Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Charter fishing
This is off Eastmans charter boats, I usually go 3-4 times a year. hah

Carnage!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noJVR30df...page#t=33s
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Aren't you supposed to have to work a tiny bit to catch a fish?

I'd like to throw that guy over board to a bunch of hungry sharks. Carnage!!!
Commando Cunt Queen
what are they using for bait? besides beer? Drinking too much

i never liked cod much.

they obviously found a good spot that day. usually those party boats are just an excuse to get shitfaced at sea. :B

[Image: cod2.gif]

The bait would be clams or shrimp or seaworms whatever you want. they get fillet on the way in. I hate mackeral though. Flounder is better.
(05-23-2011, 04:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: Flounder is better.

Nom Nom Nom

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
now that's a flounder! but that guy looks like a midget. hahahaha

[Image: Chris-with-flounder.jpg]

Isn't this Flounder?

(05-23-2011, 06:26 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Isn't this Flounder?

Stop making fun of my fish thread! Twat
To me, the vid posted just doesnt look like a lot of fun. I love to fish..but I like it to be more of a quiet relaxing solitary thing..not a bunch of asshats on a boat hootin and hollerin.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

in all my years in florida, fishing and diving, i never saw a sawfish.

Signs_173
PORT ST. LUCIE — On Friday afternoon just before 3 p.m., state law enforcement officers with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission located an estimated 6-foot, 10-inch dead sawfish near the Kitching Cove area of the St. Lucie River’s North Fork.

Early Friday morning a dead sawfish sighting was reported near Five Fingers, according to National Sawfish Encounter Database manager John Waters.

The sawfish will be transported to Tequesta, where biologists with the Florida Wildlife Research Institute will perform a necropsy to determine cause of death, age, size, sexual maturity and more. Possibly organs may be harvested for future education or study.

The report was turned in to the National Sawfish Encounter Database in Gainesville where the program is part of the Florida Museum of Natural History.

On Saturday, John Haas of Stuart saw the sawfish behind his home on the St. Lucie River just east of Krueger Creek. Haas saw the fins of the sawfish sticking up out of the shallow water.

“It was dusk and I thought it was a tarpon at first and went out there with my rod and reel,” he said. “Then I thought it might be a stranded dolphin when I got a better look at its fins.”

Haas put on his neoprene dive booties and was going to jump into the water with it when he finally saw it was a sawfish.

“When I saw that saw I decided not to get into the water with it,” he said. But he could see it was in severe distress.

“I could see fishing line wrapped around its fins and head and across its eye,” he said. “It was pretty lethargic, too, but I had to try to get that line off of it.”

Haas and his teenage children Kristen and John Jr. helped him lead the fish over to the swim platform behind his boat. From there, they were able to keep the fish still enough for Haas to cut the line free. Haas said once it was free, it seemed to swim off well.

On Wednesday, Hal Fowler and Anthony DiCaprio saw a large sawfish in the shallow harbor inside the marina at Ballantrae on the St. Lucie River’s North Fork. The fish appeared to be dead, but moved when DiCaprio approached it to see it better.

In 2010, 23 sawfish reports from Treasure Coast waters were received by the NSED, according to John Waters, program manager.

This year, there have just been four including a 14-foot-long female that was found dead on April 28 entangled in the mooring line of a small dinghy at Loblolly Marina in Hobe Sound.

Waters said that although the death was unfortunate, a necropsy revealed there was no other signs of human interaction and the organs of the fish were harvested and preserved for the Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida.

Waters said that sawfish have no natural predators once they reach adulthood, but as juveniles are sometimes preyed upon by sharks.

He added that the public’s continued awareness and education about sawfish could one day lead to their recovery and removal from the Endangered Species List.

As for Friday’s report, Waters said the citizen who saw the sawfish said it was caught up in a dead tree.

Local History

Dr. Grant Gilmore, veteran Indian River Lagoon marine biologist who has studied the estuary since the mid 1970s said he has only had the privilege to examine six sawfish, the first of which came from the beach near St. Lucie Inlet. Longtime Jensen Beach resident and historian Marty Baum said records of large sawfish being caught extend back to the 1870s on the Treasure Coast. In the book Camping and Cruising in Florida 100 Years Ago by James A. Henshall, he writes of a seasonal resident in Jupiter, Dr. Sweet of Bedford, Mass. enjoying the sport of harpooning sharks and sawfish inside the Jupiter Inlet and in the Loxohatchee River. In fact, till this day there is still a spot in the Loxahatchee River east of the railroad bridge and west of Burt Reynolds Park called Sawfish Bay.

[Image: 250646278_5c172fb5bc.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

that's a freshwater fishie?? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

A retired Royal Navy officer used a tiny piece of sweetcorn as bait on a fishing trip - and landed an absolute monster weighing more than 260 lbs.

David Kent, 54, was on holiday in Thailand with his wife Isabel when he decided to try his luck in a nearby lake.

He didn't have a single nibble all day and was about to pack up - when suddenly he had the bite of his life.

After almost an hour battling the monster from the deep, Mr Kent landed a Giant Meekong Catfish more than 7ft long.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-08-2011, 12:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: After almost an hour battling the monster from the deep, Mr Kent landed a Giant Meekong Catfish more than 7ft long.

Luvs to see me sum redneck boy try an' noodle one of dem out dey fish holes!

"Hey Cletus . . . what yu usin fer bait? I brung corn."

"Weeze usin Billy Bob! He aint washed in damn near a week an' he sure is ripe! Weeze gonna git us a big un!"
I bet the teeth on that fucker are an inch long.
are you going fishing this weekend Maggot? here's some worms. hah

[Image: worms.gif]

Attached Files
.gif   worms.gif (Size: 3.7 KB / Downloads: 45)

i like this cool old Georgia guy. Old hah

[Image: 857877143.jpg]

With the humidity stifling and the temperature soaring into the 90s, Bobby Kirk said this was not a good day for fishing.

"It was no good this morning. I never got a bite," Kirk said, standing in the shade of his porch off Rogers Road, one of the few dirt roads left in Oconee County. "I reckon it was too hot."

But the previous week, the 76-year-old man had caught the largest fish of his life -- a 40 pound flathead catfish.

"I sold him for $40," Kirk said as he chewed on a wad of J.D.'s Blend tobacco.

Kirk, who is known in this neck of the woods as an expert at training beagles to run rabbits, said he fishes most days at Lake Oconee, especially around the Dyar Pasture area of Greene County.

On the morning of July 12, Kirk went to the lake and set trot lines for catfish, which he planned to check the following morning. He organizes fishing ventures like Tuesday's to avoid the heat. He arrives at the lake before 6 a.m. and returns home by 10 a.m.

"I can't stand the heat. Now I could when I was young, but I can't do it now," he said.

The lifelong Oconee County resident still raises rabbit dogs. [Image: attachment.php?aid=4472]

"I raise those dogs pretty good. If it's a deer dog I ain't gonna keep it. If you go rabbit hunting you don't want to have to hunt a dog for three days," he said about beagles that chase deer and disappear in the woods.

Kirk fishes off a boat with a 1958 model outboard motor that he keeps in running shape. Recently it gave him some problems.

"I made the biggest mistake of my life. I went out to crank my motor on my boat and it wouldn't hit a lick. I went and got a set of points to put in it and it still wouldn't hit a lick. Finally I discovered one thing -- I didn't turn the gas on," he said with a laugh. "That's a good story. Tell me I'm getting old."

Kirk has a knack for growing plants, and his garden is filled with onions, tomatoes, okra and beans. He plans to can his abundance of tomatoes.

"I cold-process them in a jar and when you get ready to eat peas, you can take that tomato out and put it in your peas," he said.

While he has had some health problems, Kirk is ready for some adventure if he wins the lottery.

"If I was to hit it, I'd try to fly around the world and back. I wouldn't wear nothing but these camouflage overalls, but I'd get me some new ones," he said.

"Boy, you know what. Going to different places like that -- and they see you with your camouflage overalls on -- lots of women like them."

Kirk chuckled as he described the possibilities, then decided it was time to go inside.

"You know why people can't take the heat?" he asked. "Air-condition has ruined everybody. You know what I mean?"

I like that guy! I wonder how he grows anything in that red clay crap though.

Hahahaha! I liked him too!

Beagles! My favorite dog in all the land. I've raised two from puppy to their deaths. 75
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
as a kid i had 2 beagles, both named Barney. sweet dogs.

that old dude cracks me up with his camo overalls, saying all the women like them. hahahaha i bet he's a lovable coot, spitting tobaccy and probably has a still too. [Image: hillbilly.gif]

[Image: dog_beagle_FAN_lg.gif]

Beagles have bad breath.
damn Maggot! bet you never got a striper like this! hah

Friday, 05 Aug 2011, 1:45 PM EDT

Westbrook, Conn. (WTNH) - A striped bass that could break the world record was caught in the waters of the Long Island Sound in Westbrook.

According to the Jack's Bait and Tackle in Westbrook, the striper caught by Greg Myerson of North Branford weighed in at 81.88 pounds.

The current record holder is a 78.8 pound striper caught in New Jersey in 1982 by Albert McReynolds.

[Image: striper_20110805134459_640_480.JPG]