Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you collect?
Most everyone has a collection of some sort, even if you don't think you collect stuff, you probably do and don't even know you do. So, what do you collect?
I collect bicycles, skulls, stray cats, and nobody even know this, but I collect stones, if I see an odd looking stone I need to keep it for some strange reason.
I collect stones too, but I actually buy them. Tumbled polished stones have been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid.

If you ever get some extra cash you wanna blow through on something useless, China has a ton of vendors that sell some beautiful specimens.
(12-20-2009, 06:07 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: I collect stones too, but I actually buy them. Tumbled polished stones have been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid.

If you ever get some extra cash you wanna blow through on something useless, China has a ton of vendors that sell some beautiful specimens.
I have a couple polished stones I found somewhere, I won't buy a rock, I see plenty of them just laying around, when one catches my eye I'll pick it up.
I also pick up those little fossil things too.
I don't collect anything, but I think I'm going to start collecting glass bongs and pipes and put them in my china cabinent. I bought one for my husband for Christmas and it's so pretty that I think I want to keep it for a decoration now, smoking pot out of it would just ruin it.
(12-20-2009, 06:17 PM)sally Wrote: I don't collect anything, but I think I'm going to start collecting glass bongs and pipes and put them in my china cabinent. I bought one for my husband for Christmas and it's so pretty that I think I want to keep it for a decoration now, smoking pot out of it would just ruin it.
Oh, this I want to see.
Welfare.... 28

(just kidding people.. I WISH I could collect fucking 'welfare')

I collect money of different sorts, primarily coins and foreign currency. My collection isn't worth much. I USED to have a fairly valuable collection, but the guy I was with prior to my ex, stole them and sold them when I left the state. I was mad as hell, I'd been collecting that shit since I was a little kid and then I had to start over.

Otherwise, I guess I collect computer parts. yay.
Come to think of it I have a crappy collection of coins and odd money too, nothing special, just odd stuff.
I collect colonial coins.
86 112
(12-20-2009, 06:19 PM)twisteroo Wrote:
(12-20-2009, 06:17 PM)sally Wrote: I don't collect anything, but I think I'm going to start collecting glass bongs and pipes and put them in my china cabinent. I bought one for my husband for Christmas and it's so pretty that I think I want to keep it for a decoration now, smoking pot out of it would just ruin it.
Oh, this I want to see.

It's not your run of the mill party bong. It's clear hand blown glass with a sage green design at the bottom. It actually matches the color of my couch, I want to put it on my coffee table and tell everyone not to touch it lol. A friend of mine makes them too, you can't even tell they're pipes. He made these little ones.

[Image: box158.jpg]

[Image: box157.jpg]

[Image: box146.jpg]
Ooooh, I like glass too! Basically, if it's shiny, I'm gonna like it.

Here's my 'treasure chest' of semi-precious gemstones. Those big ones are just quartz, but they sure are purty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aww....man, nobody wants to see my bikes, rocks, or skulls. 111
I have an extensive, world class, collection but I won't identify it since it would blow my 'cover' here and at 24, where there is far more to lose than to gain, by doing so.

I will say that it's historical in nature, and art from the Arts & Craft period of Europe...most directly from the artists own collections along with personal papers, letters, documents, and awards. I even have some of their tools and many of their conceptual drawings and designs as well as some of their utilitarian furniture. With exception of the actual art, most of the material has never been viewed before outside their immediate families.

I have been diligently cataloging, conserving, and digitally documenting all items over the past seven years and I am currently about a quarter of the way done...but this is primarily due to continual acquisition, although not at the pace of several years ago.
Fug duh kund
You could be Donald Trump and I wouldn't give a shit. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(12-20-2009, 07:00 PM)sally Wrote: It's not your run of the mill party bong. It's clear hand blown glass with a sage green design at the bottom. It actually matches the color of my couch, I want to put it on my coffee table and tell everyone not to touch it lol. A friend of mine makes them too, you can't even tell they're pipes. He made these little ones.

A friend of mine (the one who was stuck on the interstate for 11 hours, in fact), has a pretty glass hand-blown glass pipe shaped like a mouse.

No, he did not have it with him while stuck in traffic - though I wish he wouldn't have been nearly as upset about it if he had.
(12-20-2009, 07:10 PM)twisteroo Wrote: Aww....man, nobody wants to see my bikes, rocks, or skulls. 111

Those are all cool things, twisty.

I'd like to see 'em Smiley_emoticons_smile
(12-20-2009, 07:30 PM)Luke Warmwater Wrote: I have an extensive, world class, collection but I won't identify it since it would blow my 'cover' here and at 24, where there is far more to lose than to gain, by doing so.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Luke is famous! 47

(pssst Luke! Invite some of your boring-assed famous friends to join Mock!)

I've never really looked at these as a collection but, I have a plethera of watering cans, the older the better...I have them inside & out, I fill them with fresh flowers, dried flowers, kitchen utencils, they sit throughout my garden & patio and hang from the rafters in my potting shed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Wouldn't that be really fucking weird if Luke WAS someone famous? Would we start treating him different? Would we become even more abusive? Would one of us (Frank) become an obsequious little toady?
I collect salt & pepper shakers and hockey memorabilia.
I've added a couple more to this collection. My favorites are the little monks. These were bequeathed to me by my Gran when she died. She had more but I've no idea what happened to all of them.... I'm sure mom had something to do with it.

[attachment=793]
I collect several things, coins, stamps,guns to name but a few.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams