds. That's just weird.
The only thing that concerns me about this whole thing is that the baby as doll image. I mean, when a child tires of a doll, it ends up on the floor or in back of the closet..forgotten. Just do not want thjem growing up to think that if they tire of a real baby they can just abandon it in the "back of the closet" or something and nothing bad will happen to it. But am I just over thinking this??
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Yeah, that's my point. Little girls have been pretending to nurse baby dolls for forever, it's just that now someone's actually taken away the subtlety. I don't think it's any worse than changing a doll's (literally) dirty diaper.

Have you seen that sick show on the little beauty pageant girls. I watched about 10 mins. of it one day and wanted to go through the screen and slap the shit out of the mothers.

I've never had that much make up on in my whole adult life and these little 5 year olds are caked in it. Thousands of dollars for the dresses they wear....WTF!!!! And, what kind of pussy fathers let this shit go on??
okay YUCK, it's bad enough when my daughter becomes an adult to witness this but I don't need it when she is 4... keep it too yourselves assholes.
FAHQTOO Wrote:
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Yeah, that's my point. Little girls have been pretending to nurse baby dolls for forever, it's just that now someone's actually taken away the subtlety. I don't think it's any worse than changing a doll's (literally) dirty diaper.

Have you seen that sick show on the little beauty pageant girls. I watched about 10 mins. of it one day and wanted to go through the screen and slap the shit out of the mothers.

I've never had that much make up on in my whole adult life and these little 5 year olds are caked in it. Thousands of dollars for the dresses they wear....WTF!!!! And, what kind of pussy fathers let this shit go on??
Are you from Michigan?
BROTHER Wrote:
FAHQTOO Wrote:

Are you from Michigan?

Do you EVER have ANYTHING useful to add to a conversation?

Didn't think so. Fuck off already, would ya? What an irrelevant, boringbitch you are.
FAHQTOO Wrote:
BROTHER Wrote:
FAHQTOO Wrote:

Are you from Michigan?

Do you EVER have ANYTHING useful to add to a conversation?

Didn't think so. Fuck off already, would ya? What an irrelevant, boringbitch you are.
Are you from Michigan?
Knock it off, Brother...Every thread I've been in just now you are asking the same intrusive question& it could be considered spamming if you don't shut the fuck up already.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:Knock it off, Brother...Every thread I've been in just now you are asking the same intrusive question& it could be considered spamming if you don't shut the fuck up already.
I simply asked a question of two people.
Duchess Wrote:Knock it off, Brother...Every thread I've been in just now you are asking the same intrusive question& it could be considered spamming if you don't shut the fuck up already.
I'm sorry I left you out, Are you from Michigan?::blink::
BROTHER Wrote:I'm sorry I left you out, Are you from Michigan?::blink::
Yes
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]