Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like We're Getting Closer...
Health bill clears another hurdle

Exerpt:

The Senate health care bill took another step closer to passage Tuesday morning, moving ahead on a straight party-line vote during an unusual early morning session.

Tuesday's 60-39 vote was the second in a series of three procedural motions to wind down debate on the measure and move it to final passage Christmas Eve -- a vote that now could take place as late as 10 p.m. that night, under the current Senate schedule.

Thoughts?
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
I can't believe all of that drama and no public option. This bullshit is all the result of the hundreds of millions of dollars the drug and insurance companies have been using to fund their legions of lobbyists - i.e. the corruption of politicians, not to mention the shameless Obstructionist Party (Republicans).
86 112
Yeah and how dare they thwart the Constitution by the Fed forcing people to buy health insurance whether they want it or not. Yeah Frank.... we all want to be forced to give the Fed even more of our money. And don't go comparing it to STATE insurance requirements.

This is NOT a well thought out bill - period.

http://mockforums.com/showthread.php?tid...ealth+care

Julie, you can read some of the debate there.... it started out about the party crashers and morphed into health care bill discussion.

Also note the bill I posted is not and hasn't been the "real" bill for some time now. Good old Harry Reed (I heard him myself) say that was posted as a decoy while they hash out details.
The bottom line: If you have insurance now you will be paying more.
People that do not work will get a free ride
Many Americans are still sucking on the government tit at the food court in the mall.
We are fucked, fisted and flamboozled.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I still haven't heard how they're going to get doctors to sign onto this. How are they going to pursuade GOOD doctors to accept this shit?

We already have a public option called Medicaid. I see no reason why they can't fix that up and allow anyone to pay into that on a sliding scale basis according to income. It will help fund it (let the state and fed bicker over the money split details) and give incentive for docs to sign on and accept it because they'll be able to pay them more for signing on.

Of course that is a bare bones suggestion and loads need to be done to clean up and sort out in the Medicaid system to make that work but it CAN work way better than what that abomination of a bill will do.
(12-23-2009, 11:11 AM)The Antagonist Wrote: We already have a public option called Medicaid. I see no reason why they can't fix that up and allow anyone to pay into that on a sliding scale basis according to income.

That is a form of what I was talking about - a public option. 86
86 112
Well if we fix up the public option we already have we do not need this bill at all.
What we need is insurance reform across the board. ALL kinds of insurances, health, home, car, life etc..... and things will be much better.

Our health care system is not broken.
The left has been trying to scare people into thinking everyone is getting dropped left and right because insurance companies are evil and do it on purpose. They never mention why they get dropped.... like they quit their jobs and no longer are part of the group plan the business signed up with. Or how about they bought a total crap plan trying to keep premiums down and they are barely covered anyway? Yeah Matt's got one of those crap plans through his work. He wastes money monthly on a plan that covers nothing and he has to pay more out of pocket than the HMO covers.
Or the bold faced lie on keeping the doc and plan you want? You can keep your doctor - they just don't tell you how to pay for it if he's not part of the Govt plan! How can you remain in a group plan if your plan was provided by your employer and you don't work there anymore? Or how about if your employer drops the plan you already have for that stupid public option that is now cheaper because he's getting taxed out the ass for having a "Cadillac plan"?

Yeah, they don't explain that shit do they? They can't because it's all not feasible!

The cuts to Medicare to clean it up and fund the govt option plan is not smart. They keep saying how they're not going to gyp seniors but if you clean up that system and take that money out of it and put it someplace else, how is that not fucking over seniors? Why not clean it up and put that money back INTO the system and make it better?

Same for Medicaid.

They won't do that because of the sweetheart bribe deals they're doling out left and right. Someone's pocket has to get lined with greenbacks to have the bill even considered by our fucked up govt.

They don't work for us anymore.

I have no insurance and desperately need it for my constant pain, I pay out of my own pocket. I won't buy into this bullshit health care bill. I'd rather see them do things right instead of all this fucked up political posturing and the lies and shit they're all telling about it. Obama wants this for a political win and nothing less.
YOU LIE!!!!!!!

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Actually I don't really care.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

That "Cadillac Tax" is making Cowboy highly irate...Not a one of those fuckers in Washington care about the people at all...If they did, they would do the right thing...The only time "we" are important to them is when they want our vote...Bastards.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
As this bill stands companies will not cover employees 5050 anymore. It will be more like 2080 this will only put a burden on the working people. and if you make over 88,000 per year watch out! Another thing that is in the works is phasing out the tax credit for interest on your mortgage. Hey, the money has to come from somewhere. people seem to forget that little bit. Even if you were to take every dime of profit from insurance and drug companies it would still not even cover 18 of the population.
Merry Christmas
Here is an ass fucking for you.52
Is there anything we can do? Because I've become sort of passive about the way government is gonna do whatever they want, at the expense of the taxpayers. The "War on Terror" proved that to me.

I can't hardly stand hearing/reading about this shit anymore.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Vote in every single election and pick better liars?
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
I try to avoid it, it's the only way I can maintain my fragile sanity.
(12-23-2009, 12:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: As this bill stands companies will not cover employees 5050 anymore. It will be more like 2080 this will only put a burden on the working people. and if you make over 88,000 per year watch out! Another thing that is in the works is phasing out the tax credit for interest on your mortgage. Hey, the money has to come from somewhere. people seem to forget that little bit. Even if you were to take every dime of profit from insurance and drug companies it would still not even cover 18 of the population.
Merry Christmas
Here is an ass fucking for you.52

Fuckers took that interest credit away from us here for the last two years and brought it back for '08. It's nice to see them take it back away from us again. And top it off - if you're not "rich" by their standards, that mortgage tax credit is the same across the board. So, thanks for fucking over EVERYONE in one fell swoop. I live in the highest taxed state in the Union and I will be double fucked over between state and federal taxes now.

Never mind my mom - she's got a "Cadillac" plan even though she's retired. But hey, they're not fucking with the old people right?

Lumpy, the only thing we can hope for is the 2010 mid term election will bring the power of balance back to the house and senate and there will no longer be a fillerbuster proof majority. Then there is a chance to change all this if they have the stomach to go through the trouble of reverting it all.
I am really thinking of investing more than the 10% I have vested in gold and silver and going full bore 100% at the next low. I have recently sold about 4 oz of gold and 60 oz of silver. Not a dime went to the tax man on the appreciation I realized. Until they can figure a way to tax me it looks like this is the way for the next few years. Fuck-em. It kinda sucks as the charity credit may soon be gone also.
Don't market-time or use emotion - use the sound long-term principles of investing and keep it mechanical and boring.
86 112
In other words, imitate Lumpy's love life.
86 112
Invest in AAs?
The cocksuckers passed the last cloture vote. They're on the TV now congratulating themselves on the ass fucking they just gave the American people.