Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal gas tax by state
This is one place that the government could help.

see how much per gallon you pay the federal government.

Do you think that we could use that money right now? this is just the tip of the iceberg, they also have taxes on food, as well as just about every consumer product that we buy, at some point the government takes a cut.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Go, Georgia! 7.5 (plus 4% tax)! We drive around here, then we drive some more!
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-26-2011, 12:21 PM)Cracker Wrote: Go, Georgia! 7.5 (plus 4% tax)! We drive around here, then we drive some more!

If they aren't nailing you on gas then they are getting you on something else.

most people walk around oblivious to the amount of tax that is being paid on everything we buy, and most of these are hidden and before the state sales tax, at some point the government needs to take their fingers out of the pie.

couple this with paying our farmers not to grow food, and you have the high prices we pay today.

we used to feed the world now we can't feed ourselves.

Our government is directly responsible for the high food costs and for the high gas prices, none of this other shit is real, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Brazil was granted oil leases in the gulf, our drillers were not.

something smells bad in the whitehouse.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

What's going to happen to all of us who work, who do the right thing & strive for our version of the American dream? I know this is off topic but the price of gas is just one more fuckin' thing on top of a shit ton of others. I've started to get hit with higher fees on the bill for gas delivery to the stable/house & for the trash guy who empties the dumpster for Chrissake & I can't even talk about the cost of our health insurance without thinking I'm going to stroke out.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-26-2011, 12:29 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 12:21 PM)Cracker Wrote: Go, Georgia! 7.5 (plus 4% tax)! We drive around here, then we drive some more!

If they aren't nailing you on gas then they are getting you on something else.

most people walk around oblivious to the amount of tax that is being paid on everything we buy, and most of these are hidden and before the state sales tax, at some point the government needs to take their fingers out of the pie.

couple this with paying our farmers not to grow food, and you have the high prices we pay today.

we used to feed the world now we can't feed ourselves.

Our government is directly responsible for the high food costs and for the high gas prices, none of this other shit is real, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Brazil was granted oil leases in the gulf, our drillers were not.

something smells bad in the whitehouse.

I have a sect (hahaha) of militia-minded friends I see a few times a year. I know everything I buy is at least 50% tax: Transportations tax, import/export tax, inspection fees, sales tax, manufacturing tax, inventory and income tax, business property tax, etc.

WE GAVE BRAZIL PERMISSION TO DRILL ON OUR RESERVES???!!! Link, please...

We pay a shitload of SPLOSTs in Georgia. Currently 3%. Yeah, we fucked ourselves. Not this Cracker, but the stupid ones did. There are more stupid people here than not...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-26-2011, 12:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What's going to happen to all of us who work, who do the right thing & strive for our version of the American dream? I know this is off topic but the price of gas is just one more fuckin' thing on top of a shit ton of others. I've started to get hit with higher fees on the bill for gas delivery to the stable/house & for the trash guy who empties the dumpster for Chrissake & I can't even talk about the cost of our health insurance without thinking I'm going to stroke out.

I am in a position to work half-time now. The only reason I am scared to do it is the cost of health insurance.

I figured it out. With the premiums and copays I pay for medical and dental and vision, I would be better off not having insurance and just using the Immediate Care place down the road. I can't do that, though, in case of catastropic injury or illness. As I see it, insurance premiums, and the fucking super-high deductible I just recently had added to my insurance, is just a pay-in-advance loan. I am paying more than I actually use, same if you include the family members I cover.

They fuck you either way. I haven't figured out how to get around this yet...
I don't think I'd mind a Fed gas tax so much (even though Idaho tax isnt listed on that site) if the Fed government would quit coddling the Exxons, Chevrons, ConocoPhillips ,etc, etc and stop the ass raping that Americans take at the pump whenever some towelhead in the Middle East farts.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Rising petrol prices is just another way the elites are trying to squeeze the middle class into extinction.

The last thing they want is people with the brains and the means to do things, all they want are obediant worker drones.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(03-26-2011, 01:44 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Rising petrol prices is just another way the elites are trying to squeeze the middle class into extinction.

Now, see, this is a different kind of post from you. I see you are not always one way...

I don't know if I totally agree with the conspiracy theory part (I'll also not totally discount it), but I do think "middle class" is the new dirty word for some people.

Why can't I vacation if I work? Why should you get one if you don't? I don't see a problem with there being different classes. That's how life works. Nobody said life was fair.
Nearly everyone in a position of massive power is an elite, be they George W.Bush or Barack Obama, they both conform to a hidden elite agenda, leaders are chosen not elected.

Their ultimate goal is to create a two tier society, an elite minority and then everyone else. The more I hear politicians the more they all sound the same, all the republican/Democrat, Conservative/labour is just a smokescreen to distract the public and keep them divided.

Notice how the media (ALL the media) push issues that are deliberately divisive to keep everyone at each others throats and stopping them from stepping back and seeing the big picture.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Did you SEE how high New York is??? That just pisses me right the fuck off. This state is freakin bankrupt but we have the highest taxes on practically everything. I hate it here.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
When I was on holiday in New York all the locals we talked to mentioned the ridiculous taxes there.

Why are they so high?
Who the hell knows OP. It's beyond ridiculous.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies